Indian Motorcycle Community

Cold Weather Riding

So yesterday it was 28 degrees... I rode the electra glide to work... I had put the lowers on a month ago... I had the 3/4 Bell helmet, winter gloves and my jacket... it was good.. not cold at all...

Was gonna ride it this morning too... but it was 42 and I chose the chief... felt about like 28 on the electra glide... but wow such a sweeter ride... so I gotta see just how cold it can be before I break out the electra glide again... I'm thinking 32 and below is electra glide above 32 is the chief...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... unless I get too cold at 35....

• Like 1

So yesterday it was 28 degrees... I rode the electra glide to work... I had put the lowers on a month ago... I had the 3/4 Bell helmet, winter gloves and my jacket... it was good.. not cold at all...

Was gonna ride it this morning too... but it was 42 and I chose the chief... felt about like 28 on the electra glide... but wow such a sweeter ride... so I gotta see just how cold it can be before I break out the electra glide again... I'm thinking 32 and below is electra glide above 32 is the chief...

I've got a gerbings heated jacket liner for sale. Don't know the size offhand. Probably a L or XL

Rode mine to work last year in 6 degree weather. My bike didn't want to start that afternoon, so I rolled it into my office to warm up while I went to the bar next door. After about an hour, we were both happy.

damn i love motorcycles but under about 50 degrees aint no way. that bastard can sit and look pretty

• Like 2

I'm as Sourh as I'm going... Love Virginia...

naaa you cant smell that gulf of mexico from there !

damn i love motorcycles but under about 50 degrees aint no way. that bastard can sit and look pretty

LOL, there are days here when I leave the house & the thermo reads 32 / 34deg. after I get out of town into the farmland it cools about 5-10deg. neck gator, beany, sweatshirt, jacket & chaps..... Oh I almost forgot the heated gloves :grin: I rode a scoot to work every day for 16 months until last Saturday "too much rain" and contrary to popular belief, it gets below freezing a few days out of every year :nod:

16 up here this morning , I didn't ride :)

16 up here this morning , I didn't ride :)

Maybe if you got new jeans....

• Like 3

Didn't do the 30dg this morning either, rode at 1pm for three hours, managed a hundred miles in 52dg and it was pleasant, not cold on the bike at all, oddly, when I got off for some fuel it was cold away from the bike, I did find some ice on the road at 9k ft though, gotta watch that shit, lucky I was not in a corner which for me is rare up here !

my God man 28 degrees in November, you must live on the dark side of the moon...

I wish. :tear2: 28 is downright balmy round here.

Al

LOL, there are days here when I leave the house & the thermo reads 32 / 34deg. after I get out of town into the farmland it cools about 5-10deg. neck gator, beany, sweatshirt, jacket & chaps..... Oh I almost forgot the heated gloves :grin: I rode a scoot to work every day for 16 months until last Saturday "too much rain" and contrary to popular belief, it gets below freezing a few days out of every year :nod:

i guess age brings wisdom lol hummm freeze my ass off or the truck with a awesome heater . yep the heater wins everytime

i guess age brings wisdom lol hummm freeze my ass off or the truck with a awesome heater . yep the heater wins everytime

Last year my wife & I rode in the snow for about 25 miles, if you have the right gear, you don't freeze your ass off, in fact it was rather comfortable & fun too :moped:

Last year my wife & I rode in the snow for about 25 miles, if you have the right gear, you don't freeze your ass off, in fact it was rather comfortable & fun too :moped:

For me, if there's snow/ice on the road the bike stays in the garage.

• Like 2

For me, if there's snow/ice on the road the bike stays in the garage.

My motto also, the problem was we were 60 miles from home & had to get the hell out of there before the rode was covered, we were out of the snow before it started sticking to the road, it wasn't a snow storm...

• Like 1

My motto also, the problem was we were 60 miles from home & had to get the hell out of there before the rode was covered, we were out of the snow before it started sticking to the road, it wasn't a snow storm...

I've ridden in a snow storm, only 10 mi from home, scary shit, my windshield was fogged and covered w snow, then trying to ride with both feet down like skies, looking over the shield with the bike barely staying up and my goggles down on my chin cause they were coated in snow instantly snow hitting my eye balls then barely moving forward up the slight grade to my house outta the valley was down right exhausting, no thanks ! Hail in a t-shirt with no windshield at 60 mph on a highway ya cant get off in heavy traffic is just as bad, my arms were red and bleeding after a couple miles !

• Like 1