Indian Motorcycle Community

The Pecking Order

I was at beautiful Bagnel Dam today on the T3, and it was the annual trick or treat day for the locals. Since it was a fabulous sunny day, there were not only thousands of trick or treaters, but hundreds of bikes hanging out, eating, visiting, etc.

I sat at my favorite convenience store and drank a diet pepsi while I watched tons of people and bikers look all of the rides over. Here is my take on the pecking order of interest. This is not related to construction, functionability, or quality.

6. Taiwan, bikes from India, off brands - no interest or looks at all.

5. Japanese cruisers, dressers, etc. A casual look or passby. Full dress Wings got quite a few look overs.

4. German bikes, such as BMW make a fabulous quality and fast machine. Some general interest or comment about quality and ridability.

3. British..several Triumphs on the strip. Good sound, nice look, lots of comments about..my uncle had an old Triumph

2. Harley and Victory...actually, the really nice Victories got as many looks as the Harleys. One thing, there was just so many HD's down there. Several very nice Victory baggers.

1. Indian..hands down by far. I actually was the only Indian I saw in an hour. The T3 probably had 50 pictures taken of it, and was by far the bike for crowd appeal. Nice thing is, it is an 02, runs perfectly, and has 15k on the clock....The Time Bomb Continues to Tick !!!

• Like 5

Most anything on two wheels deserves a look and a smile, but there's nothing so fine as an Indian motorcycle.

I'd feel exactly the same if the numbers were reversed.

I was at beautiful Bagnel Dam today on the T3, and it was the annual trick or treat day for the locals. Since it was a fabulous sunny day, there were not only thousands of trick or treaters, but hundreds of bikes hanging out, eating, visiting, etc.

I sat at my favorite convenience store and drank a diet pepsi while I watched tons of people and bikers look all of the rides over. Here is my take on the pecking order of interest. This is not related to construction, functionability, or quality.

5. Japanese cruisers, dressers, etc. A casual look or passby. Full dress Wings got quite a few look overs.

4. German bikes, such as BMW make a fabulous quality and fast machine. Some general interest or comment about quality and ridability.

3. British..several Triumphs on the strip. Good sound, nice look, lots of comments about..my uncle had an old Triumph

2. Harley and Victory...actually, the really nice Victories got as many looks as the Harleys. One thing, there was just so many HD's down there. Several very nice Victory baggers.

1. Indian..hands down by far. I actually was the only Indian I saw in an hour. The T3 probably had 50 pictures taken of it, and was by far the bike for crowd appeal. Nice thing is, it is an 02, runs perfectly, and has 15k on the clock....The Time Bomb Continues to Tick !!!

If I remember right,

that's one good lookin "TICKEN"

T3 Indian time bomb, ya gots there..

Glad it entertained the masses ! !

Dave

WOW....!,,,,15k???

you got a good one