Indian Motorcycle Community

10 Days And I'm Really Jonesing

Just had the back fused last Wednesday, now the neck and back been done in one year,sitting in the house every day is getting old.

Any fresh riding pics or alterations to the new bikes would help.

At least I could see you guys enjoying the out doors or putzing around with your bikes.

I got stuff I wanna do to the new bike, had knocked the plugs out on the exhaust on the last one, I wanna do that again and gut the cat on this one, maybe do the power controller, but right now just walking hurts enough.

I'm waiting,well actually, what the hell else am I gonna do :Oo:

Sorry to hear, but glad you're on the mend , we're under 7 feet of snow up here , my bike has been in the back under a cover so I'm no help

I suggest whiskey seems to help with just about everything :)

Hang tough each day will be better

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, but glad you're on the mend , we're under 7 feet of snow up here , my bike has been in the back under a cover so I'm no help

I suggest whiskey seems to help with just about everything :)

Hang tough each day will be better

Oddly, just got an offer to go over to a friends later and sample some, guess we shall see how it blends with oxycodone.

• Like 2

I just had a total left hip and so far ahead of rehab the orthopedist didn't schedule me for PT.

I know the difference between hip replacement and back surgery. What level did they fuse and what are there suggestions for rehab?

My personal clinic has better PT than most hospitals. I did laser therapy, IFC, and acoustic wave, and some occasional ultra sound. I also had my assistants do stretching and rom therapy as well.

Good luck and keep moving forward.

I just had a total left hip and so far ahead of rehab the orthopedist didn't schedule me for PT.

I know the difference between hip replacement and back surgery. What level did they fuse and what are there suggestions for rehab?

My personal clinic has better PT than most hospitals. I did laser therapy, IFC, and acoustic wave, and some occasional ultra sound. I also had my assistants do stretching and rom therapy as well.

Good luck and keep moving forward.

Ooo, they had those hip guys in the same ward with us SFVA, lots of moaning and groaning going on. I just had 4-5 fused due to being broken loose and 1/2" forward, the disc under 4 finally was ground to nothing, now I'm a half inch taller.

• Like 1

You had a spondylolesthesis of L4 on L5, and probably a pars defect that was unstable and thus the fusion. You also had marked DJD as well and probably a spinal stenosis due to the spondylo. it just becomes a train wreck of conditions. One crashes and the others follow.

You should be good to go. Just go easy and do your PT.

My hip replacement couldn't have gone better. My only problem was a dumb nurse over taped the bandage and I got a severe tape - skin rip when they took the bandage off. I took no painpills or analgesics of any kind at any time.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you are still mobile. Definitely follow your PT. Got me out of a wheel chair the first time. Take advantage and push all the PT you can handle. I went through spinal surgery a few years back, after sleeping seated for nearly five years, and cannot believe the difference now. Long road but worth the travel.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you are still mobile. Definitely follow your PT. Got me out of a wheel chair the first time. Take advantage and push all the PT you can handle. I went through spinal surgery a few years back, after sleeping seated for nearly five years, and cannot believe the difference now. Long road but worth the travel.

All that and you choose to live in West Hollywood....

• Like 1

You had a spondylolesthesis of L4 on L5, and probably a pars defect that was unstable and thus the fusion. You also had marked DJD as well and probably a spinal stenosis due to the spondylo. it just becomes a train wreck of conditions. One crashes and the others follow.

You should be good to go. Just go easy and do your PT.

My hip replacement couldn't have gone better. My only problem was a dumb nurse over taped the bandage and I got a severe tape - skin rip when they took the bandage off. I took no painpills or analgesics of any kind at any time.

Best of luck.

Wow, your right, my hope is now my legs won't give out or be numb any more, and I won't have debilitating lower back pain 24-7.

All that and you choose to live in West Hollywood....

Only so I'd be able to see you more often.

It's amazing how many fellow travelers have been down that road. Yup I'm walking a ton, but nothing doesn't hurt, walking hurts, sitting hurts laying down hurts, so I found it best to heavily medicate, JK been trying to use as little oxy as possible, no I been mixing it up, staying in one to long is when it really hurts. Funny they went in through my side through a 2 inch hole, then put 4 holes on the sides of my spine to thread the bolts in to hold the rods, no fillet oh fish down the spine.

Y

I dug through the snow for hours so I can at least get to the garage and see my bike.

Yeah, we been getting tons of snow. So it was a good plan to have this done now, as I couldn't ride no matter what anyway. Last year I put a little over 5k on the bike in February, as it was like summer, now, we are socked in pretty good.

I at least would be throwing a couple more coats of liquid glass on the new bike, I'm not letting the paint fail on this one. My hope is that this is the bike I thought the first one was. The keeper. :Rulz[1]:

I've been able to ride these past few days - not today though.. we got a dusting of snow overnight and it's cold enough that it's not melting.

• Like 1

Raining like hell in the North. valley so I washed the dishes while old lady at work. I never wash dishes that's what my girls are for, but the girls started back to CSUC, so I'm planning out a twist gear transplant on my scout. Now if I could just list a house to pay for it.

Maybe ill get some special Desert for doing dishes. :nod::Rulz[1]::Rulz[1]::love:

Edited by indian terry

Raining like hell in the North. valley so I washed the dishes while old lady at work. I never wash dishes that's what my girls are for, but the girls started back to CSUC, so I'm planning out a twist gear transplant on my scout. Now if I could just list a house to pay for it.

Maybe ill get some special Desert for doing dishes. :nod::Rulz[1]::Rulz[1]::love:

,,,,, Sweet Special Desert :)

12654670_1666861570234297_72426640760025

Good chance for riding tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be dry and in the low 50's. After I get home, I think I'm going to try to install my Aermoach floorboard lowering kit.