Indian Motorcycle Community

Kansas And Oklahoma Us Highway Conditions?

I'm hoping someone lives out that way -

I'll be leaving for IRIP this coming Sunday, and my current ride plan is to head out across Kansas on US-50 then onto other US highways and spend the night near Wichita before heading in to Indian Point on Monday. My ride plan for my return trip is to drop down into Oklahoma and ride US-412 through the panhandle and back home that way.

Now with all the rain, flooding, and tornadoes - I'm considering changing my route to take the Interstate-70 and head into IRIP via KCK. I'd rather take my original routes...

Can anyone advise on the road conditions through Kansas and Oklahoma?

TIA

Ken Oklahoma and Kansas hasn't had the rain we have had

Just check and ride safe see ya at irip

Are you kidding me. The news is full of reports about the flooding in Oklahoma and Texas, haven't heard anything about Arkansas. The Govenor was touring all the flooded areas in Oklahoma yesterday, as it had been declared a disaster area by the President. Every lake is 15-30+ feet above flood stage and many secondary roads are damaged. And it's raining again today with more forcast for the next few days.

• Like 1

Well unless the weather forecast dramatically changes for the worse, I'll be keeping to my original route. I should be arriving at IRIP on Monday afternoon, and will be leaving on Thursday morning, and I hope to see all of you there.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Northern Oklahoma hasn't had the flooding that has happened in the Southern portion. Google Oklahoma Department of Transportation and they probably have info about the roads across the State.

• Like 2

about an hour ago..canvas_zps8q2cvjfq.png

Edited by harleynot

Yessir, my jobsite is getting hammered right fkn now...........................

20150529_161649_resized_zps0bgla4y6.jpg

Well hopefully all that will dry out a bit before I head out on Sunday.

Well, there's a slight difference between the pic Robin posted and the shit happening in Texas. But hey, at least it's supposed to be dryer next week. (key word is SUPPOSED)

Rain is finally leaving Texas. Branson looks like a week of good weather

Leaving tomorrow morning. Looks like it will be a good trip.