Indian Motorcycle Community

Just A Fyi Re: Indian Roads

Just updated the Indian Roads website. I added 2 stories:
1. A trip I made out to Area 51 and Yosemite in June.
2. A trip I made to the northwest and Seattle. This completed the diagonal of the US for 2014 - Key West in March and Seattle in August.
http://www.indianroads.net/index.html

Good stuff, Ken.

I saved it to my favorites and will visit often. I can really relate to the Gilroy riding section.

• Like 1

Just added my story about 2014 distressed tan leather experience - under Indian -> 2014 Vintage.

About my 03 Chief. I was thinking about writing up what happened when I rode my 03 Chief up to Street Vibrations.. I think it was in 04.. I was up there with a couple of friends and we had a bit of a dustup with some members of a Lesbian MC... those chicks are pretty damned tough! That story might be too non-PC even for this group though.

Just added my story about 2014 distressed tan leather experience - under Indian -> 2014 Vintage.

About my 03 Chief. I was thinking about writing up what happened when I rode my 03 Chief up to Street Vibrations.. I think it was in 04.. I was up there with a couple of friends and we had a bit of a dustup with some members of a Lesbian MC... those chicks are pretty damned tough! That story might be too non-PC even for this group though.

Let us be the judge on that lol

• Like 3

We had a bit of a dustup with some members of a Lesbian MC... those chicks are pretty damned tough! That story might be too non-PC even for this group though.

Post pics. of the "dustup" also :nod:

no pics, just use your imagination.

I'll go with Jim Croce's description of a similar woman...

She was 5 foot 6, two fifteen
A beach blonde mama with a streak of mean
She knew how to knuckle and she knew how to scuffle and fight
And the roller derby program said
that she was built like a 'fridgerator with a head
Her fans called her Tuffy, but all her buddies called her Spike

And there were 5 of them.

• Like 1

no pics, just use your imagination.

I'll go with Jim Croce's description of a similar woman...

She was 5 foot 6, two fifteen

A beach blonde mama with a streak of mean

She knew how to knuckle and she knew how to scuffle and fight

And the roller derby program said

that she was built like a 'fridgerator with a head

Her fans called her Tuffy, but all her buddies called her Spike

And there were 5 of them.

Truly a man that could tell a story in song...his music endures.

• Like 1

Great stories,Ken. Sat and read many of them last evening. Loved them all

Thanks. Glad to hear you enjoyed them.

• 1 month later...

I like Hippie Chicks....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just released the next edition of Indian Roads (http://indianroads.net/index.html). Everything that's new can be found under the "Newsletter" Tab. Including these articles:

• Editorial: The Dangers of Complexity
  • Trip report, California 2015
  • Photo Gallery, California 2015
  • TRAVEL: Riding Long Distance
  • ... and more

Enjoy.

Ken

Saw em a couple years back ! Wow, big black women, and they were dressed like vikings.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It’s been a while, but the latest issue of Indian Roads (http://indianroads.net/index.html) is live and on line!

Most everything that’s new you can find under the ‘Net Stuff’ tab.

There are two travel accounts. The first is a ride taken last July out through the 4 corners area, then out to Area-51, then over the Sonora Pass to California. The second travel story is of a last minute ride up to the Michigan Upper Peninsula.

In this issue is my final review of the Power Commander 5 on my 2014 Vintage. I’ve had some issues with this product, and this is my final solution.

There is also a TRUE Halloween story, an account from 1958.

All my rides this last summer have been… eventful, so I give my opinion regarding Bad Karma.

I’m requesting that folks send in their experiences with their dealer Service Departments for a NEW survey. I’m doing the new survey because these departments can improve (or get worse) over time, so I want to keep it current. I’ll probably do new surveys like this once a year in the future.

I’ve also posted about the Iron Indian Reunion in Durango next June. There are still some rooms left, this is going to be a fantastic time, so if you want to get make your reservations soon.

Finally, I’ve added a second photo album with some pictures from rides this year. You can find this under the ‘Gallery’ tab.

As usual, if anyone has any questions or problems with the site, drop me a line.

Ken i really enjoy the storys ,it makes me imagine places i will probably never visit . keep it up !! kudos my friend

• Like 1

Ken i really enjoy the storys ,it makes me imagine places i will probably never visit . keep it up !! kudos my friend

Thanks for reading! This is the best for me as I enjoy riding and writing.

I worked through the stories in two days, left me hungry for more.

A well written glimpse into a culture far removed from the corporate mainstream American subdivisions.

Yeah - I could never relate to "Leave it to Beaver"..

DuartesIndian_zpsqrnxvnzc.jpg