Indian Motorcycle Community

Merry Christmas!!

To all of my friends and Indian brothers, MERRY CHRISTMAS from all of us at the Two Gun Ranch

Be safe and have fun, and my God Bless you all during this special season and throughout 2016

Edited by Airpirate
  • Like 9

Merry Christmas brother to you and yours , and i hope next year goes well for everyone (ps -- santa bring airpirate new jeans with knees ) :rauch08:

• Like 1

Very nicely said ! Wishing all our fellow riders and there families a safe and merry Christmas!

Jeff

Merry Christmas to all our Indian brothers and sistas here,

hoping you all get every thing ya wished for and,

next year is better than the last..

:moped:

Dave

Wishing all my friends I haven't met yet a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas, Hanukah, and a great New Year!

Christmas 1958

In retrospect 1958 was a year for pranks to be pulled on me. I’ve previously written about my experience with a witch riding my father’s Indian motorcycle on Halloween, as it turns out that wasn’t the end of my trials that year.

We lived deep in the coastal Redwood Forest of northern California. Our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. Under the dense, light suffocating canopy of 150-foot-tall trees starlight or moonlight barely penetrate. The darkness of night is nearly absolute, and the only sound to be heard is from the movement of nocturnal forest animals. When camping this is a prime location for the telling of ghost stories. But that’s another saga I’ll write about on another day.

In 1958 I was four years old, and obviously still gullible and naïve enough to believe everything my parents told me. However, at this same age I was beginning to understand the significance of Christmas in terms of new toy booty. So that Christmas Eve I was excited and unwilling to go to sleep; of course I was, Santa Claus was coming to my house and I was going to get some new toys!

While my memories are sketchy on the events of that night, according to my mother I was lying in bed singing Christmas carols and still wide awake at well past midnight. I believe that was the year I received a train set for Christmas, and so my parents were waiting for me to fall asleep so they could set it up without possible interruption. So they waited, hoping that the relentless flow of Christmas music emanating from my room would eventually fade away.

In desperation my parents threatened me, saying that Santa Claus would not visit our house unless I was asleep, and by staying awake I would not get any gifts. That didn’t work. I was then told in no uncertain terms that I would get spanked if I would not go to sleep in 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes came and went, but although the songs ceased I remained awake.

Finally, I heard heavy stomping coming from the roof above my room. Santa had arrived! I heard him walking around on our roof. “Ho-Ho-Ho!”, I heard Santa’s voice coming from right above me! “Ho-Ho-Ho… Go to sleep damn it!”; this started me, Santa was mad, maybe I wasn’t going to get any Christmas presents!

I jumped out of my bed and ran into our living room, where I found my mother sitting on the couch drinking a cup of coffee. “Did you hear that?” I asked?

“What?” she replied. “I didn’t hear anything.”

“Santa’s here!” I exclaimed.

“Well you’re awake, so he’ll probably leave without giving you any presents” she said. “But maybe if you go to sleep as fast as you can, he’ll come back later.”

I paused a minute, digesting this. I looked around the room suspiciously then asked, “Where’s Dad?”

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by KenB
  • Like 3

great memories on the younger life ken, heres hoping everybody in the 52 states have a very merry Christmas and an even better new year from the land down under.

• Like 1

I wish it was Christmas today

Merry Christmas to all of you, may God keep you safe in the coming year and reveal some of his wonders to you during your travels on your Indian!!!!

• Like 1

I wanted to wish all Indian Motorcycles friends Merry Christmas from Italy.

I hope one day to ride with some of you on your marvelous streets and country !

I also wish many nice things for all of you in 2016.

Hugs

M i l o

• Like 1

I wanted to wish all Indian Motorcycles friends Merry Christmas from Italy.

I hope one day to ride with some of you on your marvelous streets and country !

I also wish many nice things for all of you in 2016.

Hugs

M i l o

Buon Natale a voi e la vostra