Indian Motorcycle Community

Great American Bike Show In Atlanta

well several of us rode to atlanta today to check it out ,a ga, indian dealer was there ,2 chiefs ,1 victory , 1scout ,and a slingshot ,what assholes they were !! no offers to answer any questions ,we asked mind if we sit on the chiefs ? no sitting on them , wtf? my buddy was going to look at the slingshot motor ,the hood or cowl was open about a inch , no dont touch it , this is bullshit , shit is gonna have to change with many dealers .keep them ,cram them ,the harley dealers were like hell jump on try them out ,thats why they are here ..

We went there yesterday after I got off of work, sorry we missed ya's GG2.

Probably talked to the same Schmo you did, they were from Cherokee Cycle SC, an Ind. dealer there..

He said they were opening up their dealership in the previous Gilroy and, KM dealerships location,

said they would be leasing and, remodeling the bldg. from the previous dealerships owner, with no other involvement

than that from him.. The Schmo also seemed very ignorant of the KM's and, Gilroy Indians..

I mentioned that I had been there with mechanical issues with my Gilroy Indians and, was happy with their work;

then I asked if the staff and, wrenches were gonna be retained; to which he said "NO" that they were

just a bunch of Harley wrenches only.. W T F

Well, we'll soon see what kinda seed has just been planted there, :rock:

:moped:

Dave

• Like 1

We went there yesterday after I got off of work, sorry we missed ya's GG2.

Probably talked to the same Schmo you did, they were from Cherokee Cycle SC, an Ind. dealer there..

He said they were opening up their dealership in the previous Gilroy and, KM dealerships location,

said they would be leasing and, remodeling the bldg. from the previous dealerships owner, with no other involvement

than that from him.. The Schmo also seemed very ignorant of the KM's and, Gilroy Indians..

I mentioned that I had been there with mechanical issues with my Gilroy Indians and, was happy with their work;

then I asked if the staff and, wrenches were gonna be retained; to which he said "NO" that they were

just a bunch of Harley wrenches only.. W T F

Well, we'll soon see what kinda seed has just been planted there, :rock:

Dave

Dave it wasnt a feel good i wanna spend my money with you dealer for sure. gonna be a rough bumpy road for these guys ,hope to cross paths and ride soon (gg)

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.

Seems to me Indian now has reliable, good looking, products and reasonable quality control from a modern factory. Quality dealers and reliable after purchase service is once again a tuff pill to swallow. IMHO. Hope IMC comes to terms with it this time....soon....once and for all. cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.

Seems to me Indian now has reliable, good looking, products and reasonable quality control from a modern factory. Quality dealers and reliable after purchase service is once again a tuff pill to swallow. IMHO. Hope IMC comes to terms with it this time....soon....once and for all. cheers

I think there's a sorting out and a learning curve with these new dealers. A lot of them were selling pretty much anything with 2 wheels - some also sell ATV's and jet skis... with the Indian area tucked away in the back.

Initially my local Indian dealer was horrible - terrible service, ignorant sales people, awful customer service. They've improved A LOT though. They got new service people, hired some sales guys from the former KM Indian dealer in Kansas, and are working at improving their customer service. So there's hope as far as Littleton goes. Right now I would say they are at a B or maybe even B+ grade level, hopefully they'll keep working on improving.

There will be some dealers that just refuse to get it though. It's that way with HD dealers too - some are good, others are just out to rip you off, and still others don't give a damn about their customers at all. I think we'll have to take the good with the bad... this is why I've mentioned having a dealer experiences thread tacked to the top of the forum - so we could search for a dealer name before we go and give them our business.

For example - my ride up to Maine next year... I may need to stop to get a service done along the way (It's a long trip.. could be 6 or 7 thousand miles in all) - and I'd like to pin down good dealers in the area where I can trust them to work on my bike. Right now my list of good dealers is just Charlotte, Gregory, and Justin's dealership in AR... the problem is that I'll be in the north east, so it would be nice to be able to search out dealers and see experiences with them written up.

• Like 1

Yea GG2, I know what ya mean;

I was kinda excited that Atlanta was finally getting an Indian dealership,

then while talkin to em there at the show, I realized the folly of this incarnation and,

started thinkin that Indian Charlotte or Indian Birmingham just may be my only go to dealerships..

Poor initial impression for sure, to say the least..

Hope their head deflates so they can get it out of their ass..

Lookin forward to meetin up with you sometime in the future..

Be safe,

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aff o where is it? Doesn't sound promising, but I could pass through Atlanta in a week or so.

It will be in the previous Indian dealerships location up in Alpharetta, on Hwy 9..

770-752-9160.. Formerly Bikers Dream, in their building location..

Hope this helps,

Dave