Indian Motorcycle Community

Old Pic

I don't have very many old photos - long story there - anyway it's sad since I have so few pictures of my parents and where I grew up.

Anyway - when my uncle died my cousin sent me some pictures he had. This morning my wife came across this one in a drawer, so I thought I'd share.

DadsMatchless.jpg

I think this was taken sometime in the mid 50's. My father's Indian was still around but he wasn't riding it much because it was broke down and he couldn't get parts for it. He ended up buying this Matchless as a daily rider - and he maintained that this bike was among the fastest bikes he ever had.

ETA

Just noticed the fence in the background. So this was taken at our house in East Menlo Park, before we moved to La Honda in 1956.

Edited by KenB
  • Like 6

Sweet picture and even better memories.

True.

Sure that's not you Ken b-4 the broken nose ? JK, very cool picture. I need to find some like this from when I was kid getting to ride on the back like a big shot.

Thankfully I do not have my father's ears. :nod:

• Like 1

The old Matchless one lungers were some pretty goood thumpers back in the day too.

Found this post war mom n pop Indian dealer photo from '46 last night

1946.jpg

• Like 1

The old Matchless one lungers were some pretty goood thumpers back in the day too.

Found this post war mom n pop Indian dealer photo from '46 last night

1946.jpg

Such showman back in the day, imagine riding that rig around showing off the bike ? What a blast !

• Like 1