Indian Motorcycle Community

Quick And Easy Question

Needed the year it started for my article about my trip back to IRIP this year.

Is it correct to refer to IRIP as a rally that was started by the IIRA?

ETA: First four paragraphs of the article:

Weather concerns were an issue throughout the month of May as the winter season seemed unwilling to loosen her grip on us. At my home in Colorado Springs the rain fall totals for that month were the highest ever recorded; rain and sometimes hail occurred daily; the gloom and damp were relentless.

Directly to the east, the states of Kansas and Oklahoma were experiencing floods, thunderstorms, and tornados. With all the bad weather, I was starting to think my ride out to the Indian Rally at Indian Point (IRIP) would have to be cancelled.

Just the thought of not attending this Indian motorcycle rally started by the Iron Indian Riders Association (IIRA) in 2004 filled me with regret. IRIP is a special event, unique among motorcycle rallies because of its low key family friendly atmosphere. No one dresses like pirates and tries to come across as a tough guy, nor do the women wrestle in coleslaw and flash their boobs, instead the atmosphere is more like a meeting of friends; old companions, acquaintances, and soon to be friends we have not met yet.

The event itself is small, with most people staying within a short walk, or at most a short ride to their accommodations. This week-long rally is held in May at Indian Point, in the Ozark Mountains near Branson MO, an area renowned for excellent motorcycle riding.

Edited by KenB

I just gave you a very small portion of the page after page archived here and on the members site. Those wanting to change the historical aspect of how, who and why will have a hard time disputing the facts man...,,

Had Last Resort's neighbor, Iron Indian Rider Mike "Lumpy" Wilson (RIP) chose to go hunting somewhere else instead of on Indian Point.....none of this thing we call IRIP, would of ever come about.....

For those who care.... Take a few minutes to read threw the links.....

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 1

Needed the year it started for my article about my trip back to IRIP this year.

Is it correct to refer to IRIP as a rally that was started by the IIRA?

ETA: First four paragraphs of the article:

Weather concerns were an issue throughout the month of May as the winter season seemed unwilling to loosen her grip on us. At my home in Colorado Springs the rain fall totals for that month were the highest ever recorded; rain and sometimes hail occurred daily; the gloom and damp were relentless.

Directly to the east, the states of Kansas and Oklahoma were experiencing floods, thunderstorms, and tornados. With all the bad weather, I was starting to think my ride out to the Indian Rally at Indian Point (IRIP) would have to be cancelled.

Just the thought of not attending this Indian motorcycle rally started by the Iron Indian Riders Association (IIRA) in 2004 filled me with regret. IRIP is a special event, unique among motorcycle rallies because of its low key family friendly atmosphere. No one dresses like pirates and tries to come across as a tough guy, nor do the women wrestle in coleslaw and flash their boobs, instead the atmosphere is more like a meeting of friends; old companions, acquaintances, and soon to be friends we have not met yet.

The event itself is small, with most people staying within a short walk, or at most a short ride to their accommodations. This week-long rally is held in May at Indian Point, in the Ozark Mountains near Branson MO, an area renowned for excellent motorcycle riding.

Damn you're good.....

Save a little for Smoke Signals !

Yep, too bad a few people chose to fuck it up for a bunch of us !

Like Hasbin just said in another thread..,,,

Whenever somebody says "it's Not About The Money"

It's ALWAYS about the money...

Family, Friendships and Brotherhood be damned ....

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 1

Yep, too bad a few people chose to fuck it up for a bunch of us !

Like Hasbin just said in another thread..,,,

Whenever somebody says "it's Not About The Money"

It's ALWAYS about the money...

Family, Friendships and Brotherhood be damned ....

For the businesses that support a rally, it definitely is about the money. Greed was probably the undoing of HF with IRIP... the rally will probably still go on, and maybe it will remain popular but the crowd will change as the IOA and IMRG numbers grow.. this could be good, or it could be bad... could be meat, could be cake.

The Colorado rally next year will probably be really informal. No band, no karaoke, just - here's the rally dates, here's the main hotel we will be at, make your own reservations, and we'll ride during the day and hang out together at night. The only ones making any money will be the hotel and the restaurants.

So for the people who attend, it can still be about family, friendship, and brotherhood.

Edited by KenB
  • Like 4

For the businesses that support a rally, it definitely is about the money. Greed was probably the undoing of HF with IRIP... the rally will probably still go on, and maybe it will remain popular but the crowd will change as the IOA and IMRG numbers grow.. this could be good, or it could be bad... could be meat, could be cake.

The Colorado rally next year will probably be really informal. No band, no karaoke, just - here's the rally dates, here's the main hotel we will be at, make your own reservations, and we'll ride during the day and hang out together at night. The only ones making any money will be the hotel and the restaurants.

So for the people who attend, it can still be about family, friendship, and brotherhood.

The Colorado rally next year is what the Blue Ridge Ride is every year..... no one makes or asks for any money except the hotels, restaurants or bars.... we ride a lot... we party a lot... they are a damn good time... and you don't have to be a member of anything to ride with us... but if you're an ass.. you're asked to leave... we've only done it once....

we have people come from quite a long distance to be there every year... we lost a great friend that I met at IRIP 2.. Paul Rathfon... Paul and Betty never missed a ride after we met until his death... came every year from Michigan... Steve and Dot come every year from Florida... it ain't about the money... it's about the friendships.... it's a shame IRIP has changed...

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

So much for a the quick and easy question

Was 2004 in the first response not quick enough?

• Like 1

Artwork from the first rally

954677_834507189927769_60268135719836298

And in 2005

10734246_834515056593649_540239829753712

Stop being so transparent ...

5CBC37EA-B731-4217-A59C-EC55BB5A8DB3_zps

Edited by harleynot

001.jpg

I believe Cowboy and Iron Mule had the t-shirts made up.

And the people who were at the first rally in Branson also know where they registered and got their shirts.

Sign in ; across the street from the resort in the
campground, Ironmule's camper. Big
Eagle & Flag on the side. T-shirts, patches
for sale. sign in book,ride maps.local maps.
purchase saturday breakfast tickets, pick up
free door prize(s) tickets.

Was 2004 in the first response not quick enough?

It was the 16 after that....

Seriously though, listening to people reminiscing is pretty cool. Funny the things that stay with us...

A6C27C44-11EA-4D21-9046-7FA7614B2538.png

• Like 1