Indian Motorcycle Community

Inline 4 Is Next ?

i went to local dealer today just to try out bikes ,never buy one there tho ,manager came out giving me the we are striving to best bullshit ,then he said wait till you see whats next . the inline 4 ,he said its in the works , i wonder hummmm

I would like to see come true. But you don't seem to think much of this dealer so I would not count on it. Now if Mark Moses made a statement like that well its going to happen. I'm sure it is coming but who knows when.

I would like to see come true. But you don't seem to think much of this dealer so I would not count on it. Now if Mark Moses made a statement like that well its going to happen. I'm sure it is coming but who knows when.

Mark wouldn't open his mouth until it was OK to open his mouth.

• Like 2

yeah the dealers heart is not in it ,crotch rocket sales and side by sides are their interest . he did say they sunk 200,000 indian and all they seen at the time was the motor

• Like 1

Many believe the Inline 4 is coming .. soon... ...including myself.

For a dealer to state it, and not say it's just his opinion, would make him an idiot and violating NDA agreements he has signed... .. . assuming he has a clue and was provided that info. There is no value in him telling you that info, since it could be hurting his current sales...( people may want to to wait ).... which would make him an even bigger idiot?

Edited by RickkciR
  • Like 2

Reminds me of someone in SO COLD.

• Like 2

yeah the dealers heart is not in it ,crotch rocket sales and side by sides are their interest . he did say they sunk 200,000 indian and all they seen at the time was the motor

Yeah - same here with the Littleton dealer. They started out good, but hired a new GM and laid off the one guy that was really driving them to be a better Indian Shop. So while it looked good at first, they've gone downhill. Indian is in the back with all kinds of side by side Polaris stuff and Victories sitting in front that you have to walk through before getting into the Indian section. They also sell dirt bikes and all kind of other stuff. They have way more HD's sitting out on the floor (trade ins) than they do Indians.

Indians are just a commodity they are selling as far as they're concerned. So they may as well be selling Maytag washers.

• Like 3

Just hope they don't have the guy that dreamed up the Vision workin' on the Indian Four!!!

They probably do though. :nod:

Shame & a pity.

Hope it doesn't look any worse than those 'RoadMasters' do.

They could have done a much better job on those lowers... :rauch08:

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99
  • Like 3

Once they do the 4 all the low hanging fruit will be gone, then what??? The 4 will prolly be a water cooled scoot & I think it has to be to keep the rear jugs cool enough to get any reliability out of it. I hope they buy a Honda or Suzuki & pull it down and take a good look at what a strong, smooth transmission looks like and APE it into the four :nod: YMMV

• Like 1

3D copiers are workin' overtime at the Mamaship.

They oughta do some more of those surveys, the fact that they haven't may mean the course is set for the Four.

Keep seeing a Dakota 4 with Vision Jetson flare...

Then there's the 841 platform up for grabs ~ ideal adventure type motorbike.

Then there's that electric bike...

101 Scout is unused so far.

Springfield & Roadhorse are two of the copywrited names of bikes IMI has protected.

3D copiers are workin' overtime at the Mamaship.

They oughta do some more of those surveys, the fact that they haven't may mean the course is set for the Four.

Keep seeing a Dakota 4 with Vision Jetson flare...

Then there's the 841 platform up for grabs ~ ideal adventure type motorbike.

Then there's that electric bike...

101 Scout is unused so far.

Springfield & Roadhorse are two of the copywrited names of bikes IMI has protected.

You are correct.... Which Vic model do you think they will re-badge and call it a Springfield? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Like 1

You are correct.... Which Vic model do you think they will re-badge and call it a Springfield? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Electric boardtrack is my guess.

With pedals for when the batt peeters out. :ooh2:

• Like 1