Indian Motorcycle Community

Forgive Me Father, For I Have Sinned..

Lambo? Porsche? Enzo? F-Type? its okay I understand ...pictures?

Kia Hyundai Hugo fiat?

Now that WOULD be a sin :grin:

• Like 1

Kia Hyundai Hugo fiat?

Nah. Didn't want to buy Japanese either, since they didn't behave themselves in the war.

So I got a Mercedes. :)

Edited by Mikehell
  • Like 1

Really? So the German s behaved better than the Japanese?

I was going to ask that same question, but you beat me to it.

• Like 1

and people think indians are expensive to work on !!! we HAD one lol heil hitler

No shit. I have a co-worker who had a Mercedes SUV and last time I saw her she was driving a Hyundai SUV. I asked why the switch and her response was only related to how much the Mercedes cost to get serviced every time she took it in. She also said that she's just as happy with Hyundai ride and size and it's much cheaper to maintain.

I swore I'd never get a cheapo import either but now I've got a Kia Optima commuter car and it has 105,000 miles on it and going strong.

Really? So the German s behaved better than the Japanese?

My father-in-law was a POW of the Japanese - and according to him, yeah, the Germans behaved better.

• Like 2

Bought another foreign car.

My son, buy two Indians and recite the Changing Your PIN instructions five times . . .

Edited by TallRider

My father-in-law was a POW of the Japanese - and according to him, yeah, the Germans behaved better.

Unless you were a member of the chosen folks = :o

cranky bastard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY-H3vWhzY

Edited by Airpirate

mercedes in vance al is not to far from me ,they build the suvs there ,u think indian has problems ,every shift there are suvs built that are beyond repair ,may be a motor will not run ,body parts will not line up ,no salvaging anything ,to costly they say ,so they spray paint a big orange x on the side send them out back and crush them ,there is a lot full all the time . you never hear much about that tho ,and the value after a few years is in the toilet .

I've had three Mercedes sedans.....a 2003, a 2013 and a 1939 (yes, 1939). I loved all of them. No, they weren't cheap to maintain but it comes with the territory.

the older diesel cars made in germany were tough, i remember the glow plug on the dash , i also remember in the 60s dad raised hell because a bottom radiator hose was a hundred bucks ,might as well been a thousand back then

I am on my forth, only had issues with the first one I bough used and kept ran to 100K. The other three have been without any issue. However now I do not keep them that long so they should be reliable with under 40K on the clock.

Tip, get the maintenance built in when you buy/lease the car, much less than paying at time of service. Learned that on the last one. The other ones I just let my local mechanic do the service, no one complained when I turned the car in.

Ya know what the Porsche and Beemer drivers say about Mercedes dontcha,.....................

Ain't that the company that makes those ugly trucks............................

and people think indians are expensive to work on !!! we HAD one lol heil hitler

I actually looked into that. The newer Benz run 100% synthetic oil with a 10,000/1 year maintenance, which runs an average of about $289, from the 3 dealer service depts. I called. The runner-up to the Benz was an Audi, which was more. Yeah, maintenance on something like a Toyota would be less, at 2 years 25,000 free maintenance, but after that they "recommend" every 3,000 miles.

Compare that to an Polaris Indian, with service every 5,000 that's typically at LEAST $289 (my 5K will be around $500)

Yuppies....

I've had my Nissan Frontier for 11 years, and only have about 70K on the clock. I drive the truck mostly in the winter, so it doesn't get much use... I usually go a month on a tank of gas.

When I decide I need another vehicle... some years down the line.. I'll probably go with a Jeep.

Yeah well, If I am going to be a RUB I may as well do a good job of it.

• Like 1

Yeah well, If I am going to be a RUB I may as well do a good job of it.

Good for you man, I respect that.

Thanks Ken, appreciate it.

A few years ago I was called by a girl to meet her at a beach bar that always has a dozen or so bikes out front. I ran out wearing khakis and brightly colored golf shirt, I dont usually ride like that for practical concerns, but I more concerned with this girl than anything else. I really looked the RUB part. I pull up and there are a bunch of guys clearly in the "bike lifestyle". So an old guy comes up and starts asking me questions about the bike, then "how many miles do I have on it". Then where have you ridden, ever rode in the rain, feeling me out to see if I am a poser or such. When I caught wind of his intent and noticed the guys standing around and smiling waiting for this old guy to call me out as a poser RUB, I hit him with "look, I have owned a bike every day of my life since I was 20, and to answer your question about who fixes it for me, that would be me, So I see where you are going with this so YOU ALL CAN KISS MY RUB ASS! It was pretty funny. So I have owned RUB for a while.

I do howerver make fun of those who know nothing about their bikes and don't even change their oil. So I guess everyone looks down, and is looked down upon by others.

Edited by Blu