Indian Motorcycle Community

New Imrg - Santa Clarita

Dude didn't wash a bike......buy a beer............nutin.......just gave us spam....

0674FD38-0BA1-43D1-853D-26067E0A77FA_zps

• Like 1

Dude, that's not spam. Most reasonable people would consider it an invitation. If you're not interested, no need to say anything at all, let alone pop off in that way.

It's been my experience that the IMRG is a lot like HOG. If you're into that sort of group, go for it and have fun.

Sounds like you've spent some time with at least one IMRG before. Can you elaborate?

BTW, a Vintage and a Dark Hourse; nice.

Yup 2014 Vintage and a 2010 Dark Horse (the original Dark Horse, not an imitation!). Very different bikes to ride. Love them both.

I was pressed into the President position at the local IMRG when it started up. I took the position because while we all complain about newbies who don't know the history or culture of the brand, few ever do anything about it. So we got it started last winter; during the heavy snow season here in Colorado, but we started having meetings. We planned some rides and I gave some presentations on Indian History and how to plan for a long motorcycle trip. Things were going fairly well.

It was a long ride up to the dealer for me - 40+ miles one way, but I made the ride as necessary. Soon though I was informed by the dealer GM that I needed to take a more pro-dealer POV. Heck - I thought I was doing just that, but I did tell the truth when it came to my experiences with their service department. Apparently the truth was not acceptable, so I smiled and bit my tongue and continued on.

It bothers me to NOT tell the truth though because personal integrity is important to me. After thinking about the situation for a couple of months I resigned as President and let someone else take over. I'm still technically a member, but haven't gone to a meeting since.

The Iron Indian Riders Association is a much better fit for me. It's a group that is NOT associated with the company or dealership, so the truth is never varnished over. There are also a lot of members that know a lot about Indian History. I also like the culture of the group; it's more of a family friendly atmosphere, it's just an easier and more comfortable experience for me.

That's me though. Your mileage may vary. The Iron Indians are not a huge group; we have a lot of members but were scattered about. So a smaller group may not be what most people want - which is fine with me.

Dude, that's not spam. Most reasonable people would consider it an invitation. If you're not interested, no need to say anything at all, let alone pop off in that way.

Poppin off is house rules.....

I did offer an invitation to buy me a beer....seemed reasonable ....

• Like 3

Yup 2014 Vintage and a 2010 Dark Horse (the original Dark Horse, not an imitation!). Very different bikes to ride. Love them both.

I was pressed into the President position at the local IMRG when it started up. I took the position because while we all complain about newbies who don't know the history or culture of the brand, few ever do anything about it. So we got it started last winter; during the heavy snow season here in Colorado, but we started having meetings. We planned some rides and I gave some presentations on Indian History and how to plan for a long motorcycle trip. Things were going fairly well.

It was a long ride up to the dealer for me - 40+ miles one way, but I made the ride as necessary. Soon though I was informed by the dealer GM that I needed to take a more pro-dealer POV. Heck - I thought I was doing just that, but I did tell the truth when it came to my experiences with their service department. Apparently the truth was not acceptable, so I smiled and bit my tongue and continued on.

It bothers me to NOT tell the truth though because personal integrity is important to me. After thinking about the situation for a couple of months I resigned as President and let someone else take over. I'm still technically a member, but haven't gone to a meeting since.

The Iron Indian Riders Association is a much better fit for me. It's a group that is NOT associated with the company or dealership, so the truth is never varnished over. There are also a lot of members that know a lot about Indian History. I also like the culture of the group; it's more of a family friendly atmosphere, it's just an easier and more comfortable experience for me.

That's me though. Your mileage may vary. The Iron Indians are not a huge group; we have a lot of members but were scattered about. So a smaller group may not be what most people want - which is fine with me.

thats an interesting perspective and, frankly, one I hadn't considered. Frankly, I'm the one who approached Mamba because I'd really like to ride with others once in a while, and I haven't even seen any other Indians in my area. So I just thought that was a way to get a group started and round guys up. I have no more interest in towing a company line than you do.... I think about more I guess, and look into the Iron Indian Riders, too. Thanks for the input.

thats an interesting perspective and, frankly, one I hadn't considered. Frankly, I'm the one who approached Mamba because I'd really like to ride with others once in a while, and I haven't even seen any other Indians in my area. So I just thought that was a way to get a group started and round guys up. I have no more interest in towing a company line than you do.... I think about more I guess, and look into the Iron Indian Riders, too. Thanks for the input.

Welcome

Well there are a few of us local, I grew up in Bouquet Cyn & Placerita Cyn and Now live in Simi Valley, I ride your area at least twice a month (The Rock Inn has great food) the other two weeks we ride Santa Barbara / San Luis Counties. I ride with Indian riders when they are available, I do a lot of riding with just my wife on the back of the Chief, I ride with H-D's when they are available, It don't matter to me.... I have every weekend booked until I get back from the Jack Daniels Run in Tenn. November 1st. if you want to meet after that shoot me a PM.

Yes I am IIRA, and I don't give a shit if you are IIRA, IRG, IIRG, IRA, HA, or have any other affiliation, if you like (want) to ride & have a good time I'm in. just be ready to ride.

P.S. We do like to phuk with the "newbies" around here, an extra layer of epidermis is needed at times, Many of us know each other personally and have shared the road so some good nature'd banter is always a post away.

Poppin off is house rules.....

I did offer an invitation to buy me a beer....seemed reasonable ....

. It does seem reasonable. Didn't mean to over react. I don't know where you are (to me, "west of Highway 1" means Hawaii!) But if and when we meet, your beer is on me.
  • Like 2

. It does seem reasonable. Didn't mean to over react. I don't know where you are (to me, "west of Highway 1" means Hawaii!) But if and when we meet, your beer is on me.

He's about 4-5hrs North of you, but I have NO problem drinking his beer & telling him how good it was :nod:

• Like 1

Welcome

Well there are a few of us local, I grew up in Bouquet Cyn & Placerita Cyn and Now live in Simi Valley, I ride your area at least twice a month (The Rock Inn has great food) the other two weeks we ride Santa Barbara / San Luis Counties. I ride with Indian riders when they are available, I do a lot of riding with just my wife on the back of the Chief, I ride with H-D's when they are available, It don't matter to me.... I have every weekend booked until I get back from the Jack Daniels Run in Tenn. November 1st. if you want to meet after that shoot me a PM.

Yes I am IIRA, and I don't give a shit if you are IIRA, IRG, IIRG, IRA, HA, or have any other affiliation, if you like (want) to ride & have a good time I'm in. just be ready to ride.

P.S. We do like to phuk with the "newbies" around here, an extra layer of epidermis is needed at times, Many of us know each other personally and have shared the road so some good nature'd banter is always a post away.

Warning! He's also ugly.

He's about 4-5hrs North of you, but I have NO problem drinking his beer & telling him how good it was :nod:

post, as I know neither of you, and as the offer was extended to Harley (I like to shorten names, thereby defeating the apparent purpose of the name) it seems only prudent to require a written assignment before I can give you his beer. Otherwise, I might find myself in the position of having assumed too much, and then Harley will show up to claim his and I'll have no defense. In the spirit of goodwill, though, I will forego the usual requirement of a notary seal on the signature of Harley's assignment.

On the other hand, if you're local to me and interested in meeting up some time, I've got another one with your name on it.

Just looking for opportunities to ride and have an occasional beer, guys. I appreciate your openness to the possibility. (But that doesn't mean I'm letting anybody drink my apple pie).

. Wow, I see he also has good friends here on the forum!

We ain't friends. We're brothers.

No im in La Crescenta - the foothills above Pasadena/Glendale. Don't know about the cafe...

Kool We used to call it "rock city" you need dynamite to excavate anything up there...

True. Abd its fun coming around a blind corner on Angeles Crest or Tujunga Canyon to find a bunch of loose hillside gravel in the road in front of you (as happened to me this morning).