Indian Motorcycle Community

So my buddy wrecked my trailer..after insurance and stuff, I figured he owed me $ 1000. He built me an AR and is giving me a 100 rounds of ammo also..is that about right?

• Like 1

oh..black man with a gun and you get scurred? typical!

So let me get this straight, we havbin friends for how many years & you just now (today) decided to tell me you are black ?? I can't believe that you would decieve me in this manner. I don't know if our friendship can survive this revolting developement ...OHHHHHtheHORROR

Edited by hasbin
  • Like 7

I remember that ride through the Ozarks Eric.. on our way getting lost on the back roads trying to make our way into Springfield to see the ladies... if that's what you want to call what we saw that night...

• Like 1

I remember that ride through the Ozarks Eric.. on our way getting lost on the back roads trying to make our way into Springfield to see the ladies... if that's what you want to call what we saw that night...

sometimes im glad I've had 12 concussions..some things are meant to be forgotten! had better "scenery" when you came through NOLA tho...

Depends on who made the receiver/components and what accessories are installed. The prices on AR's (particularly Colt and Bushmaster) skyrocketed over the last year or so but they're now back down to realistic levels, around $600-$700 range or so for basic versions made by DPMS, Republic, etc. Higher-end AR's such as Colt, Bushmaster, Spike's Tactical, S&W and Rock River are worth a little more. Again, depends on who made it and what's installed. Lots of accessories available nowadays. It's like "Barbie".....for Men. :nod:

• Like 2

sometimes im glad I've had 12 concussions..some things are meant to be forgotten! had better "scenery" when you came through NOLA tho...

And I look forward to the day I came through your neck of the woods homer "NOLA" !!

Edited by GarlicIndian

Depends on who made the receiver/components and what accessories are installed. The prices on AR's (particularly Colt and Bushmaster) skyrocketed over the last year or so but they're now back down to realistic levels, around $600-$700 range or so for basic versions made by DPMS, Republic, etc. Higher-end AR's such as Colt, Bushmaster, Spike's Tactical, S&W and Rock River are worth a little more. Again, depends on who made it and what's installed. Lots of accessories available nowadays. It's like "Barbie".....for Men. :nod:

cool..I'm checking with him on the components. I figured I'd never get my money out of him, so I let him build the gun.

He says receiver is private label made by Spikes and Aero Precision. the Components are DPMS.

You ...... with the gun..... now I don't have any chance for a S.P.P :(

haha..I have several guns.. how do you think I get the S.P.'s?

• Like 1

Like was said before, the value depends on the parts used. Is it a stamped lower, or billet? Matched upper? Cold hammer forged barrel? 1:9 twist? 1:7 twist? Who made the bolt carrier group?

Hell, over the last 2 years, the 100 rounds of ammo ALONE would have been worth $1000 in Kalifornia!

• Like 2

True as some said...depends on components...Bushmaster, Colt, Rock River, Larue, Daniel Defense....have good reputation for quality and reliability. If used top components in the build it would be $900-1600 build.....100 rounds depends again on whether commercial, mil surplus or imported from Russia.

If you are happy with weapon and think it is fair...then it is.

If not, can store it in my gun safe....until you decide. :)

I have owned Colt, Bushmaster, Rock River and SIG SAUER in 5.56.......all good weapons. Biggest thing is reliability as it can be $2000 weapon but if too finicky and does not feed and fire when you MOST NEED IT....it is nothing but a plastic and metal club.

• Like 1

Take the weapon especially in Cali , be better if we're chambered in 5.56.

oh..black man with a gun and you get scurred? typical!

and the black guy rides one of them motercicles,,,,,bad news fer sure

So my buddy wrecked my trailer..after insurance and stuff, I figured he owed me $ 1000. He built me an AR and is giving me a 100 rounds of ammo also..is that about right?

As others have stated, depends..

See if yur buddy would include at least three 30 rd. mags

to go with the 100 rds. of ammo, maybe a gun case or, other accessories.

Tell em how fond you were of that trailer.

Dave

tell him you had rather have a ak . you cant drag a ar thru the mud like a ak and hold up and fire ,ammo is cheaper

tell him you had rather have a ak . you cant drag a ar thru the mud like a ak and hold up and fire ,ammo is cheaper

Yeah....but he'd have to get two AK's to get close to $1000.

• Like 1

Yeah....but he'd have to get two AK's to get close to $1000.

shit the prices on a ak have gone up , ammo is avaliable most anywhere in the world ,those nato rounds are hopped up 22 rounds ,