Indian Motorcycle Community

Leather Jackets: Who's Cows Are You Wearing

I've downsized my ass considerably as of the last year and have found my beloved leathers very oversized. Looked into the overpriced Indian Jackets and found them to be light weight for the money and I ride in cold weather as much as any it seems.

Looking at Fox Creek Leather as a possibility, they look like quality. I used to buy some stuff from Rottweiler but he seems to be out of business. So what is the Leather of choice?

Fox Creek leather for me. Have the coat, chaps, leather pants, gloves think that's it. We stopped by there business a few years ago when we was up in that part of the country. And a belt, billfold too.

Edited by lschultz

I've downsized my ass considerably as of the last year and have found my beloved leathers very oversized. Looked into the overpriced Indian Jackets and found them to be light weight for the money and I ride in cold weather as much as any it seems.

Looking at Fox Creek Leather as a possibility, they look like quality. I used to buy some stuff from Rottweiler but he seems to be out of business. So what is the Leather of choice?

I live 5 miles from Fox Creek if you need me to go look at anything for you. It's over the Virginia line, but I buy gasoline over in that town. I have Rottweilers Indian Brand, several Indian Brand I do not think are Rotties (T-3) and another. Then I was given one when I purchased my 2012 This is my favorite

DSC_3411_zps83b1f452.jpg

• Like 3

Fox Creek without a doubt. Does not have the legacy of Schott, but it a more practical jacket. Fits better, removable lining, well vented, made like a tank. You will not regret it.

I live 5 miles from Fox Creek if you need me to go look at anything for you. It's over the Virginia line, but I buy gasoline over in that town. I have Rottweilers Indian Brand, several Indian Brand I do not think are Rotties (T-3) and another. Then I was given one when I purchased my 2012 This is my favorite

DSC_3411_zps83b1f452.jpg

That is a kick ass patch set. Someone should be making that one again. Hard to find the nice patches anymore especially the heavy ones like that.

I prefer Schotts jackets....heavy duty leather, great quality, made in America and will outlive you and your bike if taken care of...and I dont mean never worn....I mean dont drag it behind your truck or use it to change oil in cars on driveway.

https://www.schottnyc.com/

I have 118L and unless you get too fat to fit in it will last a lifetime..... Not cheap but then again no designer leather or cheap Pakistani leather here....this jacket is heavy duty if you care about quality, protection, and not just posing at the IMRG meetings. LOL

Wife has a Rottweiller..one of last before they shut down operation for Indian. Great jacket but unless you find on Ebay...rarer than hens teeth.

FoxCreek would be my 2nd choice if price was a concern as they are almost half the price of a Schott...but also very well made and respected.

Edited by Brock

My Indian jacket hangs in my closet...nice jacket but not as nice as my Schott's. ;) My nephew or if I ever have anything but girls for kids and grandkids can wear it or let the dog sleep on it after I am gone. :)

I've downsized my ass considerably as of the last year and have found my beloved leathers very oversized

Some of us are still waiting to.see what that oversized leather looks like and if your giving it away:)

Hasbin brought up a point I forgot to mention. I don't usually to tell anyone what to do, but I will. Whatever you do, do not buy a Pakastani leather. The average pak would be just as happy to see your ass dead as sew your jacket for a dollar. Even their cheap ass skinny cows hate the US!

Hasbin brought up a point I forgot to mention. I don't usually to tell anyone what to do, but I will. Whatever you do, do not buy a Pakastani leather. The average pak would be just as happy to see your ass dead as sew your jacket for a dollar. Even their cheap ass skinny cows hate the US!

Reason that Pakistan leather is so cheap is because in the country that borders Pakistan it is illegal to kill a cow. When the cows get too old, the farmers take them to the border and push them over into Pakistan, where the Pakistanis are waiting to take 'em for the free leather.

Some of us are still waiting to.see what that oversized leather looks like and if your giving it away:)

I have to hold on to it for now. I look a bit odd in it considering I lost 90 pounds. It will have to work till I have a replacement and then I will offer it up for sacrifice here. It is a heavy built quality piece and that is why the Indian jackets feel so light and cheap to me. I hear you on the Pakistani crap and will heed your advice.

Thank you

• Like 1

Fox Creek is nice but I recent saw the ladies red and black Indian jacket ($450). VERY nice and heavy duty with a removeable vest liner. High quality.

And they piss on them to cure it. I always wondered why so many of them work at the VA?

I have to hold on to it for now. I look a bit odd in it considering I lost 90 pounds. It will have to work till I have a replacement and then I will offer it up for sacrifice here. It is a heavy built quality piece and that is why the Indian jackets feel so light and cheap to me. I hear you on the Pakistani crap and will heed your advice.

Thank you

I have lost a shit load of weight in the last three years, now I can wear sweaters and sweat shirts under my leathers. When I started losing I was in size 54 jeans, I'm rocking 40's now. Keep it up buddy, good on ya, you are adding years to your life.

• Like 3

I have lost a shit load of weight in the last three years, now I can wear sweaters and sweat shirts under my leathers. When I started losing I was in size 54 jeans, I'm rocking 40's now. Keep it up buddy, good on ya, you are adding years to your life.

Thank you and congrats to you as well that's awesome. Its amazing how much more horsepower and torque my motorcycle has when it isn't having to lug as much of me around with it. Makes you wonder about that $$$ you plunk down to gain a couple of more foot pounds of torque when dropping 20 lbs makes a bigger seat of the pants feel than anything else we can do.

Damn, Pete. Now I know where my extra 40 lbs came from. I believe in Einstein's theory of body fat: It can neither be created nor destroyed - only shifted from one person to another. Upland Man may have lost 90 lbs, but you just know there's some poor bastard out there that just balooned up to 350 and he's sittin' there thinking: "WTF??????".

Gotta find me a skinny guy to send my fat to. That lets most of the fat bastards on this forum off the hook ....

I have lost at least 100 lbs, I don't weigh myself any more so it could be more. I was becoming obsessed and it was taking the joy out of it. All I know is I feel better, and don't sit in the Lazy Boy waiting to die. I've been real busy on my new house and fell like I've done more there than I did on the 'ol place in 30 years. Don't mean to hijack, but UM I'm serious I live literally 10 minutes from Fox Creek if you need me to check on anything. She digs Indian Motorcycles also.

• Like 2

Damn, Pete. Now I know where my extra 40 lbs came from. I believe in Einstein's theory of body fat: It can neither be created nor destroyed - only shifted from one person to another. Upland Man may have lost 90 lbs, but you just know there's some poor bastard out there that just balooned up to 350 and he's sittin' there thinking: "WTF??????".

Gotta find me a skinny guy to send my fat to. That lets most of the fat bastards on this forum off the hook ....

:rotfl::rotfl:

I have lost at least 100 lbs, I don't weigh myself any more so it could be more. I was becoming obsessed and it was taking the joy out of it. All I know is I feel better, and don't sit in the Lazy Boy waiting to die. I've been real busy on my new house and fell like I've done more there than I did on the 'ol place in 30 years. Don't mean to hijack, but UM I'm serious I live literally 10 minutes from Fox Creek if you need me to check on anything. She digs Indian Motorcycles also.

Will do thank you for the help. Looks like I will be saving for a bit to afford it all.

Pete you may loose few more pounds but do not exaggerate - LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

10488087_1551198955133893_72591616386416

Vanson.