Indian Motorcycle Community

I'm heading out to Cali again tomorrow and so I'm packing up. I have to admit to a certain amount of trepidation on this trip though.. as I've had bad fortune stalk me on my last 2 road trips this year. I'll be riding through Durango then on to Rachel NV (Area 51) then on into California. The return trip will be through Yellowstone and the Black Hills.

Let's hope I have all that bad luck out of my system now.

Area 51 :ooh2: well we seen you later somewhere.

And here I thought you were posting about CPLs, lol. If you like AC/DC they have a song "Good Riddance to Bad Luck." Listen to it :)

I got family in the Hills, so call me if you wind up needing any help out that way and I'll see if we can assist. And if you happen to go to the Storm Mountain area the Chapel there is dedicated to my grandpa. The cross and candle holders there used to sit on grandma's piano, and were fashioned from the cross of a church grandpa served that burned down.

Sendin' one up for ya, Godspeed. And don't forget to post pics when you get back.

• Like 1

Better watch it Area 51 & Anal probes !! :grin::grin:

That may be why he's headed through that Area.. :alien::eyebrow:

Have a safe trip,

don't forget the Astroglide & Trojans, :lookaround:

:moped:

Dave

• Like 1

rough crowd...

• Like 1

Ken have a safe trip ,im hoping everything goes smooth this time , Ride safe and enjoy (GG)

• Like 1

And above all don't forget the Depends. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Drink lots of water (based substances), take lots of breaks, enjoy the ride! Sounds like a good time to me.

• Like 1

Landed in Montrose CO - rode over Monarch Pass (11,000 + ft) and through the Black Canyon today. Great ride. I forgot the damned camera memory card reader though. I'll see if I can find one in the next few days and upload pictures then.

The bike ran flawlessly, even at 11K ft.

I'll ride the Million Dollar Highway over to Durango tomorrow.

The guy that was supposed to ride with me had to bail out at the last moment, so I'm solo - but as I hate democracy on long rides, that's ok with me.

• Like 3

Cool. Sounds like a great ride. Durango (and Silverton) are great places! When I took a semester of renewable energy classes down in Farmington, New Mexico back in 2006, my wife and I took a ride up to Durango, then on to Silverton. When we got to Durango, my wife said, "Now this is the kind of town that I'd like to live in!" Just happened to land there on the day of their Fall Festival. What amazed me is the change in landscape and climate in the 30 miles between Farmington/Flora Vista (which is where we parked our 5th wheel for the 3 months we were there) and the Colorado border! What an eye-opener that was! Pink desert, scrubby pinion trees and nearly no green except for the valleys of the 3 rivers which pass through Farmington, compared to greenery, Aspens and mountains in CO. I always thought the hills of Missouri disappearing across the Mississippi River to the flat lands of Illinois were something, but I'd never seen that drastic of a change like I saw in the 4 Corners of NM. On the other hand, I don't get out much. :grin:

• Like 1

Did you get up to Ouray? The highway gets a lot more interesting north of Silverton.

IMG_2507_zpsre91nwik.jpg

Edited by KenB

Landed in Montrose CO - rode over Monarch Pass (11,000 + ft) and through the Black Canyon today. Great ride. I forgot the damned camera memory card reader though. I'll see if I can find one in the next few days and upload pictures then.

The bike ran flawlessly, even at 11K ft.

I'll ride the Million Dollar Highway over to Durango tomorrow.

The guy that was supposed to ride with me had to bail out at the last moment, so I'm solo - but as I hate democracy on long rides, that's ok with me.

Bad tooth or some such I hear.

• Like 1

Bad tooth or some such I hear.

That's what I hear as well

• Like 1

Here's how packing goes at my place... put the wife's stuff in the bags... put the rest of her stuff on the luggage rack... find some places to put my shorts, shirts and socks... then we go....

• Like 1

Bad tooth? We got a dentist on here now. He fix you up.