Indian Motorcycle Community

Vasquez Cyn Rd

Google this road in Santa Clarita, This is one of the roads I take to get to Bouquet Cyn. Rd and some really nice canyon riding, I would havbin on this tomorrow morning if not for this... Plan "B" Lake Hughes Rd :nod:

Damn!

http://abc7.com/news/road-buckles-lifts-6-feet-after-santa-clarita-landslide/1092779/

"unstable soil"?? Caused by what? The rain you guys have gotten?

I don't know how much rain they have gotten up there, we have had minimal where I live

I don't know how much rain they have gotten up there, we have had minimal where I live

It's snowing here again.

So if it isn't rain, then what happened?

Edited by KenB

It was 88deg here at 14:00, it's 75 now, it's 16 in the Black Hills, feels like 2, tomorrow it will get up to a blistering 33 & a heat wave sets in and it will get up to 45 :grin:

Edited by hasbin

A section of Highway 23 between Ozark and Eureka Springs known as the Pig Trail washed out last spring. Closed for several months. One of Richard and Steve's favorite runs. You may have done it with them. It didn't buckle up like Vasquez, Just slid down the mountain. Road wadn't there anymore.

A section of Highway 23 between Ozark and Eureka Springs known as the Pig Trail washed out last spring. Closed for several months. One of Richard and Steve's favorite runs. You may have done it with them. It didn't buckle up like Vasquez, Just slid down the mountain. Road wadn't there anymore.

Yup, we done it 2-3 times, I thought you were on at least one of them rides?

Yup, we done it 2-3 times, I thought you were on at least one of them rides?

Probably wuz.

Run it a few times in the S'shot lately.

Don't work well.

Keep catching alla the touristas, sight seeing, dog-assing along.

Quite the ride when there ain't nobody in front of ya.

Would love to do the coast hiway out there sometime..................

Probably wuz.

Run it a few times in the S'shot lately.

Don't work well.

Keep catching alla the touristas, sight seeing, dog-assing along.

Quite the ride when there ain't nobody in front of ya.

Would love to do the coast hiway out there sometime..................

That would be sweet, we are going up the Cyn. in a few minutes, going by Vasquez to see it in person, the wind is blowing @ 70mph. gusts. in the open, I just hafta make it to the canyon :moped:

That would be sweet, we are going up the Cyn. in a few minutes, going by Vasquez to see it in person, the wind is blowing @ 70mph. gusts. in the open, I just hafta make it to the canyon :moped:

Saw empty semi trailers and rigs get blown over out there up on Cajon pass back in the eightys when it blowing like that.

Because I am tired of living too close to neighbors for too long... I might be a snowbird for a few months out of the year :nod:

Almost seventy degrees today. Clear skies.

Can y'all s'plain why you like to live with that miserable white shit every six months?

All the family is here....although sometimes that's more reason to leave.... :grin:

-8 with a dust of snow this morning , don't hear anything , only see deer eating my pumpkins

Tough weather keeps away a lot of the shit

• Like 1

-8 with a dust of snow this morning , don't hear anything , only see deer eating my pumpkins

Tough weather keeps away a lot of the shit

Good point....
  • Like 1

Best Thanksgiving ever here. It was just the wife and I - no annoying relatives.

The low last night was 7 F - the high today was about 10 F maybe. To be precise, it's "Holy Motherfucker God Damnit" cold.

Roadways are black ice covered with snow. Nasty stuff.

Best Thanksgiving ever here. It was just the wife and I - no annoying relatives.

The low last night was 7 F - the high today was about 10 F maybe. To be precise, it's "Holy Motherfucker God Damnit" cold.

Roadways are black ice covered with snow. Nasty stuff.

Perfect, I can't wait for it, couple jugs of homemade likker, fireplace burnin, bearskin rug & 4-5 Rottweilers running around the house with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground... DAMN it don't get better than that :grin:

• Like 2