Indian Motorcycle Community

Dams Chris you are not alone any more. There is :ooh2: another dick.

Edited by lschultz

Never use along and dick in the same sentence. Besides, I like to think I'm more of a dipstick.

Mark helped me out , and did not have to. I NOW see it would be worth the trip to buy from Him!!! A lot of guys are ALL talk, and nothing else He isn't

How long before cloning is perfected?? :grin:

Mark helped me out , and did not have to. I NOW see it would be worth the trip to buy from Him!!! A lot of guys are ALL talk, and nothing else He isn't

How long before cloning is perfected?? :grin:

You can't do any better than buying from Mark....

• Like 1

Dams Chris you are not alone any more. There is :ooh2: another dick.

No - there's no dick like Chris. He's a dick like no other!

No - there's no dick like Chris. He's a dick like no other!

Talk like that will get you threw out of some bars around here...

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

Good trivia question.

Maybe a 2002 pp100 enthusiast can assist...

2003 is the slightly better year for the engine reliability.

There were some few dozen even more reliable pp100 Chiefs made for 2004 as well.

All~star former dealer ~ Insane Indian/Mark Moses has most all of the info.

Or call Guy at IndianMotoParts *WestCoast Time Zone*

408-499-4970

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99

What's unique about your Chief?

And this thread is worthless without pics!

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Is there a reference available for Gilroy Indian motorcycle model production numbers specifically for the 2002 Indian Spirit? 

No doubt about it

Search in the archives

to find your answer

I have solid intelligence that jglace is now the keeper of the flame of the aforementioned list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

God this is an old thread... and I'm new so I don't know if it will stick to the wall but I'm going to fling it anyway :-)

This evening I agreed to buy a 2002 Indian Spirit with pretty huge miles, not running, for a paltry sum, and it's beautiful. 

I've loved Indians since I was a kid building minibikes from 20 inch bikes with my brother Bill and when I saw this one I could not pass it up. 

I've seen the discussion above on production numbers versus VIN sequence and even though I don't think this is a special bike, I'd still like to know what it is and when it was built and if there is an order that can be determined, where it lies. Based on the breakdown it's an '02 Spirit built in Gilroy with an 88" S&S motor, sure enough. The serial number section of the VIN is 007247... Any thoughts on where this child falls in the Gilroy family would be appreciated.

Jim

On 7/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, Jimkana said:

God this is an old thread... and I'm new so I don't know if it will stick to the wall but I'm going to fling it anyway 🙂

This evening I agreed to buy a 2002 Indian Spirit with pretty huge miles, not running, for a paltry sum, and it's beautiful. 

I've loved Indians since I was a kid building minibikes from 20 inch bikes with my brother Bill and when I saw this one I could not pass it up. 

I've seen the discussion above on production numbers versus VIN sequence and even though I don't think this is a special bike, I'd still like to know what it is and when it was built and if there is an order that can be determined, where it lies. Based on the breakdown it's an '02 Spirit built in Gilroy with an 88" S&S motor, sure enough. The serial number section of the VIN is 007247... Any thoughts on where this child falls in the Gilroy family would be appreciated.

Jim

I now have the bike in hand... wondering if this forum is still in use... 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jimkana said:

I now have the bike in hand... wondering if this forum is still in use... 

yep it is