Indian Motorcycle Community

Wall Clock Project

Got a call the other day that Polaris didn't ask from my rim back from the dealer after it was replaced because of the safety recall. This will soon be a clacl from garage wall.

21752137050_a058a99978_b.jpg

• Like 2

Trip post a pic i think it will be to cool !!

Cool idea! May I recommend the valve stem be set in the 6 or 12 o'clock position.

• Like 1

hell nobody will notice huge bolts going thru the walls to the outside :rauch08:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well so much for the wall clock, dealer called today. Dealer was under the impression that if Polaris did ask for the rim back in 90 days it was mine. Turns out is was 120 days and yesterday was day 116 and Polaris wants it back. They explained that they had cut a hole in the rim so it couldn't be reused but Polaris said the manufacture of the rim wants is back or the cost is $1700 (for the dealer). Dealer was up front about the situation and that they would appreciate it back but couldn't force me to return it or bill me for it seeing how it was their mistake. So back to the dealer it goes, they were honest about the situation and its the right thing to do. Plus I need to good karma for my 3 month cancer check up in a few weeks.

Yep...typical

!$1,700$! for a hunk of scrap metal the vendor needs to destroy before it kills someone.

Polaris demands $15 bux for a lousy $2 bandana as well as 40bux for a paper thin $5 tshirt.