Indian Motorcycle Community

Bike Rental Recomendations For Ride On Pacific Coast Highway

We're thinking of taking a ride along the west coast, up the Pacific Coast Highway. I'm on the east coast, so renting bikes is the only realistic option. Has anyone done this? Is Eagle Rider my only option?

The Los Angeles Eagle Riders is right near the airport and they are now Indian Motorcycle of Los Angeles. They rent Indians as well as HDs.

A few places to visit while on the PCH. Others will probably add to this list.

1. In Big Sur CA - Nepenthe restaurant and the Phoenix hippy shop.
  2. Bodega Bay CA - "The Tides" restaurant, from the 1963 movie The Birds.
  3. Be sure to take "The Avenue of the Giants" (north of Garberville CA on US-101).
  4. Eureka CA - the Lost Coast Brewery
  5. Gold Beach OR - the Port Hole Cafe
  6. Yachats OR - the Blue Whale restaurant - get the blueberry pie.
  • Like 1

The southern Oregon coast is amazing. And if you've not experienced Redwood trees before - the Avenue of the Giants is a must.

• Like 1

The southern Oregon coast is amazing. And if you've not experienced Redwood trees before - the Avenue of the Giants is a must.

I've done that route in a car a few times, never on a bike. May, or may not, have enough time to make it all the way to Oregon, but would love to get up to Portland, since I have a sister there. I have family all up the west coast. A sister and lots of friends in L.A., mom and brother in San Louis obispo, lots friends in silicon valley (an uncle in Marin county, but he is in prison), and a sister in Portland.

• Like 1

I've done that route in a car a few times, never on a bike. May, or may not, have enough time to make it all the way to Oregon, but would love to get up to Portland, since I have a sister there. I have family all up the west coast. A sister and lots of friends in L.A., mom and brother in San Louis obispo, lots friends in silicon valley (an uncle in Marin county, but he is in prison), and a sister in Portland.

Reminds me of an old saying... People always say they are killing time doing this or that.. but the truth is that time is killing you.

Personally my heaven would be to just pull up my roots and be permanently on the road. Take my time and ride every road, sleep in cheap motels, and eat in local diners.

• Like 1

Reminds me of an old saying... People always say they are killing time doing this or that.. but the truth is that time is killing you.

Personally my heaven would be to just pull up my roots and be permanently on the road. Take my time and ride every road, sleep in cheap motels, and eat in local diners.

Time is different when you are renting bikes and paying by the day, though. I'll be riding with someone who won't want to do 8 hour riding days. Who won't want to ride in Portland's rain.

Time is different when you are renting bikes and paying by the day, though. I'll be riding with someone who won't want to do 8 hour riding days. Who won't want to ride in Portland's rain.

Bummer.

Might need a car for that. Or a boat.

Is it ever not raining in Portland?

Hell, it's my understanding that it's rained every day for the last three weeks in San Francisco. All of NoCal is getting hit this winter/spring.

• Like 1

Hell, it's my understanding that it's rained every day for the last three weeks in San Francisco. All of NoCal is getting hit this winter/spring.

Yeah and they're still in drought conditions. My son-in-law is replacing their lawn with some kind of new fake grass.

• Like 1

The gov passed out subsidies to pay people to do that. If el nino lasted three years, that ma pull us out of drought conditions.

The El Nino was supposed to give us (here in Colorado) a hard winter too. So far though it's been average, and no big deal.

Have you looked into the price is shipping your bike? It might be comparable

Thought about it, and briefly checked into it. The websites say it takes 15 days to ship a bike. That's 15 days there and 15 days back for a total of 30 days of my bikes being on a truck.

I have a Cheiftan from Eagle rider when I went around lake michigan last year. They were good peeps and for $100.00 a day, you can't beat it.

I liked the Cheiftan so much, I bought a roadmaster....this spring I am riding from Chicago to southern cali and riding up the pacific coast highway and back home. Taking my time.

Looking forward to it

I have a Cheiftan from Eagle rider when I went around lake michigan last year. They were good peeps and for $100.00 a day, you can't beat it.

I liked the Cheiftan so much, I bought a roadmaster....this spring I am riding from Chicago to southern cali and riding up the pacific coast highway and back home. Taking my time.

Looking forward to it

So, what's the real price if the advertised price is $100/day? How much extra fees and taxes and whatnot do they add on? I'll be renting two bikes, so at $100+ a day it can add up fast.

So, what's the real price if the advertised price is $100/day? How much extra fees and taxes and whatnot do they add on? I'll be renting two bikes, so at $100+ a day it can add up fast.

For 3 days, all in, including my AAA discount was $311.75...unlimited milleage and I didn't have to clean the bike