Indian Motorcycle Community

America is fighting world war iii right now.

Like it or not, America is fighting World War III right now.  Make no mistake; the enemy is neither terror nor terrorism.  It is militant Islam.  A logical mind and a quick study of this timeline will bring you to the same conclusions.  

Nov 1979 - Attack on US Embassy in Tehran. Military Islamic students take 44 US hostages.

1980-82 - Various incidents of kidnapping and murder of Americans through Middle Eastern nations; particularly Bharain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait.  

April 1983 - Vehicle loaded with high explosive driven into US Embassy compound in Beirut, Lebanon.  Detonation kills 63.

October 1983 - Truck loaded with 2,500 pounds of TNT (gas enhanced) smashes into Marine Barracks in Beirut.  241 killed; three times that many wounded.

September 1984 - Another truck bomb at the new American embassy in Beirut.  11 more killed.

April 1985 - Bomb detonated in bar frequented by US soldiers and sailors in Madrid, Spain.  4 killed, many wounded.

August 1985 - VW loaded with explosives driven into main gate of Rhein-Main Air Force Base in Germany.  22 killed.

October 1985 - Cruise ship Achille Lauro hijacked at sea.  American Jew Leon Klinghoffer is selected from the hostages because of his religion and executed while in his wheelchair.

April 1986 - TWA Flight 840 bombed.  4 killed.

May 1988 - PanAm Flight 103 destroyed by a bomb in mid-air over Lockerbie, Scotland.  259

killed.

January 1993 - Two CIA Agents shot and killed by Islamic militant sniper outside CIA headquarters at Langley, VA.

February 1993 - Truck bomb detonated in parking garage of World Trade Center in NYC.  Six killed; more than 1,000 wounded.

November 1995 - Car bomb detonates at US MIlitary Complex in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  Seven killed.

June 1996 - Barracks Complex at Khobar Towers in Dhahran, Saudi Arbia bombed and destroyed.  19 killed; 500 wounded.

1999-2000 - Coordinated attacks on embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.  224 killed.

October 2000 - USS Cole attacked and damaged by suicide boat-bomb attack while on port visit in Aden, Yemen.  17 American sailors killed.

September 2001 - Attacks by hijacked commercial airliners on twin towers of World Trade Center and the Pentagon.  More than 3,000 Americans killed.

Your right and what these radicals are to stupid to understand or conceive is that with recent events involving children etc... That the rest of the world will soon realize is that this is a world problem and that with other nations pulling together that this could be a repeat of something that happened in WWII with the exception pf NATO and everyone will ELIMINATE the new world problem... Sorry if this doesnt make some sort of sence just heard something about an explosion at LAX airport, trying to find out something.

Last Resort and Jay;

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

I totally agree-just hated to sound too radical.

I really believe that you are both saying is right. We have been at war for 10 years, and just wouldn't face up to it until recently.

What REALLY scares me is the cost and comittment we are facing. I believe the next 10 years will see us doing things in the name of survival that would have been unimaginable to us 15 or 20 years ago.

I got to tell you though-Islam isn't the evil religion we percieve it to be. At its' core are the same values we hold.

From what I have seen-it is radicals-spreading hate and private agendas to uneducated poor people and using their religion to cloak themselves.

We all answer to the same God--how would you like to be one of the WTC suicide bombers standing before God-telling him that is was done in his name?

Or one of the Chechniyan Rebels who killed 300+ children and innocent people - looking for glory when they stand in front of him for his judgement?

I'm thinking He's gonna be pissed!!

I'm not that religious-but I do believe He's there, and judges what we do and how we live.

Using  the power of his name the way they are isn't going to make him happy!

Well said and yes my view was alittle extreme but as these types of incidents take place they are doing their own religion the most harm and the way other nations preceive them as a whole. Personally I think we need to leave the radicals to themselves and Isolate them and either their own kind will take care of them or they will be totally isolated from the rest of the world, we need to spend our money on our boarders to protect the inside of our borders. My biggest worry is this country would not last 2 weeks if OPEC was to shut us or another country down. Now thats not Freedom, We should insist our government lay out a 10 year plan to get away from fossil fuels all together and let the Arabs have it , I promise you take their monthly income away they will take care of the radical problem and our hands will be clean and we can be an Industrial leader again.

Why don't we just take over Iraq - Make it a territory like P. Rico?

All the oil we need - F'em if anyone doesn't like it.

Thanks, Danny

Hummm I say we get rid of fossil fuels.... we dont need any more sand.... remember we have Arizona and Nevada!

I suppose you are proposing to the new Indian the idea of an electric motorcycle for 2005? It's all about octane!

nope not electric at all, theirs synthetic fuels right now just to expensive to produce on small scale, With modifications to the motor but sti;; basically the same motor.

Point being if OPEC was to shut the big nations down there wouldnt be any put put anyway

nope not electric at all, theirs synthetic fuels right now just to expensive to produce on small scale, With modifications to the motor but sti;; basically the same motor.

Point being if OPEC was to shut the big nations down there wouldnt be any put put anyway

I still say nuke the sandjig towel-headed f 'cks ( kept it lite as not to offend anyone with racist comments) and take the oil!

:banghead:

I still say nuke the sandjig towel-headed f 'cks ( kept it lite as not to offend anyone with racist comments) and take the oil!

:banghead:

You're just such an esteem enhancing putz, aren't you? :rotfl:

It may well be WWIII, but not where you're looking.

The balance of economic power is shifting away from the US and no amount of military might is going to change it.  We're already seeing the effects right now.

The cost of raw steel to build my FXR-based frame has gone from ~$700 to ~$1200 in less than 18 months.  The cost of aluminium is climbing rapidly (ask FC), as is copper, cement and every other resourse utilized in major industrialization.  It's all going to China and their new semi-open society.  With 1 billion people they have a larger affluent middle class (after years of having nothing to spend it on, they're VERY affluent) than the entire population of North America - it's only a matter of time before China is weilding the clout the US has enjoyed as a result of it's widespread prosperity.

All this while the entire world is focused on radical Islamic terrorists.  Once the collective mind realizes what's transpired it'll be far too late to change it.  China has nukes, a huge standing military, international intelligence, massive pride and patriotism and the coming finances to conduct itself internationally however it sees fit.  

There's a war all right, but it's already lost.  America's position as the #1 world economy is not only falling behind due to politics (export every possible imaginable job leaving the wealth in the hands of an even smaller group while the rest flip burgers at McDonalds, spend billions upon billions of dollars fighting terrorists financed with relatively nothing) but once China has established themselves as the new economy to reckon with, they'd be foolish to not try to push the US economy further down, thus leaving themselves as the sole world Superpower (worked on the Soviets).

Just my outside, unAmerican perspective.

This from a country that has two main export to America, wooden clothes pins and nurses.

Yep, but he sounds pretty much on the mark to me. We must realize that we exited the industrial age many years ago. We are now into the information era/age, and we need to adjust ourselves accordingly. We are not the industrial giant we used to be. Nor do we want or need to be, we are making forward progress, we just have to let the rest of the world progress forward too, each in their own way that completes the giant puzzle. We also have to hope that China does not try to exert its total power on the rest of the world that could possibly cause the human race to take a giant step backward.

This from a country that has two main export to America, wooden clothes pins and nurses.

Also one of the largest suppliers of oil and natural gas, wood (thanks to your numerous tornados and hurricanes) and some of the world's greatest pot...but we won't talk about that. :lookaround2:

Oh yeah - and the last generation of the Camaro/Firechicken F-bodies.

And most importantly -

The Windsor Ballet.

Thanks, Danny

AAAAhhhhh the Windsor Ballet :laughlong:

the true answer, both to terrorism and economy, is to switch to hydrogen.

By taking the $$ out of the Arabs hands, you eliminate the greater funding of terrorism.  You eliminate OPEC's influence on our economy.  there is no reason we cannot switch over to hydrogen, and produce it domestically.

THEN.. the rest of the world will want to follow, to be in turn also free of the Arab oil dependance.  There are a lot of cars out there...  would make us economically prosperous for many years just retrofitting them

ultimately... we could just turn our backs on the middle east and let the zealots settle things between themselves without our inteference.

:wave: It would be nice to eliminate the liberal slant from the news reporting and get the real truth about what's happening.  We have to wade through all the B.S. just because it's served up wrapped in the first amendment.  They should be forced to tell it like it really is, or stop referring to it as "News". :bomb:

Windsor has a ballet?

At about US$ 188 billion, Canada supplied 16.5 per cent of all US imports of goods and services. Canada bought 19 per cent of all American goods and services.

The United States sells almost three times as many goods to Canada, a market of 30 million people, as to Japan, a market of over 125 million. Canada is a larger market for US goods than all 15 members of the European Union combined.

the true answer, both to terrorism and economy, is to switch to hydrogen.

I was working in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) for 2000-2001.  During that time BMW and Mercedes were both in the local press with hydrogen powered prototype cars.  If I'm not mistaken, BMW's car was a 5-series sedan based on their current production but refit to run on hydrogen.  

Here's where it ties into the conversation - Saudi Arabia is already deep into hydrogen production R&D.  In order to make hydrogen you need plenty of water and plenty of power - with their oil resources, they have no shortage of power (not to mention thousands and thousands of square miles of desert in which to set up MASSIVE solar power generation).

By the time domestic manufacturers get around to saleable hydrogen vehicles, the Saudi's will be selling it to us.

By the time domestic manufacturers get around to saleable hydrogen vehicles, the Saudi's will be selling it to us.

way to go.. ya just fucked up my whole day.

Lucky for me it is 2:00 AM and I'm about to go to bed...

:rasp:

Sorry boys, but I have to agree with Canuck here, he is RIGHT on the money with his comments, like it or not.

The Windsor Ballet has many locations throughout the city, Jasons, Million Dollar Club, Cheetahs.....Some of the most amazing ass you will ever see.

"America's back yard" or "US Jr." is as good a trading partner as one could pick.  Yeah we have our squabbles, wood pulp exports, fisheries, and the war in Iraq, but you cant beat the exchange rate............(lap dances for about $3.80 each) :bvictory:

Archived