Indian Motorcycle Community

Definitely Off-Topic

Very definitely off-topic... but I love shit like this.

Remember when we were kids and you could see the night sky? I used to camp out with my friends and we'd lay out on our sleeping bags in the darkness and watch satellites pass by against the backdrop of the backbone of night.

• Like 1

Used to duck hunt on a big swamp eons ago. A buddy and I used to get out there hours before sunrise to get a good spot. Used to watch satellites...and planes, but the 13-14 year old minds always saw UFOs.....

Spent some time in Northern Saskatchewan at a fly in fishing camp....Dark as dark can be. Could see all the colors of the Northern Lights on most nights. tough to get away from all the light pollution these days...

• Like 1

I think I saw the ISS pass over the Blue Ridge last month. You know what's really cool Ken? At my Father-in-laws farm in New Zealand, looking at the sky there and seeing the Southern Cross. The sky is different there at night.

Edited by Micmac
  • Like 1

I think I saw the ISS pass over the Blue Ridge last month. You know what's really cool Ken? At my Father-in-laws farm in New Zealand, looking at the sky there and seeing the Southern Cross. The sky is different there at night.

10953239_1543955932524862_32420697410934

• Like 2