Indian Motorcycle Community

Eller Era Brochure

One of our IMRG members brought this in yesterday - he scanned it and sent it to me. Pretty cool.

INDIAN%201992_zpszb4ogwph.jpg

INDIAN%201992%20-%201_zps0uhh5ef5.jpg

• Like 1

That's Wayne Baughman who swindeled folks & did some prison time.

Showed a wooden sculpted mock up to investors & potential buyers...in '92.

In '94 he did have a running prototype, but he was so far in the red, he failed to produce.

Here's the runner parked center next to the mockup on the right.

indian-prototype-1-6183.jpg

IMMI was the name he chose out of Albeturkey NM.

Indian Motorcycle Manufacturing Incorporated

There's lots of info on it if you do a search.

• Like 3

The guy at our meeting said his friend had agreed to purchase one of the early productions bikes.. they took his money and that was the last he saw of it.

In '94 he did have a running prototype, but he was so far in the red, he failed to produce.

In my reading about the Eller fiasco, I did not come across anything about a Scout model.. so that was news to me. Interesting stuff!

Lately on ebay there have been some IMMI t-shirts for sale, I remember those days well. I have never heard of the scout either Ken.

• Like 1

Gilroy had one of Wayne Baughman's prototype Century Chiefs on display at IMC headquarters,

but it disappeared when they closed the factory in 2003.

There is one other on display at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA.

The the guy that paid out, there is probably no way to claim it though.

http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/featured-entrepreneur-wayne-baughman-creator-of-the-century-chief/

WC6P6475.jpg

WC6P6483.jpg

h

WC6P6505.jpg

k

WC6P6540.jpg

• Like 1

Eller was a company

no one went to jail as it was an above board company on the path to make real products.

• Like 2

According to Wayne Baughman himself:

Wayne A Baughman

January 8, 2015 at 6:23 pm (UTC -6)

Thank you very much for trying to explain a difficult experience regarding the ‘Century V-Twin’ motorcycles. I have lived at the same address for over 25 years, during all the situations surrounding the efforts of IMMI-NM. The one very definitive fact is, ALL of the IMMI-NM investors that filed the proper validation papers had their investment returned minus any interest on said funds. Repayment of PPM funds has never been done in the history of said SEC offerings. I was investigated for RICO violations by R.A. Block,Pres. Sterling Corporation,Denver,Colorado and the New Mexico Atty. General’s office IE: No evidence of RICO violations by me were ever established. It is apparent that I trusted the wrong individuals in one primary area the, engine prototype development. EPRE of California should have been my first and only R & D firm prior to any other development of the ‘Century V-Twin motorcycles. EPRE had IMMI-NM far ahead of the curve on the 90 cu in, Direct-Injection, four (4) valve, OHC, Unit-Construction v-twin as did New Life Builders, Rich Joos of New Mexico Its very easy to Monday morning quarter-back these efforts, thus, I iwill not bore anyone with more findings of obvious mistakes made on this project. Save to say a most sincere THANK YOU to all those that worked on this effort to build a improved high-tech sport touring motorcycle.

Wayne A. Baughman……….Century V-Twin Motorcycle

• Like 1

In this era people are still bitching about water cooling on the scout. Wonder what they would have said back then?

• Like 2

According to Wayne Baughman himself:

Wayne A Baughman

January 8, 2015 at 6:23 pm (UTC -6)

Thank you very much for trying to explain a difficult experience regarding the ‘Century V-Twin’ motorcycles. I have lived at the same address for over 25 years, during all the situations surrounding the efforts of IMMI-NM. The one very definitive fact is, ALL of the IMMI-NM investors that filed the proper validation papers had their investment returned minus any interest on said funds. Repayment of PPM funds has never been done in the history of said SEC offerings. I was investigated for RICO violations by R.A. Block,Pres. Sterling Corporation,Denver,Colorado and the New Mexico Atty. General’s office IE: No evidence of RICO violations by me were ever established. It is apparent that I trusted the wrong individuals in one primary area the, engine prototype development. EPRE of California should have been my first and only R & D firm prior to any other development of the ‘Century V-Twin motorcycles. EPRE had IMMI-NM far ahead of the curve on the 90 cu in, Direct-Injection, four (4) valve, OHC, Unit-Construction v-twin as did New Life Builders, Rich Joos of New Mexico Its very easy to Monday morning quarter-back these efforts, thus, I iwill not bore anyone with more findings of obvious mistakes made on this project. Save to say a most sincere THANK YOU to all those that worked on this effort to build a improved high-tech sport touring motorcycle.

Wayne A. Baughman……….Century V-Twin Motorcycle

Yep, I saw that.

I still stand by my statement.

At this point it is just old gossip of the past.

Many people paid him money from 1992 to 1995 for a motorcycle & got nothing but ripped off.

I never heard of anyone getting any upfront funds returned on preordered motorcycles

So he paid a few key stock investors that were savy enough to do the red tape bullshit, so what?

He did that out of fear ~ not integrity.

By then Zanghi was in jail on a number of charges and Baughman had authorities breathing down his neck shakin' in his boots.

So now a Century Chief is in the museum & he wants to set the record straight?

This explanation is what he comes up with ~ 25 years worth of spin.

He's had time to twist & tune up the story to his benefit.

I hear he wants to sell you a bike. :grin:

• Like 2

One of our IMRG members brought this in yesterday - he scanned it and sent it to me. Pretty cool.

INDIAN%201992_zpszb4ogwph.jpg

INDIAN%201992%20-%201_zps0uhh5ef5.jpg

So he takes 30% or about $4grand as a deposit all around at bike rallys for a few years...

$4 grand a pop adds up to a tidy sum but I'll give you that it was peanuts compared to Zanghi's scam.

Zanghi never built one bike!

He pounded out some t shirts, but never a bike.

He was able to get people to pay for the right to produce Indian logo'ed goods all over the world.

These 2 guys were operating at the same time.

• Like 1

The guy at our meeting said his friend had agreed to purchase one of the early productions bikes.. they took his money and that was the last he saw of it.

Yep

Yep, I saw that.

Many people paid him money from 1992 to 1995 for a motorcycle & got nothing but ripped off.

I never heard of anyone getting any upfront funds returned on preordered motorcycles

So he paid a few key stock investors that were savy enough to do the red tape bullshit, so what?

By then Zanghi was in jail on a number of charges and Baughman had authorities breathing down his neck shakin' in his boots.

And the statute of limitations is long gone

In this era people are still bitching about water cooling on the scout. Wonder what they would have said back then?

That was really not too long ago, I think if this rendition had actually made it to market it would have failed.

I personally would never bought that design even if it had the Indian name on the tank.

Yep, I saw that.

Ain't got a dog in this fight. Just posting Baughman's response for those who didn't bother to read the initial article. I couldn't give a shit either way.

That was really not too long ago, I think if this rendition had actually made it to market it would have failed.

I personally would never bought that design even if it had the Indian name on the tank.

Nope.. neither would I....