Indian Motorcycle Community

Texas Governor Asks Citizens To Support Law Enforcement

TO ALL TEXANS

The funeral for the Harris County Texas Deputy that was murdered in cold blood will begin at 11am Friday Sept. 4. For those of you that don't know the details, the Deputy was at a public gas station pumping gas into his patrol vehicle. A man he had never met walked up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. He then proceeded to shoot him 14 or 15 more times as he lay on the ground (just because he was wearing a uniform).

The Governor of Texas has asked all Texans to wear blue tomorrow and to activated their vehicle lights and hazard flashers for one minute as a show of support for law enforcement exactly at 11:00 am.

He has ordered all Texas law enforcement vehicles to activate their emergency lights for one minute exactly at 11am.

Please don't post up tacky remarks /replies....either turn your lights on tomorrow or don't .... but don't post up negative crap on this thread about it. ....and by the way I have been a Texas Law Enforcement Officer for over 30 years and I'm not in a good mood about this.

I have not been a member of this forum very long, but I have ridden motorcycles since the 1980's. I know there are a lot of good riders and that lots of members of this forum are good people. God Bless.

Edited by twobit
  • Like 5

From Utah, a moment of silence at 11am Texas time, God Speed Deputy

Support to all law enforcement and payers to the family of Deputy Goforth from NY

Yes sir will do. Thanks for being a Texas Law Enforcement Officer.

prayers from Alabama for the officer ,his family ,and for all officers for their safety .

I want to thank everyone for the kind support. I saw a lot of citizen support in our town today as law officers and many citizens gathered at our county courthouse at 11 am to honor the fallen Deputy. Houston is 300 miles east of here but that did not matter. Every department in the county and over 15 border patrol vehicles took part in a short procession, let by a border patrol helicopter flying at about 300 ' altitude down Main Street. In small town Texas it doesn't matter what department you are with, you all stand together. We had about fifty vehicles including my patrol unit all moving slowly with lights on. It's hard to drive with tears, but I have attended too many law enforcement funerals and memorials in my long career to not get choked up. Let's hope the madness in this country will end. God bless.

• Like 3

I fear it's just getting started

Be safe

• Like 3

I just read that 11,000 Officers from coast to coast attended the funeral in Houston today. It was at one of Houston's largest churches but even that only could hold 7000 inside.

• Like 1

These dumb ass's or breeding each other. You never know what pulls up beside you. I am watching all the time. I know there are not enough officers to go around but I still think there should be two in a car. But then that officer by his self just stops to get gas and that idiot walks up to him and shoots 15 times. Somebody around there should of had a gun and taken him out or get in your car/truck and run the sob over. Do something. I think about a officer all the time when he pulls somebody over. And now it's not safe for them to do anything. What in the hell has happened to the USA.

• Like 1