Indian Motorcycle Community

Add On Tire Pressure Monitor

Does anyone have any experience with any of the several TPMS available for motorcycles?

Such as FOBO BIke? It is about $100 and works with a smartphone.

I use TMPS with our 32 foot travel trailer and a large livestock trailer but that system is designed to work on 18 wheelers. It gives lots of piece of mind because trailer tires go down or blow and sometimes with a big trailer you never notice.

I think I'd like a TMPS on the Chief Vintage to warn me of tire going down or slow leak.

ANYBODY ???

Edited by twobit

Some bikes come with it. Mine doesn't. Probably cheap insurance though.

Here's a setup I found on Ebay that uses the valve stems instead of having to remove the tires: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-Chief-Dark-Horse-Motorcycle-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-TPMS-/121321168363

Bump. Does anybody use tire pressure monitors?

WWS356 uses TPMS on his SL...pretty snazzy

Never had TPMS on any of my bikes - but we have them on our trucks.. and they've been nothing but trouble. But YMMV

• Like 2

Never had TPMS on any of my bikes - but we have them on our trucks.. and they've been nothing but trouble. But YMMV

The ones on my wife's car hasbin a PIA

The sensors on my truck all failed consecutively right before the four year mark. They use a very small watch type battery inside them which cannot be changed out. Tire shop told me that GM, Ford and Dodge all use a similar type which don't last long. Seems the Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas use a better brand. Had a six year old Honda that I never changed the sensors on. Coincidence? Perhaps.

The sensors were about $65/per on the Chevy truck.

YMMV

Heated seats, heated grips, G.P.S., fuel gauge, stereo, full fairing, trunk, saddle bags, tire pressure monitor, cell phone charger, ABS brakes.... at what point does it no longer become a motorcycle?

We are all different, I know.

• Like 2

Or you could just get a tire gauge...

• Like 3