Indian Motorcycle Community

Polaris Plans To Assemble Indian Motorcycles In India.

Polaris Plans To Assemble Indian Motorcycles in India.

You all know that India is a key emerging market for motorcycle brands. Indian Motorcycle is planning to set up an assembly plant by 2018. “We are looking at a time horizon of about three to five years to set up an assembling plant in India,” Pankaj Dubey, Marketing Director of Polaris India said after opening its 4th dealership in Hyderabad after Delhi NCR, Bengaluru and Chennai. The manufacturer plans to open 8 more across India by the end of 2016. Currently, Indian sells six different models in India. - See more at: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/#sthash.UqXZP13q.dpuf

bet the exhaust smells like stinky underarms and incense ,on those models :Oo:

• Like 7

All you have to do is look at the current build quality of the Indian-made Royal Enfields to see the problem with this plan.

• Like 3

you mean the small oil leaks like everywhere ?

Yup. Bike arriving at dealerships dry because they bled out on the way over here. I'm not even sure Harley's leak that much anymore.

• Like 1

What would we call them, we have the Springfield's, the Limey's, the Garlick's, the KM's & the Walmart's... I got it, the Hindu's :nod:

Edited by hasbin
  • Like 3

For Harley to get approval to sell their brand in India the bikes had to be assembled in India to help create jobs. Parts are shipped then assembled in India for domestic sale only. Not for export.

I'd bet Polaris had to agree to the same conditions as Harley if they wanted to tap that market.

Edited by Vintage229
  • Like 3

India builds stuff. Check this list:

Ford, Hyundai, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, BMW, Hindustan Motors, Daimler, Caparo, Mini and Datsun. Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, General Motors, Tata Motors, Mercedes Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar Cars, Fiat, and Force Motors. Suzuki, Peugeot-Citroen, Hindustan Motors, Honda, and Toyota...

Oh, and Harley Davidson...

FYI, Tata owns both Jaguar and Land Rover.

How about tractors? The world’s largest tractor manufacture is Mahindra even outselling John Deere.

If I could tell stories, you guys have no clue as to how close it was that Indian was owned by Indians… That is a story for another day..

• Like 7

reckon there are enough dot heads left over there to build them ? i thought they all were here owning every gas station and every motel .And every hotel -motel i stay at while on jobs their last name is Patel WTF?

• Like 2

This is the most retarded fear mo geeing post I've read in a while. Grow up. Welcome to a work economy. It's far easier to ship components and build in a more local place than ship a completed project.

ESL??

I agree, it's cheaper to ship parts over there for assemply rather than the whole completed motorcycle. As long as they don't turn around and ship them (the completed product) back to us and then sell them here>>>>>>>>>>>>>Double shipping charges anyone????

• Like 2

As soon as Polaris starts closing the Indian assembly plant in the US, that will be the time to be worried.

As soon as Polaris starts closing the Indian assembly plant in the US, that will be the time to be worried.

this is the truth

Hopefully Donald Trump gets elected and pressures companies to keep factories here in the USA to create jobs for Americans and America becomes a manufacturing leader like it once was again.

I don't give a shit about any other countries economy or unemployment rate, fuckem, let their own government take care of their own problems and lets stop sending money to all these shit hole countries.

:grin:

• Like 10

As long as they keep what they assemble over there, it's fine by me. I want mine to be made and assembled in the good old USA.. Exporting parts that way is also good for American business.. Sales like are are very welcomed.

• Like 1

Hopefully Donald Trump gets elected and pressures companies to keep factories here in the USA to create jobs for Americans and America becomes a manufacturing leader like it once was again.

I don't give a shit about any other countries economy or unemployment rate, fuckem, let their own government take care of their own problems and lets stop sending money to all these shit hole countries.

Uh, perfectly said. However, it comes down to least expensive options for manufacturers. I hate seeing the majority of the products we Americans use being made in other countries. Sure, its a "global" economy. The problem is its a way lopsided deal for we Americans.

Harris

:grin:

• Like 1

All I can say is YCCCCCCCCCCCK--How can they justify this, iconic American motorcyle outsourced simply for money. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. But what can you expect from a huge company were the bottom line is all they think about as a goal :no:

Makes no sense to me that I finally started to feel pride again in an American product. All the hype and build up that was out there before the unveiling of the bikes and how I felt when I bought mine, just got deflated...... kinda makes me feel like getting punched in the gut.

I guess it makes the shareholders feel warm and fuzzy tho. I agree with the rest of you all............ keep them over there and don't bring them back here !

The reason Harley and Indian are forced to manufacture in India is so that they can sell to Indian citizens. The tariffs in India on bringing a fully assembled bike into India make it impossible for an Indian citizen to purchase one of those bikes because the tariff cost is passed on to the consumer in the price of the bike. This is something the US should be doing to keep jobs and manufacturing in America, IMHO.

This is not anything to worry about over here. Polaris will still make Indians for Americans here in America. This is good for Polaris and their ability to expand Indian motorcycle sales into another country.

• Like 3