Indian Motorcycle Community

My Take On Indian Vs Harley

im in panama city and both demo trucks are here, indian and down the street is harley ,i went in with a open mind and rode every bike both had except the scout and sportster .first was all the indians ,wow was i impressed ,chieftain would be my choice ,but the most fun was the darkhorse with ape hangers , heat issue yep yall were right hot as hell , motor noises yep but every one was different from quiet to damn its loud .that troubles me ,i want one tho !! now to harley ,small ,uncomfortable ,shitty shaking transmission ,the name pulls the wool over peoples eyes not impressed at all , hands down the indian is the best bike no doubt .thats my opinion and riding both all day .(glassguy)

• Like 5

HD makes a decent bike... and you have to admit that technology that dates from the 40's is well tested. HD outsources any engineering that requires heavy lifting - like engine design, but their in house crew seem fairly good with applying bandaids to an existing design - a notable exception to this is the shower-head engines.

Anyway, HD serves a particular market segment, and there are die-hard HD riders that bleed orange that will never consider another bike.. and that's fine because there's no one motorcycle that is perfect for everyone.

I don't know what the future holds in the HD vs Indian market struggle. I hope Indian continues to do well, and I really don't wish anything bad for HD or their riders.

• Like 3

when were you there last ? it opened during the may rally ,and grand opening was 2 weeks ago its on back beach road not far from the H.D. store .the guy also owns the georgia dealership .

oh ok ,the victory trailer was there at that time ,but i didnt care to even ride

oh ok ,the victory trailer was there at that time ,but i didnt care to even ride

Big mistake, they are a pretty good scoot, they have a different power-band & are powerful, fun to ride. There were 2 @ Littlerock that looked good, NOT my cup at this point in my life, but I can see why some like them.

Edited by hasbin
  • Like 2

Big mistake, they are a pretty good scoot, they have a different bower-band & are powerful, fun to ride. There were 2 @ Littlerock that looked good, NOT my cup at this point in my life, but I can see why some like them.

I recall you saying the jetson thing was growing on you at the three rivers ride. Are you looking ?

Hasbin are you considering the dark side ? may the force be with you . maybe you had a VISION? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I recall you saying the jetson thing was growing on you at the three rivers ride. Are you looking ?

Are you HIGH again???

Hasbin are you considering the dark side ? may the force be with you . maybe you had a VISION? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Let me remove all doubt, NO I won't be getting a Vic. but some are a decent scoot, I won't be getting a Walmart any time soon either... My next scoot will be a Ural 2WD for the snowy roads of the hills :nod:

• Like 2

Let me remove all doubt, NO I won't be getting a Vic. but some are a decent scoot, I won't be getting a Walmart any time soon either... My next scoot will be a Ural 2WD for the snowy roads of the hills :nod:

cool ,i looked at them a few weeks ago ,just thought you had a apple pie I.V going .