Indian Motorcycle Community

Iron Indian Reunion In The Rockies - June / 2016

I'm currently in Durango looking at a site for an Iron Indian Rally for next year. I think I've found a really nice place - the Iron Horse Inn just to the north of Durango on US-550 (the million dollar highway). This place is reasonably priced, the rooms are all two level suites with one bed downstairs and another upstairs. The rooms have fire places, a fridge and a microwave. There's an outdoor area with picnic tables and barbeques, and a laundry and game room. Breakfast is included every morning.

The Iron Horse Inn is not walking distance to downtown Durango - you'll have to ride a few miles to get there. But downtown has lots of stores and restaurants. If we want to eat here at the Inn we will have to get delivery.

Here's a link to a photobucket album of pictures of my room and around the place.

http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/barrettken/library/Indian/II-RR

You'll need to book before March of next year to be sure to get a room.

I'll be talking with other IIRA members in the near future to nail down the dates of the event. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

What time of year? It's about 800 miles from me. If we can time it right...

• Like 1

What time of year? It's about 800 miles from me. If we can time it right...

June is the best weather month here. How does that work?

• Like 1

June is the best weather month here. How does that work?

Hmmmmm. June 13 works well for me. That way everyone can buy me birthday drinks.

My show finishes the end of May and starts again in July. The only other thing I have is a little race in Indy at the end of May. 100th running is this coming year so we'll be there for that.

• Like 4

Hmmmmm. June 13 works well for me. That way everyone can buy me birthday drinks.

My show finishes the end of May and starts again in July. The only other thing I have is a little race in Indy at the end of May. 100th running is this coming year so we'll be there for that.

Well then YOU have no excuse. I hoping for a good crowd. Million dollar highway, Mesa Verde, Pagosa Springs - some good riding around here, but I'm looking forward to being with the people more so.

• Like 1

Well then YOU have no excuse. I hoping for a good crowd. Million dollar highway, Mesa Verde, Pagosa Springs - some good riding around here, but I'm looking forward to being with the people more so.

I top off at fair, at best. Good crowd is pushing it. You may need Hasbin there to clear good.

Definitely keep me in on the details. Only been to Colorado once to pick up a bike. Hasbin can fill you in on those details...

• Like 1

Well I've got some time to win you guys over. Hopefully we can make it happen.

• Like 3

I'm in if everyone can stand my boyish charm and impish grin

• Like 5

Better be after the wifes B-day on the third and My sons memory on the 4th. Otherwise I'm in, Course then June 11th will be our 25th wedding anniversary, so don't really know to be honest, maybe late June then ?

• Like 1

I'm in if everyone can stand my boyish charm and impish grin

I might be able to get 10-20 cases of PBR delivered.... That should be a good start

• Like 7

Need input - HOW LONG (# DAYS) SHOULD THIS EVENT BE?

Personally I'm thinking 4 days Friday through Monday. 2nd or 3rd weekend in June?

• Like 1

especially since it will take three days or so for someone to ride there from east coast and then back again. My aunt lives in Durango....I know I will have to go by and spend a day or two with her as well. This is going to be a 12-14 day trip by motorcycle... hahahaha

• Like 1

especially since it will take three days or so for someone to ride there from east coast and then back again. My aunt lives in Durango....I know I will have to go by and spend a day or two with her as well. This is going to be a 12-14 day trip by motorcycle... hahahaha

You say this as if it were a bad thing.

damn i wish some of this stuff was light years closer .

You say this as if it were a bad thing.

only bad for me since I only get 10 days of vacation per year... :(

Ride faster.

Ride faster.

and break the speed limit and void my warranty????? :)

• Like 1

rooms are nice, how is the outside? do they have like a fire pit or swing sets? stuff like that. So we can hang out.

edit...I just saw the rest of the pics. Looks good outside. didn't see a pit though

Edited by CT_SPIRIT

I have not had 10 days of vacation in 10 years....😜🎉

• Like 1

rooms are nice, how is the outside? do they have like a fire pit or swing sets? stuff like that. So we can hang out.

edit...I just saw the rest of the pics. Looks good outside. didn't see a pit though

No fire pit unfortunately. Picnic tables are in a very sunny area - not much shade, which is a concern. This isn't Indian Point - so don't expect it to be the same. I wish they had a gazebo - but they don't have one. I think the sun will be an issue.

There is a sandy area that they are preparing to set up as a playground for kids.

There is a sandy area that they are preparing to set up as a playground for Hasbin.

That's nice.

• Like 3