Indian Motorcycle Community

sos_hannah_davis_05_134_ff__1__112801983

I'll be in aisle 7 if anyone is looking me
  • Like 1

:love: :love: hell they want even let me in the store.

Happy 4th back at you all! It would have been my Mom's 85th birthday Saturday (Happy Birthday, Linda Lou Butcher!), and mine follows on the 6th, with my wife's coming in on the 9th. I remember the days of my youth when Mom would pack us 5 kids up in the car, drive 40 miles north to DeSoto, MO (her home town)and the big 'July birthdays party' (my big sister's is on the 16th) would begin. Then there was the big 4th of July parade down main street, and then the fireworks display at the "fairgrounds" aka, high school football field. Supposedly the 'biggest 4th of July celebration in the US' at one time, though I seriously doubt it. Mom died at 49 years in 1979 of lung cancer, but I still think back about how that day meant birthday presents, my grandma's banana-walnut-whipped cream cake and ice cream, parades, fireworks and plums off of Nana's (mom's mom)tree in the back yard of the house my mom was raised in. The same house I would call home in my teen years after I broke my asshole of a step dad's jaw when I was 13 after he insulted my mom once too often. Tonight, Verla and I are flying out to Seattle to see our 'middle' daughter for a week, at her invitation, and even though it won't be like being home, and there won't be a visit to the cemetery to see Mom (Dad is buried in his hometown in east Illinois), I'll still think of the 'old days' when the 4th meant a 30 minute 'trip up the road' and all the excitement that it brought. Also, I'll never forget my grandfather always reminding us before we ate and celebrated, exactly what we were celebrating, and how fortunate we all were to be Americans, and the meaning of the flag. Something I tried to pass on to our 3 kids each year, too. The older I get, which will turn to 57 on the 6th, the more I appreciate what we have. Hope all of you have a great Independence day tomorrow! Be safe, be smart and be thankful for what you have! Lee 'Butch' Butcher

• Like 5

I'll be in aisle 7 if anyone is looking me

Like you had to tell us where to find you..... :no:

Happy 4th all !

Happy fourth of July

it's a good one

just is not dry..

:Cheers[1]:

Here's to ya'll today,

:moped:

Dave

Happy 4th. And lets get aisle 7 cleaned up fore somebody a slip and bust da ass.

I'll be stuck to the floor in aisle 7 if anyone is looking me

Now "that's" a surprise... NOT :no:

0.jpg

She slapping the shit out if cousin basil , LOL!!!