Indian Motorcycle Community

The Dead Men ,,,,,

Men, it's time we got tested.

,,,, Don't let the Reaper take you by surprise.

Should I be worried if I'm in my late 60s and male?

Lemmy, Bowie, Rickman, and Frey. Four men - musicians and actors - dead in the space of a few weeks. Three died of cancer, and all were a similar age, but relatively young.

0,,18989383_403,00.jpg

• Like 1

Tested for what? :ooh2:

death

• Like 1

Tested for what? :ooh2:

They starve you for a day, and then stick a camera up your ass to make sure you don't have colon cancer. Get it done and over with.

• Like 1

You missed Dan Haggerty who just died as well. I think he was 72

They starve you for a day, and then stick a camera up your ass to make sure you don't have colon cancer. Get it done and over with.

I have my "alien abduction" scheduled for the second week of February.

• Like 1

Just learned we can add Dale Griffin of Mott the Hoople. Dead quietly in his sleep, no cause listed. He was 68.

• Like 1

I have my "alien abduction" scheduled for the second week of February.

Good man!

My wife's gotta have one Monday. (I get to take her - joy!). Prayers for good results for both of ya's.

Did the colonoscopy thing when I was 50 and just did the 10-year follow up. Found a polyp this time so now it's every five years. The worst part for me is the "cleaning out" the day prior....don't get too far from the commode. :no: But, it's definitely worth the peace of mind. :nod:

If you are over 50 and haven't done it yet, get it scheduled. Although there are thousands of jokes out there (and probably more coming), it's painless and it could save your life.

Edited by dk007

Oh....and don't forget to check out your balls once in a while too......or have your "significant other" do it. Lastly, have your prostate checked if you haven't had that done in a while. I heard a statistic that if all men lived long enough, they'd all die from prostate cancer.

• Like 1

You know - NONE of us are getting out of this mess alive. You can test and test and test - and that fact remains.

If your life is a sentence, death is the period that completes it and gives it meaning.

• Like 5

" if you are living in the past, you are depressed

If you are living in the future, you are anxious

If you are living in the moment , you are at peace"

Enjoy those moments my friends , they go by fast

• Like 5

You know - NONE of us are getting out of this mess alive. You can test and test and test - and that fact remains.

If your life is a sentence, death is the period that completes it and gives it meaning.

,,,, Yea, I will be Killed by Death ,,,, but at least I will be Healthy Dead - LOL !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJB6Yrj17Q

Edited by SwissIndian

Yes colon cancer is a real PAIN IN THE ASS--one of my best friends was taken out by it and I hated to watch him suffer for 5 years

and he had to wear a Bag---The week of my 50th birthday I had a colonoscopy and they found a small tumor--after flaying me like a Tuna I lost 30 inches of upper colon. Doc said I was one Lucky S.O.B. cause tumor was cancerous and in 18 months or so it would have

spread out and Id be a goner--I never would probably have known till it was to late Just like my buddy---so don't FUCK around and go

Get er done. The worst part is the Nasty shit you have to drink to get ready. Besides we all been used to getting it in the ASS one

way or another all our lives any way.

IMO doctors over test these days because it's more about the money than about the patient. Insurance pays for this test, and they know they'll get no argument. It's an insidious thing to do, because we are taught from childhood to trust doctors, but the reality is they are mostly in it for the money, so the more they test you the more money they make. There is no debugging process, they just throw a phone book of tests at you.. and in the end a lot of them are no wiser as to what's wrong with you because they never thought through what they were doing.

To me, all this seems like destructive testing; test until it breaks, then say - see it's a good thing we tested.

When I die, I'll die. I've lived my life as well as I could, so I have no worries or regrets.

Everyone dies.

Not everyone lives.

• Like 2

Oh....and don't forget to check out your balls once in a while too......or have your "significant other" do it. Lastly, have your prostate checked if you haven't had that done in a while. I heard a statistic that if all men lived long enough, they'd all die from prostate cancer.

That's a great idea! I will have my significate other check "the boys" thoroughly. Then to be 100% sure, I will go out for a second opinion.

• Like 3

IMO doctors over test these days because it's more about the money than about the patient. Insurance pays for this test, and they know they'll get no argument. It's an insidious thing to do, because we are taught from childhood to trust doctors, but the reality is they are mostly in it for the money, so the more they test you the more money they make. There is no debugging process, they just throw a phone book of tests at you.. and in the end a lot of them are no wiser as to what's wrong with you because they never thought through what they were doing.

To me, all this seems like destructive testing; test until it breaks, then say - see it's a good thing we tested.

When I die, I'll die. I've lived my life as well as I could, so I have no worries or regrets.

,,,, don't worry - you will die ,,,,,, but if you can prevent you'll ride your Indian bit longer :moped:

• Like 1

That's a great idea! I will have my significate other check "the boys" thoroughly. Then to be 100% sure, I will go out for a second opinion.

,,, only by a female doctor :)

12573197_1664043353849452_44126680146834

,,, only by a female doctor :)

12573197_1664043353849452_44126680146834

My physical for High School football was performed by a female Dr. Not as nice looking as the one in this photo, but ya know I was a teenage boy with an overload of testosterone coursing through my system and, yeah...

My physical for High School football was performed by a female Dr. Not as nice looking as the one in this photo, but ya know I was a teenage boy with an overload of testosterone coursing through my system and, yeah...

Was she impressed ?

Did she give you a reach around?