Indian Motorcycle Community

Has Anyone Have Experience With Theses Wheel Chocks?

BK100.jpg

Have any of you all used this type of chock with Gilroy and PI Indians? Does the cam lock portion clear the fenders on both chiefs? Looks like there could be a conflict.

Edited by Wheatmonger

I use Condor

http://store.condor-lift.com/

sc2000.jpg

I got a similar looking one at china freight and had to cut, bend and modify it, but works great now. If that one works with the Indian fender, that would be the way to go. :nod:

• Like 1

I got a condor that works fine for inside the shop. I got one mounted inside my enclosed trailer think I got it from Discount Ramps it is similar to the one you show but mine is black. It works fine but the fender is close. I had it in the trailer when we went up to Marks to pick up the Kings Mountain. Hauled it over a 1000 miles back to Texas and no problems.

I got a similar looking one at china freight and had to cut, bend and modify it, but works great now. If that one works with the Indian fender, that would be the way to go. :nod:

The Condor is adjustable.

Don't have to cut or bend anything.

IMamerica__sfirst_029.jpg

Condor [as shown] works pretty well on my 2001 chief.

I do not recommend torqueing down tight on ratchet-ties. I modified the stock condor [to fit ties on] and tightened the ties too much. This broke the front crash bar which had to be welded back together.

I do recommend:

1.Use the Velcro wraps, supplied by condor, as shown in photo above.

2. Use a tape measure and always monitor the stability of the bike while in the chock.

3. Drive chief into the chock. Do not just push the bike in. These bikes can fall out of a condor chock. I have seen this happen!!! When Velcro wraps were NOT used.

4. I try to keep the fuel tank no more then half full when using condor for bike cleaning and minor maintenance which I will be doing again tomorrow morning.

5. When bike is good and stable I have left the chief, alone, in the condor for 2 or 3 days at a time including night time. With Velcro wraps on!

cheers

I recommend you make a wood block that is about 1 inch or 3/4 inch lower than the frame... Roll bike into Condor, put block under the bike, ratchet down, and you CAN NOT pop fork seals, and you will be amazed how stable this makes the bike.

Distributes the weight of bike across the floor of the trailer!!

If you adjust condor the way they suggest, you HAVE to cut a little off the rear cradle to clear fender.

Most of those cheap docking racks flex toooo much to be safe in a trailer

• Like 3

Right.....too. I forgot to mention the popped fork seals issue which I too had at one point in time. Use of Condor has been a learning experience for me, for sure. These days I leave the ratchet ties loose but wrap Velcro ties tight.

Now, I gotta get up go out put bike in Condor for cleaning and check out some new components recently put on bike.

It's only used for snow. :nod:

So you get two in the package along with a paddle tyre ?

It's only used for snow. :nod:

That's the only time I use mine, being on the back side of a huge snow covered hill makes it a necessary evil. That being said, I wanted the easiest to use, and the rocker styles made it all but impossible with a fused spine to pull the bike back out by my self.

I don't see how you guyz ride with that shit attached to the front wheel... :no:

C'mon Chris... It's easy... They ride up front in the truck....

• 3 weeks later...

I use a wheel dock, it really is as good as they say and worth every penny to me. I takes zero effort to get the bike out of.

http://www.wheeldock.com/store/item/indian-wheel-chock/299

5c36e888637bdafe-cropped.jpg

Thanks! ....I ordred one and have had it a few weeks and love it. Much better than the condor. I have had the condor also, this beats it hands down.

• Like 1

Thanks! ....I ordred one and have had it a few weeks and love it. Much better than the condor. I have had the condor also, this beats it hands down.

The thing is awesome right ? Good for you, enjoy.