Indian Motorcycle Community

Victory Octane?

Oh Gawd, this is like a buffet for the "it isn't a real Indian" trolls

im wondering if this was the plan for that motor to begin with .the scout was a quick thought to grab a few bucks

Seems to be using the Indian Scout engine....

Thoughts?

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-10-anticipated-motorcycles-of-2016.html/10

Thought we beat this one to death already? :)

They leveraged the Indian Motor , for that Victory. But, 'rumor' has it, it was a motor destined for the Vic initially, then after the '11 buy of Indian , PI redirected it to the Indian model.

Hopefully the Vic' performance parts will eventually work their way over to the Indian Scout side ? ( hell, maybe they will be plug n' play ?)

Edited by RickkciR
  • Like 1

i believe that was the plan for the motor...maybe not in that specific bike but in some future Victory bike...then they used it in Scout as a way to get to market QUICKER and CHEAPER than developing another from scratch.

Bigger question...why is KenB contaminating our forum with Victory poopoo....he knows better than that? LOL Stuff it in OTHER BRANDS before I lose my lunch! ;):Rulz[1]::pirate1::rasp:

Edited by Brock
  • Like 3

[...]

Bigger question...why is KenB contaminating our forum with Victory poopoo....he knows better than that? LOL Stuff it in OTHER BRANDS before I lose my lunch! ;) : :pirate1::rasp:

:rotfl: @ Victory poopoo...

Cross pollination between Victory and Indian doesn't bother me a bit. I think the Vic 106 has some good engineering in it, and I'd like to see it restyled and put into a new Indian model... maybe something to stand against the HD Dyna line. Seems to me that Polaris is handling this in a similar way to GM/Chevy/Buick and Ford/Lincoln/Mercury.. lots of cross pollination there and no one complains. Why not leverage good engineering?

• Like 3

in most of country we are not allowed to cross pollinate in sisters or 1st cousins....guess it is different in Colorado now with all the legal weed. LOL :pirate1:

• Like 2

Sure seems like a cross-bread or in-bread child with altered aesthetics. Gotta admit, I think the scout would look better if they put fins on the jugs like this Vic. It also looks a little crotch rockety, but kinda acceptable, almost like they are attacking boy the sportster and jap markets with one bike. Cool! Did not see anything about power in the article, but there was a "support Hillary's gun control" link below it. Sigh...

And I am with you Ken; I hope the cross-breeding benefits both motorcycles (and takes a big chunk out of the jap market). If I hit the Power Ball tonite I'll buy a few and a couple Scouts and we can all test and compare them.

• Like 2