Indian Motorcycle Community

Freaking Out The Squares

"Freaking out the squares" was a saying among bikers of my father's generation. All these guys were WW2 or Korea vets. and a lot of them (especially the WW2 vets) would go around wearing swastikas and German helmets. One guy I remember had a really cool German helmet that he had chromed and a swastika on his cut (along with his club patch).

Now I won't go for wearing ISIS shit.. but you know - wearing the Confederate battle flag on my cut might be something I might do... why? because it would freak out the squares.. just like swastikas and German helmets did back in the day.

• Like 2

"Freaking out the squares" was a saying among bikers of my father's generation. All these guys were WW2 or Korea vets. and a lot of them (especially the WW2 vets) would go around wearing swastikas and German helmets. One guy I remember had a really cool German helmet that he had chromed and a swastika on his cut (along with his club patch).

Now I won't go for wearing ISIS shit.. but you know - wearing the Confederate battle flag on my cut might be something I might do... why? because it would freak out the squares.. just like swastikas and German helmets did back in the day.

I too am old enough to remember that stuff.

• Like 1

Shout BamaLama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXBtpeMVM0

Otis Redding & the Pinetoppers on 1961 Confederate record label recording...Macon, Ga

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99