Indian Motorcycle Community

Camless Engine

Why didn't I think of that ?

This is sooo cool.

Will Ducati go this route?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/01/07/inner-workings-koenigseggs-camless-engine-revealed/?intcmp=hpff

Edited by injun46
  • Like 2

That will be a tall engine seems to add 3 or 4 inches for the actuators.

I wonder if they will ever get the noise levels down and go into production vehicles and off road equipment.

30% increases in power & mpg is always a good thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a video on this, dunno if it was the same folks.

They had a functional test mule, getting ridiculous mpg gains. They were planning to add an air tank, use compression for breaking, and then use the compressed air to start the vehicklle moving. Probably an improvement of 50% in stop and go traffic.

Decades ago I saw a design where they were moving the valves via electronics. I thought it had promise. Pneumatics remove some of the mechanics, but add a lot of complexity.. more shit to go wrong, and the additional height is an issue too.

Decades ago I saw a design where they were moving the valves via electronics. I thought it had promise. Pneumatics remove some of the mechanics, but add a lot of complexity.. more shit to go wrong, and the additional height is an issue too.

I rode bikes with cam-less engines decades ago. Do 2-strokes count as cam-less engines?

• Like 3

I rode bikes with cam-less engines decades ago. Do 2-strokes count as cam-less engines?

I think YES. I've never ridden a 2 stroke bike.