Indian Motorcycle Community

You're just a grouchy ole fuk, Rog.

Ya shoulda thanked him for the compliment and then proceeded to give him 'bout a 30 minute enlightenment of the history of Indian from the Gilroy days of the S&S to the new 111.

• Like 4

I'm to the point if someone says that to me, my response will be " are you fucking with me, or just stupid?"

Edited by RickkciR
  • Like 4

I always like how people said, Nice Harley," when I was on my Victory Touring Cruiser. Got pulled over in Sturgis in '09, blew a 0.223 (legally dead?), and got a courtesy warning ticket. Type of vehicle; Harley. The cop was holding my registration!!

When ignorance is bliss, 'tis a folly to be wise...

• Like 1

Anybody that can't tell the new Indian motor from an S&S doesn't deserve an explanation.

• Like 1

I am like you Rick...I dont give them a pass...I try to belittle them and make them realize they should not regurgitate shit they are told at the HOG meetings.

• Like 2

I am like you Rick...I dont give them a pass...I try to belittle them and make them realize they should not regurgitate shit they are told at the HOG meetings.

I usually ask if their house looks identical too their neighbors' too--while staring at their black Harley bagger.

• Like 1

The S&S Chiefs are the best looking & are

L E G E N D A R Y

Deal with it! :nod::grin:

indian__chief_1999_1_lgw.jpg

indian-chief-1999.gif

001.jpg

002.jpg

hope i didn't offend :rauch08:

• Like 6

Not bad.....but the air cleaner's on the wrong side..... :grin:

It's for southpaws.

• Like 1

I was asked by another hotel guest (SL Chief rider) up at Americade what kind of Indian I was riding when he saw my branded tee shirt. I said Gilroy and he said whats that? so I showed him my bike and he was like I gotta get back to Mars now...take care.

• Like 3

L E G E N D A R Y

indian-chief-1999.gif

001.jpg

002.jpg

not me doc im all in !!! :nod:

I usually ask if their house looks identical too their neighbors' too--while staring at their black Harley bagger.

Is anyone out there old enough (like me) to remember hearing this on the radio when we were kids?

https://youtu.be/gMmqkCOJVV8

L E G E N D A R Y

indian-chief-1999.gif

001.jpg

002.jpg

true dat !

I like Charlie's line: "Nice black Harley. I saw you at Sturgis. Wait ... you weren't at Sturgis .....

• Like 1

Is anyone out there old enough (like me) to remember hearing this on the radio when we were kids?

https://youtu.be/gMmqkCOJVV8

I don't remember that one, but I sometimes think of this while I'm riding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1_jAaPLA3FY

• Like 2

Wow! April Wine! :buttrock:

I thought I was the only person left who ever heard of them.....

• Like 3

Probably if you did a survey of the riders on the 14-15-16 Indians, you would find that they haven't a clue of anything else but that thing that makes them part of the cool crowd. Last week it was wearing sandals without socks!! :grin:

Hd had, and still has that group of people who say that's mine, and ask what was before this they go blank!!! I am surprised that it has happened to Indian so quickly. Had some one at IRIP ask me where the Starbucks was at WTF... Bif & Buffy are enjoying thier new toy

• Like 1

Unless I have time to waste, I usually tell them to google Indian motorcycle history & walk away shaking my head, there are too many now to waste valuable riding time to school all of them...

• Like 1

Probably if you did a survey of the riders on the 14-15-16 Indians, you would find that they haven't a clue of anything else but that thing that makes them part of the cool crowd. Last week it was wearing sandals without socks!! :grin:

Hd had, and still has that group of people who say that's mine, and ask what was before this they go blank!!! I am surprised that it has happened to Indian so quickly. Had some one at IRIP ask me where the Starbucks was at WTF... Bif & Buffy are enjoying thier new toy

Peets or It's a Grind is much better.

Unless I have time to waste, I usually tell them to google Indian motorcycle history & walk away shaking my head, there are too many now to waste valuable riding time to school all of them...

I agree - but for me it becomes more of an issue when an Indian sales guy says stupid shit like "KM's are the ones with the S&S motor"... I just have to correct in that case, then tell him that he needs to learn more about the product he's supposed to be selling.

• Like 1

Jaycox never passed a Starbucks....

On his Gilroy....

There will be some that bought for cool .... Just like Gilroys and KMs.... You can still find them collecting dust in some guys garage.... It comes with selling cool bikes....

I agree - but for me it becomes more of an issue when an Indian sales guy says stupid shit like "KM's are the ones with the S&S motor"... I just have to correct in that case, then tell him that he needs to learn more about the product he's supposed to be selling.

I might be a little "HARSH" with a salesman, on second thought, I might be a little more than HARSH... :grin:

• Like 1