Indian Motorcycle Community

Indian History

I am instrested in reading about the history of Indian, starting with the Springfield models. Do any of you guys know of a good internet resource? It would be nice if there was a listing of all the models for all production years. Thanks in advance for your help!

I assume you read the section by Dr Mark on here about Indian History.

I assume you read the section by Dr Mark on here about Indian History.

I did not. I am pretty new. Sorry. Could you tell me where that is located? Thanks for your help

Mr. Schultz I found it. Thank your for your suggestion.

I am also instrested in pre 1953 history if anyone can suggest more resources.

• Like 1

Send a pm to Mark Moses he is Indian dealer in Charlotte. He breathes Indian.

Google "Indian Motorcycle" There will be more information than you can read in a week.

Here's a site with good info...

http://selvedgeyard.com/2009/11/24/indian-americas-first-motorcycle-the-early-years-of-cool-innovation/

There's a lot of older info out there that is unpolluted by current Polaris propaganda

lw002112.jpg?w=700

Just type in Indian motorcycle history & you will find Antique American enthusiast sites galore.

• Like 1

You in NC so you can not be to far from him. He is not to far from Charlotte. When I bought my 2012 Vintage from him I drove over a 1000 miles to pick it up. You boys are lucky to have somebody like that up yonder.

Mark@IndianMotorcycleCharlotte.com is his email. His shop is in Lowell, NC

Edited by lschultz

Mark Moses and the Charlotte Dealership get a 10 on a 5 scale. Yes, they're that good.

• Like 2

I just watched a video on the link that chief doc 99 posted. It was board track racing at Daytona. It was awsome. Those guys were hauling ass! Film was from 1920. Official track speed was 212 K hr. / 131 mph. That's pretty good for a bicycle with a motor.. Thanks for sharing that link.

• Like 1

I just watched a video on the link that chief doc 99 posted. It was board track racing at Daytona. It was awsome. Those guys were hauling ass! Film was from 1920. Official track speed was 212 K hr. / 131 mph. That's pretty good for a bicycle with a motor.. Thanks for sharing that link.

Yeah - those guys had some stone kahoneys.

Dam thats going to keep you quite for a while. Don't ask for nothing anymore. :rotfl:

Indian history is most oft determined by the storyteller. I ain't kiddin' either.

Indian history is most oft determined by the storyteller. I ain't kiddin' either.

That is ALWAYS the way it is.

The Wall is where you could find me at the fairs when I was a little kid. I'd hang around there all day. Neat stuff! :Beer-Chug[1]: