Indian Motorcycle Community

That App Thing.

Since I retired I've kind of kept away form anything too high tech... Had enough of that in my career.

So anyway, my good old cell phone that I've had for.. 10 years or so.. DIED. My daughter talked me into getting one of these fancy dancy smart phones.... A samsung galaxy s4, not the latest and greatest but it will do.

That fucker is HUGE.. And I'm struggling with how to carry it. I got a clip for my belt but I don't like it.

Anyway, I hear there is an Indian app that I can download.. Is it worth the trouble?

No.

absolutely not.......the app sucks. the only good thing really is if you are traveling it shows you the closest Indian Dealer/Service Shop...otherwise a waste of time. The weather radar is better on other weather apps. The RIDE LOGGING hangs up, makes phone freeze up, is a battery and data hog. Not well written...buggy.....and have tried to make it work a half a dozen times and it has locked up my phone and failed to deliver as intended every single time.

like I said...I have it for location and contact info for other dealers...but dont use it for anything else as it is useless in my opinion.

Anyway, I hear there is an Indian app that I can download.. Is it worth the trouble?

I've got the S5. Fits fine in my front pocket .

Is the application worth it? Of course. Takes a few seconds to download and it's free. Why wouldn't one download it? Go to Play Store type in Indian Motorcycle. .it's the first on the list

Thanks for the info.

For carrying, I'm toting this thing around in my jacket or vest inside pocket.. and that seems to work.

As far as the app goes, I think I'll pass.. thanks for the heads up on that.