Indian Motorcycle Community

Looking For Prescription Goggles Or Glasses That Seal Well Against Road Dirt

I have a large bridge on my nose, so most glasses don't seal well enough to ride with, they are usually left open at my cheeks so that road sand gets in my eyes,so I usually use goggles all year, but I now need corrective lenses.
I will not be riding with a full face helmet, so no need for those style responses. Cost is not really the issue, it is quality that I am after and they need to be prescription abled. Having change out lenses for night time that are also RX seems to be a must as well, or I can get two pairs, but then price starts to matter.

I bought a pair of the "over the glasses" style goggles. They work pretty good, are comfortable and don't cost much. In fact, just found the ones I have on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Goggles-Motorcycle-glasses-Anti-Fog-Lenses/dp/B00DHVK7SO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1453785196&sr=8-11&keywords=goggles+fit+over+glasses

I bought a pair of the "over the glasses" style goggles. They work pretty good, are comfortable and don't cost much. In fact, just found the ones I have on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Goggles-Motorcycle-glasses-Anti-Fog-Lenses/dp/B00DHVK7SO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1453785196&sr=8-11&keywords=goggles+fit+over+glasses

I have a pair, they don't fit. I actually have a couple different types of these, and none of them do fit well enough to be the answer.

Yo

u can. I haven't considered it, but I should at least check into it.

i was in glasses ,then contacts, all aggravating crap . now dollar store readers in my pocket if needed , grab my helmet ,sunglasses,and hit the road , just sayin ......

• Like 1

About 15 years ago I had that laser - zilon death ray - thing done to my eyes. I see fine now - no glasses now other than for reading and up close work.

• Like 2

About 15 years ago I had that laser - zilon death ray - thing done to my eyes. I see fine now - no glasses now other than for reading and up close work.

same here and i swear its life changing .

• Like 1

Had cataract surgery a month ago instead of putting in clear lenses and having to wear glasses again I had Optic lenses put in at a cost of $1500 no more glasses, just for reading. My son had Lasik surgery done 15 years ago and now has trouble with night driving might have to go back to glasses.

I am looking for some type of sunglasses or maybe goggle to keep the road crap out of my eyes. I will ckeck out all the options posted on here.

Afterfour(Rick)

same here and i swear its life changing .

Ditto.

A local eye doc can fix ya up but beware of a prescription change on the curved lenses. Best to have them made by a local that can fit you correctly.

Last job I was on, a goggle type eye protection was Fed required. They brought in a local eye doc to the job and had everyone fitted. About 75% had problems where the curve is (practically the whole lens). The doc had them sent back and fixed (reground?).

Just a word of caution.

Hey, what's your eyes worth? Or head, as indicated by CD99.

Good luck!

• Like 1

i agree, i had much rather see well that have new pipes or a seat or a new paint job .

I had good luck for the sunglasses with prescription by going with WileyX . The sunglasses do have a moderate curve to them, but not so much that a prescription can't be fitted. Actually even have my progressive bifocals in there also. They do offer several styles with a removable foam seal for riding. Their website also has a feature where you can search for a local provider, at least some place you could try some on for fit. Just my two cents :moped:

• Like 3

I can second airpirates suggestion of Classic Goggles. I used their prescription ready Spyder Optik goggles for all six of my cross-country rides and they worked great to keep dirt out. Couldn't see crap in the rain, though.

http://www.classicgoggles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=spyderrx

I can second airpirates suggestion of Classic Goggles. I used their prescription ready Spyder Optik goggles for all six of my cross-country rides and they worked great to keep dirt out. Couldn't see crap in the rain, though.

http://www.classicgoggles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=spyderrx

Be nice to try these on b4 ordering as they usually don't fit the bridge of my nose.

oh Snap !! lol

Edited by glassguy2

I have a wide nose bridge also. Wiley X and their web site will give you local retailers-so can try on---probably have in Reno.

they are also military issue. Love mine

• Like 1

Is a nose job out of the question?? LOL :rauch08:

Um yeah, I like my nose and so does the missus.

I have a wide nose bridge also. Wiley X and their web site will give you local retailers-so can try on---probably have in Reno.

they are also military issue. Love mine

Yeah, going to street rider today in Reno, not comfortable just ordering online without trying them on.

• Like 1

I had lassie about 12 years ago. As they said, life changing. But, as they also said, readers will probably be needed at some point. Having lasik done now may put that off for you. I'm using readers because it was done so long ago and the doc told me then I'd eventually need them. Check in to it, that part of it usually free.

I had PRK not Lasik ... something about my eye balls having too much psi inside. Anyway they're holding up well - never need glasses when I ride, and I use cheap 5 & dime readers when I need to look close at something.

"Patients with large pupils are not good candidates for LASIK.

After LASIK, patients with large pupils may suffer permanent, debilitating visual aberrations (starbursts, halos, multiples images) and loss of contrast sensitivity (inability to see fine detail) at night.

Generally, the greater the mismatch between the laser optical zone or effective optical zone and the maximum dark-adapted pupil diameter, the more severe the night vision disturbances.

The LASIK industry and LASIK surgeons have been engaged in a cover-up of the importance of pupil size since LASIK

was first introduced in order to maximize the pool of potential candidates and to protect LASIK surgeons from lawsuits.

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/largepupils.htm

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/PRK-complications.htm

Proceed with caution...

Spent the money for goggles that I'm already wearing for my regular riding shaded goggles, these ones just except scripts. Goggles were like 40 bucks, but scripts were 250. then transition ( self darkening ) lenses, anti fog, exterior lens reflective coating. Life time warranty though, so worth the close to 400 bucks. I really needed to put the goggles on and wear them for a while to make sure they fit, my nose was broke at one point so the bridge is not only big but kinda angled and some stuff I tried the frame hits the bridge of my nose.

These ELIMDM.jpgMad dog eliminators