Indian Motorcycle Community

No Indian For You

Had to go down to the city today to pick out some granite slabs ( re doing the kitchen and bathrooms for the Mrs). Stopped in the Indian dealer for the first time .

Wife and I walk in ( she's more excited then me) and says " hey a Dark Horse, you should sit on it, wow a two tone Vintage I like the mint and cream check this one out ".

As we walk toward the two tone Vintage the fat bastard sales guy walks over and plants his fat ass on the bike , he them talks a bit about how Polaris can't keep up with the demand and the old Kings Mountain bikes were more expensive and not as good as the new bikes. I asked him about custom paint and he replied they don't do it there but knows two shops but they expensive , I said I like the bike and would like a warbonnet or Indian script on the tank and showed him a picture of my Spingfield script , he then switched gears about how the Gilroy bikes were just cobbled together out of Harley parts including the S&S engines and they bolted on cool fenders

He then walked away without ever asking me about any interest , must have been my trademark torn Wranglers, beat up Cowboy boots and hat ( it is raining here today).

I WAS thinking of adding a Dark Horse or a Vintage and could have wrote a check for any bike there, I'm thinking I'll ride the cobbled Harley for a while :)

• Like 23

sounds like the bastards in birmingham , they couldnt care less and know nothing about them

Should have suggested a test ride...or three :nod:

I did. He said I had to come back at the end of June when the truck arrives with the demos

im passing around the hat for airpirate a new pair of jeans !!

• Like 1

Are people really buying a motorcycle without test riding it? That salesman sounds like a real piece of work but the real problem is the owner of the dealership that feels it's ok to employ him. Come on Polaris start policing your dealership's customers deserve to be treated better than this. I'm sorry you had to ride that cobbled up Harley home, well even a cobbled up Indian gets more attention then a Harley lol.

• Like 4

Haven't been in the new Atlanta area dealership yet but,

I'm considering going there to see if the place is up N runnin and,

if their attitude has improved since I last talked to em at the Atl. M/C show..

Kinda expectin the same treatment as Airpirate N glassguy2 but,

hopin ta get hooked up with a real Indian representative when I'm there,

if it's not too much ta hope for,

We'll see,

:moped:

Dave

Take the wife's likings and go get ya whichever (somewhere, anywhere's else), then go back by there and let the FB know ya bought at a real Indian dealer.

• Like 3

When I was on my way back home from Cali I stopped at the Las Vegas NV dealer. They saw I was on my Vintage and we talked a little about that - then I mentioned that I also owned a KM... The sales guy said "yeah - those are the ones with the S&S engine". I set him straight and told him he had best learn about the product he was selling. Ignorant, arrogant, fuck-wad.

It seems to me that the guys that are selling these bikes know practically nothing about them. No idea of the history, and what's even more amazing is that I've run into some that don't even know much about the current Polaris Indians that they're selling.

Could be an Indian, could be a Maytag, or a Kia, it makes no difference to them. They just don't give a god damn about the bike, it's just a commodity. And since it's a commodity that's selling fast they figure that they can be ass hats and give lousy customer service.

• Like 5

That is it in a nutshell.

They are lazy

They are ignorant

They have new bikes to sell

They have 90% customers who don't know much

So they get away with being dumbasses

When you call 'em on it, doesn't matter

You are only one of the 10% ers who know. :nod:

There are dealers that have been around long enough to know better

than to employ bums for salesmen.

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99
  • Like 5

Had a different experience in Sturgis last fall. Wife and I went in to dealer and were completely ignored. Half tempted to tip over a bike just to get someone to talk to me. She was looking at a sidecar combo.....salesman stepped between her and unit, and didn't say a word. Just glared at her. Sad thing is, I think the middle aged is prime target market for the brand.

At least the ignorant guy has a chance, albeit a small chance at a sale.

• Like 1

Are people really buying a motorcycle without test riding it?

Yep, I'm one of them. :nod: My test ride was the trip home.

• Like 1

Well you are in a different world then the masses because you have a gaggle of friends here that have explained their experiences so thoroughly it makes one believe they have ridden one subconsciously. So in truth you have ridden one before the purchase, thank goodness for the Indian Motorcycle Forum.

• Like 2

Anyone who buys anything other than Harley or Indian pretty much has no chance of a test ride. Never seen a Hondasaki dealer let you test ride. Edited by Mikehell

Buy your next Indian from another dealership.

Take a picture.

Send it to the fat bastard salesman and the dealership owner and let them know the fat bastard salesman cost them a sale due to his stupidity and ignorance.

Enjoy your new bike.

• Like 6

Well you are in a different world then the masses because you have a gaggle of friends here that have explained their experiences so thoroughly it makes one believe they have ridden one subconsciously. So in truth you have ridden one before the purchase, thank goodness for the Indian Motorcycle Forum.

I didn't test ride my Gilroy, KM, or new new Vintage. If it has 2 wheels I can ride it.. some are better than others in terms of fitting my body, handling, and performance, but in a large sense I can adjust whatever bike I have to improve in most of those areas.. and what I can't improve I get used to.

I loved the look of the Indian, wanted one, so I bought it. End of story.

• Like 5

Yes, that's true. I've learned a lot on this forum and it certainly made my decision easier.

I didn't test ride my Gilroy, KM, or new new Vintage. If it has 2 wheels I can ride it.. some are better than others in terms of fitting my body, handling, and performance, but in a large sense I can adjust whatever bike I have to improve in most of those areas.. and what I can't improve I get used to.

I loved the look of the Indian, wanted one, so I bought it. End of story.

I did the same thing with all 4 Indians , I never test rode any of them

• Like 2