Indian Motorcycle Community

I Have Tuff Decision. Maybe You Guys Can Help.

I have made the decision to purchase a new Indian Chief Classic. I have wanted a Chief since 2008 but I was scared to pull the trigger because I was unsure about what was going to happen with the company and the economy. Fast Forward to the present. I have done a lot of research, and have read enough positive information to feel comfortable with making such a large purchase. I feel like the engineers at Polaris have developed an awsome machine, and are pushing the Indian brand in the right direction!

I live in NC - pretty close to Greensboro - I know that Mark's dealership over in Charlotte has a great reputation, and I would not mind driving an hour to buy a bike knowing that I would get great service. On the other hand Greensboro has a dealership in my back yard. I went over last Saturday and checked out the bikes. Everyone I spoke to seemed to know what was going on. ( I didn't let on how much I really know about the new bikes just to try and feel them out). Im struggling with knowing how much they really know and how good the service after the sale will be.

What would you guys do? Has anyone dealt with the guys in Greensboro? It sure would be nice to have a reliable dealer close.

Thanks for any input!

I bought A2013 from Bob at Greensboro without any issues, Since I live in Jersey it is serviced at north Jersey Indian without any issues

finance or direct purchase

if direct, then gdt their best price on a credit card purchase.

then negotiate down 4% and pay cash. the credit card would cost them 4% so it is break even for them.

don't forget your 1K$ military discount, if applicable.

• Like 1

Greensboro was willing to negotate on price for a new bike and had a good inventory, seemed like good folks but I found a even better deal in Pa. and ended up not buying from them. Charlotte was not helpfull on the phone when I wanted info.

If you dont buy from Charlotte, you are making a big mistake in my opinion. I dont know the Greensboro dealership, but I do know Charlotte, and they are worth the drive and whatever else it takes to buy from them.

I would get the best offer from Greensboro, then taks the drive down to Charlotte and talk to them face to face, then make a decision, that said Mark is "MY" local dealership & he's about 3,000 miles away :nod:

A tough decision is choosing between red or blue.

I work 4 miles from Greensboro dealership and ride the 2 hours for service. Charlotte beat their price by $450 on the scout, not including 2 free shirts and a hat, $50 gift cert in the mail, free shirt coupon in the mail, free hat coupon in the mail... Etc etc.

I did learn from the Greensboro mechanic that the preload on the rear shock can not be adjusted (it can) and that the chiefs have run flat tires (they don't). They're new, they are still learning. Nice guys, but when it comes to my money and my bikes its no question to where to go.

• Like 1