Indian Motorcycle Community

My Stepdad Passed Away Today

i dont think my family will ever get a break . got the emergency call today to go to moms and dads ,got there and it was all over ,damn ....... died on the same day test results came back ,lung cancer ,they say he was one hell of a copter pilot ,i was told he could scare Jesus but always get the job done in vietnam . i guess we keep moving forward ,just a bad day ,thanks guys

For you step dad...

" may the road always rise up to meet you

May the best always at your back

May the rain fall soft upon your fields

May the sun always shine warm upon your face

And until we meet again, may the good Lord cradle you in his hands "

Tail winds and blue skies to you

• Like 3

This is sad news for sure, condolences to your family and you in these difficult days..

Prayers for you and yours,

:moped:

Dave

Prayers for you and family.

I think when you go, it's like you just got released from living in a test tube we call life here on earth.

When we leave, a whole new adventure without limits enfolds us in eternity.

Deeply felt realizations are always personal, yet difficult to coherently convey to others.

Thoughts & prayers with you & your family.

It's hard for those of us left behind when there's no warning at all, but I think it's better for the one(s) leaving than to hang on and suffer. My Dad went the first way and my Mum the second. Took me years before I got used to the idea that Dad wasn't around any more, but I was relieved when Mum went because she had suffered way too much.

Hang in there fella - a lot of us know what you're going through.

In our thoughts from NY, condolences to you and your family

i dont think my family will ever get a break . got the emergency call today to go to moms and dads ,got there and it was all over ,damn ....... died on the same day test results came back ,lung cancer ,they say he was one hell of a copter pilot ,i was told he could scare Jesus but always get the job done in vietnam . i guess we keep moving forward ,just a bad day ,thanks guys

You know, that's the thing about shit like this. Bad stuff happens - it happens to every one of us - and at the time it seems that we can't go on. The pain of it just seems too much and we just can't continue, but we do. Time, or life, whatever you want to call it, it just pushes us forward whether we are willing to go or not. Healing also happens, whether we think we can do it or not.

It's like being stuck in the current of a river; we can fight it but we'll never win. The current carries us onward toward our own destiny, and the pain we feel diminishes with every mile we are washed further downstream. Healing happens, whether we work toward it, or even want it or not.

Edited by KenB
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...