Indian Motorcycle Community

Turn Over Your Sermons Or Be In Contempt Of Court

Unfortunately stories like this are becoming all to common. The City of Houston, under the direction of their lesbian mayor, has subpoenaed the all sermons of area pastors which deal with homosexuality, gender identity or the mayor. Any minister who fails to comply will be held in contempt of court. In Texas for God's sake. WTF is happening to our country, our constitution?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/14/city-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/

Somebody explain to that comfortable shoe wearing , carpet munching, flannel shirt wearing bull dyke that there IS a 1st amendment

Fuck this is nuts!!

• Like 1

Molon Labe is oh so fitting for today's environment for two reasons. First as a battle cry against all those liberal cry babies who wish to nullify the second amendment and second its original use against radical Islam and their current wish for a another caliphate.

I'd take this more seriously if it was from a reliable news source that wasn't known for sensationalism of the news.

Fox News is not a reliable source? Where do you get your news, The Daily Show?

• Like 1

I'd take this more seriously if it was from a reliable news source that wasn't known for sensationalism of the news.

Really? Thank God they exist.

They're the major watchdog news outlet. Most people that feel that way have never watched it. They have several liberal assholes employed. Geraldo Rivera, Bob Beckel, Juan Williams to name a few. They're always wrong, but they work for Fox.

Try them out. Enlighten yourself.

• Like 3

if they dont write down their sermons or record them....then guess the govt can come listen themselves. i would not give them shit.....and would have their ass in court under 1st Amendment violation and a hate crime against Christianity. She needs to be schooled on some things.

• Like 1

Funny how that "separation of church and state" bullshit only applies when the government, atheists or homosexuals want it to.

• Like 2

Fox News is not a reliable source? Where do you get your news, The Daily Show?

Hell - the daily show is wayyy more reliable than Bullshit Mountain.

Funny.

When i was in High School, I was reading something (can't remember now what it was), and I must have said something about the article out loud. The girl sitting in the desk next to me asked me if I always believe what I read.

I told her "I believe what I read because I read what I believe". That was supposed to be a funny, smart-ass reply.

But...when I think about that, I realize now that my reply was (inadvertently) pretty profound. I can relate it to all forms of media today, and how everyone chooses to believes their media of choice (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc...) and argue about it's truthfulness or how unbiased their choice is.

I tend to lean more right on issues, but I certainly do not for one second believe that any of these bullshitters that pass themselves off as reporters, pundits, politicians, professors, or experts are unbiased.

• Like 2

roflmao.gif What's funny as hell is you probably believe that.

Here you go

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/houston.asp

Not sure what's worse, the fact that they did it at all or that they demanded all sermons, not specifically target sermons about homosexuality, transgender issues or the lesbo mayor. Like that makes it ok somehow in the eyes of Snopes.

Who exactly is Snopes ? No I know what they purport to be, and have seen things there that make me go hmm. So I rephrase the question. The editing / support staff of Snopes is comprised of who as a people in the know, where are they gathering their facts?

Snopes is composed of a liberal couple who searches the internet to prove or disprove stories. Their credibility has been questioned many times.

Snopes is composed of a liberal couple who searches the internet to prove or disprove stories. Their credibility has been questioned many times.

And pretty sure they are backed by Soros money.

As was suspected, nothings as it seems,and truth to some seems to be malleable.

• Like 1

As was suspected, nothings as it seems,and truth to some seems to be malleable.

yes, seems like certain sermons only from those associated with the anti-gay/same sex marriage churches which were collecting signatures for a specific cause were targeted. This was done to see if the direction in the sermons was what is being argued in court. seems reasonable for the legal cause I guess--lawyers typically cast a wide net or take a shotgun approach. While requesting the sermons doesn't seem to be a violation of any rights, if they were being used to suppress the message of the sermons that would be no bueno.. they can preach what they want, much like hate groups, mosques, peace rallys, etc can preach what they want. Depending on your POV, you may or may not agree with what is being preached.

Another question is are the rights of the gays trying to marry who they choose, which was being peddled by the churches, is/was being suppressed? Again, probably depends on your POV.

Its funny that we scream about constitutional rights from all ideologies... Liberals, conservatives, and all those in between will take away some rights. Depends on your POV if you're offended by what each group is pitching..

yes, seems like certain sermons only from those associated with the anti-gay/same sex marriage churches which were collecting signatures for a specific cause were targeted. This was done to see if the direction in the sermons was what is being argued in court. seems reasonable for the legal cause I guess--lawyers typically cast a wide net or take a shotgun approach. While requesting the sermons doesn't seem to be a violation of any rights, if they were being used to suppress the message of the sermons that would be no bueno.. they can preach what they want, much like hate groups, mosques, peace rallys, etc can preach what they want. Depending on your POV, you may or may not agree with what is being preached.

Another question is are the rights of the gays trying to marry who they choose, which was being peddled by the churches, is/was being suppressed? Again, probably depends on your POV.

Its funny that we scream about constitutional rights from all ideologies... Liberals, conservatives, and all those in between will take away some rights. Depends on your POV if you're offended by what each group is pitching..

Here's how I interpret what happened: You aren't allowed to preach in government places, that ol' separation of church and state thing. No sermons in the courtroom. No come-to-Jesus revival meetings in the school classrooms. So, it's only fair that churches not be allowed to do politics. That ol' separation of church and state thing goes both ways.

Personally, I'm not all that into politics or church. I ride motorcycles instead.

There is nothing in the constitution about separation of church and state. This is a complete misinterpretation of our founding documents. If you read through those documents, you will see our founders were only trying to prevent a state sponsored religion on a federal level. Our laws and our founding was based on Christianjudeo principles. Shit one of the first books published by our newly founded government was a bible.

• Like 1

I understood that she was demanding to review the sermons or else the church (or pastor) would be held in contempt of court.

That doesn't sound like a request. That is an order. Why stop at Churches? That is where I have a problem.

I don't care all that much about what any church preaches. I always figured if the congregation doesn't like it, they are free to find a different church.

Shit...a government entity demanding documents from an organization, and is ready to sue,fine,or levy whatever punitive damages they deem appropriate if the "offending" organization does not comply.

What if the offending organizations was, say, the IRS, or the State Department rather than a Christian church?

hmmm....