Indian Motorcycle Community

Indian Service Department Survey.

There has been some noise on Fartbook about the level of service at Indian dealers - and since I'm currently being put through the ringer I thought it might be a good idea to take a survey.

Full disclosure: I will probably write up a summary of this survey (without names of course) on http://indianroads.net/- so there's that.

Now this is NOT a survey of the entire dealer - NOT the sales people, and NOT the parts people, and not the apparel people. This is JUST a survey of the SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

Only ONE question:

How satisfied are you with the service you receive on YOUR bike?

Rate your satisfaction on a 1 to 5 scale, with

1 = "bunch of ass clowns kept my bike for too long, screwed me over / messed my bike up"

2 = "clueless. poor quality / it took too long to do"

3 = "meh - they did what they say they would do on schedule, nothing more"

4 = "pretty good. the work was done on time, and the quality of the work was good"

5 = "these guys walk on water. Top notch service, they went over and beyond what I expected."

Submit the location, and the name of the dealer, and a number between 1 and 5.

For example:

Littleton Colorado, Indian Motorcycle of the Rockies, 2.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Mancuso Houston would get a -1 from me for screwing my 2012 Vintage up.

• Like 1

Service?

Indian Motorcycle of Charlotte .I'd give them a 5,sense that's as far as u'r scale goes. Mark , and his entire staff r like family,want find any better.

Mark ,I know u most likely will b reading this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wouldn't want Mike to think he can "walk on water"

• Like 3

Kind of hard to rate on this scale when the dealership in Ridgeland, MS is so rude and doesn't even want to work on your bike. I have a couple safety recalls needing to be performed and have never been treated with such disrepect. They apparently would much rather be working on all the SXS mud critters. Too bad, especially since they just built a nice looking larger building. Can I give them a "0"?

Regarding Indian of Charlotte, Andrew is awesome! 5+. I've had the chance to talk briefly with Mark a couple times now and what a great dealership. I may live 10+ hours away, but I will continue to use Charlotte for purchasing all my parts. What a fine group of folks.

• Like 2

Columbus, OH, Indian Motorcycle of Columbus (Pony Powersports), Rating: 2

They won't take appointments for "routine" services so I showed up right when they opened for my 500-mile service. I waited over 30 minutes in line for a service writer who tells me there's already a four hour wait before they'll even get started on the two-hour service. I ended up buying the oil change kit myself and took it to a local custom motorcycle shop who did everything in two hours....and probably a lot cheaper than the dealer would've charged me.

They get a lot of poor customer reviews on their service department and that alone was almost enough to keep me from buying my Dark Horse there. I think a large part of their problem is they are a multi-brand service shop and most of their work is on ATV's and the other brands they sell (Aprilia, Beta, Ducati, Honda, Piaggio, Kawasaki, Polaris, Star, Suzuki, Vespa, Victory and Yamaha). They just picked up Indian this year and I'm sure their service department reviews won't get any better until they start adding service writers and mechanics.

Indian Motorcycle of Auburn (Washington) Service Department - 5

I've only had the Vintage for a couple of weeks and just had my 500 mile service done. It was pricey, but they were upfront about the cost from the get go.

I called ahead to schedule, and Craig (Service Manager) scheduled me within a few days. Here's where it gets interesting . . . I showed up a day early - one of those typical Seattle summer days where you're driving through morning mist and rain one minute and the sun breaks out the next. When I arrived, Craig greeted me with an odd look and then politely told me I was a day early - but they would take me anyway. They went over everything with me, corrected a few minor issues that I had noted, and I was on my way.

In this shop, the service and sales department work together, as it should be. I know Ken wanted this rating to be the service department only, and I'm rating them a 5 because of this first service appointment, but I would also rate the entire dealership a 5. In short - they all "get it".

Fresno, Ca Indian dealership is rated a 1.

Took my engine apart and wouldn't, or couldn't correct a residual oil spray. Had to have somebody else

take it down to the main long bolts and completely rebuild it. They did a nice job cleaning it, though!

My service has always been a 5 'cause I have to do it myself.....

Nobody works on a Gilroy bike......

• Like 9

I have a Gilroy Scout...my answer just doesn't matter.

• Like 2

I have performed all my own mechanical work on my 03 Chief but did phone the local Indian dealer up hear in Burlington, ON , Canada and asked him if they rebuilt engines on Chiefs older than 2012 and he said he did not know???? Asked him if they serviced Indians older than 2012 and did not know?? I love the new Chiefs but I have a feeling if they ask me how much I wish to spend my response would be I do not know!!

Indian of Northern NJ has kept my 2003 Gilroy running just fine. They even took in the bike a week before I was leaving for Daytona to find an electrical short that could have cancelled my trip. I easily give them 4

my vote does not count ,but if you talk about sales Birmingham is a suckass 0,service cannot be any better , worse than trying to talk to a tote the note car dealer

I have a 2002 Indian Spirit and the dealer in Indiana "Falcone Indian" would not even look at my bike because they said it was to old, I felt so upset and hurt. Did not think a 2002 was ancient, now what do I do?

• Like 1

1. No official dealerships in Australia for KM bikes. We even have to pay for the warranty safety recalls as Polaris here policy views our KM bikes as grey imports.
  2. The 3 main Indian shops here selling new chiefs and scouts are all owned directly by polaris and they won't even look at a Pre Polaris made bike. so on that basis Indian Melbourne, Indian Sydney and Indian Brisbane get a zero
  3. Antique Motorcycles in mentone south east Melbourne will service all Indian bikes. No parts but friendly helpful knowledgable and reasonable cost so a 4 for them
  4. Parts for KM and Gilroy only one place in Australia for that and thats Zorros (my company)

My experiences in the Usa sourcing parts for my Kms and Gilroy Indians and getting telephone technical help.

Indian Charlotte not interested long lead time on parts ordered and not sticking to agreed prices and parts so for me a rated at 1

Indian North Dakota. Managed eventually to get parts i required at the price quoted although they were late rated at 3

Aardvark cycles. Rang many many times to order parts and no response at at no return phone calls or emails despite ringing multiple times rated at zero

Indian twin Cities Once on track parts were forthcoming as discussed rated a 3

American Motoparts Guy has been good to deal with an responds almost always within 24 hrs rated a 4

hope thats helps

• Like 2

I give Indian of Lancaster County (Hernley's) a 4+. They are even willing to work on my sons 03 Spirit

Elizabethtown, PA; Hernley's Polaris Indian; 5

:grin:

Highest rating for Montgomery Powersports, Honolulu, Hawaii - 5

My clutch cable broke 18 months after taking delivery of the bike, obviously outside of the original warranty and probably not even covered under the extended warranty. I called my dealer (Montgomery Powersports) and told them I was stuck on the interstate with a broken clutch cable. The dealer sent his truck out to bring me in, then replaced the clutch cable, checked a few things over on my bike (I do all of my own service and had never taken it in, so this was the dealer's first post-sale look at the bike), topped-up my oil, then sent me on my way. Charge = $0 (not even a "deductible" under the extended warranty). Spectacular service.

• Like 1

All the discouraging comments about not being able to get service on the Gilroy Indians......except for the "5" given by troll. Cool!I have to replace the gasket for the GEARCASE cover, Checking out a YouTube, the guy made that chore looker very, very easy. Can anyone confirm it isn't that difficult and who would be a good source for the gasket needed (and would you replace the gasket on the inspection plate? Thanks....