Indian Motorcycle Community

Sturgis 2015 Photo

I think they need to focus on what they have out there instead of trying to keep up with HD.

• Like 1

I think they need to focus on what they have out there instead of trying to keep up with HD.

i agree ,for the price of a few of those fancy signs they should have threw the money at a better paint booth

• Like 4

Ken - Hard to say if any new models. This year they are setting up in the Dakota Mart parking lot so the set up looks smaller than last year. I haven't heard any buzz about new models.

On a side note I've seen quite a few SL Chiefs and even one new Scout downtown.

Ken - Hard to say if any new models. This year they are setting up in the Dakota Mart parking lot so the set up looks smaller than last year. I haven't heard any buzz about new models.

On a side note I've seen quite a few SL Chiefs and even one new Scout downtown.

That's where they were in 13 and had "public" reveal at Motorcycle Museum. They needed more room last year for the "private", invite only, reveal of the Scout and Wall of Death display/ride with the Scout. I got in representing the Iron Indian Riders and by name dropping Last Resort and Harleynot.

So, long and short is, no new model this year, but more colors/options for what's out there. I'll be there next Friday and will get pics and hopefully some inside info that I'll get to Hnut for posting.

• Like 1

I'd like to pick up another Indian - but other than my Vintage, they don't make anything that I'd want... so I was kinda hoping they'd offer something new.

• Like 1

I heard they will be a touring version of the scout that they will show at Sturgis. Dealer meetings are this week so we should know more in a few days.

That's certainly possible and would be interesting.

I'd like to pick up another Indian - but other than my Vintage, they don't make anything that I'd want... so I was kinda hoping they'd offer something new.

You've got me scratching my head.... why not just buy PII stock , if you want to send $ their way ? :)

May be stupid.....but my first thoughts were INDIAN IS OLDER THAN 75 YEARS OLD!!!! Then realized it was to Sturgis Rally. Maybe they should say that somewhere...Happy Birthday Black Hills Motorcycle Rally or something for those that may think from the picture that dont ride an Indian that it is only 75 years old!!!!!!

Where is that picture I saw here of the white Chieftain? I liked that. Guy at a dealer told me they expect a Springfield (midsized) bike and new colors. Also, the website might be updated with the 16's on Tuesday the 28th. Probably old news .

Joe

May be stupid.....but my first thoughts were INDIAN IS OLDER THAN 75 YEARS OLD!!!! Then realized it was to Sturgis Rally. Maybe they should say that somewhere...Happy Birthday Black Hills Motorcycle Rally or something for those that may think from the picture that dont ride an Indian that it is only 75 years old!!!!!!

Let's see, 1901 to 1953 is 52 years. Not including the illegal/off brand Indians from Clymer and Zanghi in the 1970's.....1999 to 2004 is the Gilroy five years. The King's Mountain production years were from 2009-2013, another four years. Polaris is 2014 to 2015, another two years (three if you count the 2016 Dark Horses). That makes Indian 63 years old (or 64 if you count the Dark Horse). So technically, Sturgis is 75 years old, Harley is 112 years old and Indian is 64.

you dont take away birthdays when someone is in a coma.....and just because Indian was not making motorcycles...the brand was alive in other areas for most of that time.

1901 is the born on date....Indian has been around since then.

• Like 2

I got an email stating something was to be announced today at 6:40pm CST

Likely shipping dates for the people that ordered a Scout when first released and still not received them! LOL

• Like 1

Webpage is back up. Kind of anti-climatic. I would have thought for the Sturgis 75th Anniversary they would have something more than new colors. Bet the folks at hd are breathing a sigh of relief and now looking for a way to make a statement on this 75th. The crowds are going to be huge.

Joe

maybe i could buy one unpainted and let harley paint it that nice amber whiskey color

I had been waiting and hoping that the new model year may bring some better color choices :smileypuking: After having seen these for 2016--me thinks NOT!!!