Indian Motorcycle Community

Flat Tire 20 Miles South Of Sacramento

might be worth to put some tire gel in those things with all the flats. do you know if a nail or screw or something......or what?

Have a drink with harleynot

• Like 2

Call Steve and leave a nasty bitchy message if he don't answer

888-449-4249

• Like 1

Call Steve and leave a nasty bitchy message if he don't answer

888-449-4249

Just be bitchy even if he answers.

Al

• Like 3

Better yet , make him your bitch

• Like 2

LOL. I'm at Arlen Ness. Tow truck bent my front fender. They are going to be done the fender back so.i can get home. Will also inspect the tire.

KenB and I are in contact......................shit-heads...me%20bowling%20shirt%20birdie_zpsdxca2qr

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 5

KenB and I are shit-heads.........................me%20bowling%20shirt%20birdie_zpsdxca2qrin contact

If you say so.....

Towtruck use too tall wheelchock?

Didja remember to whine?

Getting the Road-Ready-Ness advantage?

If anyone it'd be Hardleynot, only maybe hold off on the drinkin' till later this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBdaYKqMUs

It may be awhile before I get my bike back... and not because of the fender.. They don't have an innertube for my bike.. and apparently they are back ordered - due to ship sometime in August. And I'm not kidding... that's what they're telling me.

It may be awhile before I get my bike back... and not because of the fender.. They don't have an innertube for my bike.. and apparently they are back ordered - due to ship sometime in August. And I'm not kidding... that's what they're telling me.

C'mon... Harley uses the same size tires... take a run over there and see if they got one for ya.... that shit is ridiculous...

• Like 1

C'mon... Harley uses the same size tires... take a run over there and see if they got one for ya.... that shit is ridiculous...

Yup. Everyone is closed now. I'm staying at my daughter's house tonight.

• Like 1

Ken

I'm hold up in the great north woods at the family estate , if you're in a bad way let me know I'll check with my buddy in park city if he has one we can FedEx it out to you

Got a phone call from the dealer - they say that my bike is done... I hope that means ready to ride.. knowing the way my luck has been lately, I can never be certain.

Can you guys see this?

https://www.facebook.com/ken.barrett1/posts/10153468695134153

The innertube + rubber seal melted.. and there are marks on the inside of the tire where it melted too. I have no idea what could have caused this problem.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your luck. Was it the rear tire again? What were the temps where you were riding? Extended high speeds? This all seems a little strange.....

• Like 1

max temp has been around 105. Generally going at the speed limit when I ride - ~75 mph max,

I don't understand how that could have happened... unless maybe the tube went flat but the new tire was stiff enough to hold up.. so the tube wound up around itself and bounced around inside the tire, and the friction raised the temp... far fetched... but that's all I can think of.

max temp has been around 105. Generally going at the speed limit when I ride - ~75 mph max,

I don't understand how that could have happened... unless maybe the tube went flat but the new tire was stiff enough to hold up.. so the tube wound up around itself and bounced around inside the tire, and the friction raised the temp... far fetched... but that's all I can think of.

A mechanic at an Indian dealer once tried to tell me that they had run flat tires. Maybe is was kinds of right?

Runflats really are not much different than regular other than having extremely stiff sidewalls. My truck tires are fairly thick and stiff as well and can go down to around 5# pressure before I notice any real deformity...might not stay on rim if going fast or in offroad area but have done some significant rock crawling with 14# of pressure and no issues. So I am guessing with todays technology on the better tires there is a certain amount of stiffness built into the sidewalls automatically as a safety issue...to keep the tire from going completely flat especially at highway speeds. Last couple I had the only thing I felt while riding was a little more cushion...never noticed until I slowed for a turn and felt a little wobble in back.

I am guessing the tube and tire were moving independently as KenB surmised and caused the friction melting between the two.

Sucks about tow truck...if flat bed they are used to HD where they push front tire up against back of truck to tie it down....I always made damn sure they had at least a 4x4 in front of tire and were very careful loading my PP100 up the dozen or so times she needed a tow! ;)

• Like 1

Got a phone call from the dealer - they say that my bike is done... I hope that means ready to ride.. knowing the way my luck has been lately, I can never be certain.

Can you guys see this?

https://www.facebook.com/ken.barrett1/posts/10153468695134153

The innertube + rubber seal melted.. and there are marks on the inside of the tire where it melted too. I have no idea what could have caused this problem.

IMG_4890_zps9802dd76.jpg

• Like 1