Indian Motorcycle Community

Texans: You Need To See This.

As an Emergency physician, I am pretty blase' about this whole Ebola thing.

I mean, with the correct precautions and all, it's really a pretty easily controlled disease, for all the fact that it's lethal as hell.

The spread in Africa is more due to poor health care, sanitation and public health organizations than anything else.

No one in this country could possibly be as stupid as to do some of the stuff that I've seen the idiot 'public health' workers doing in Liberia, say, right?

This is America, right?

No one HERE would be so fucking stupid as to use a pressure washer to clean up blood and vomit from a known Ebola victim, while wearing NO protective gear, and allowing passersby to stand around in goddamn FLIP FLOPS while they were doing it...

Right?

Right?

Wrong.

A Dallas news chopper caught the city doing JUST THAT.

Note the bystander in flip flops. Note the workers in no hazmat gear, or even a just a fucking simple mask and eyewear.

And the runoff is going right down the fucking storm drains.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

sidewalk-ebola.png

Please tell me there is someone in the Texas government, or the City government, that doesn't have their head up their ass.

If someone doesn't lose their fucking job over this, this is a travesty.

In a more humorous and sarcastic note, A blogger wrote this today.

I think he's kidding.

I think......

Now that the first Ebola case in the United States has been diagnosed, we know that the infection of the entire nation is imminent. Because of this very real possibility, it is time to build a fence around the entirety of Texas, all 3029 miles, in order to keep the rest of the country safe from diseased Texans.

This task will not be easy, especially since we know that it will be necessary for the fence to be double-layered and electrified.

While its construction is happening, the nation will need to provide for thousands of armed border patrols and surveillance including helicopters, drones, and cameras.

We have to be prepared for any circumstance in a crisis situation. If necessary, the border patrol must be allowed to shoot to kill any illegal Texans who cross the fence into non-Texas territory. We are talking about the possibility of a plague that could end civilization as we know it. In this fight against sick Texans, no measure is too extreme. Quarantine is rational; doing nothing is not an option.

To support the work of the officers, the National Guard, if not the rest of the military, should be deployed to assure that Texans stay in Texas.

Troops already located in Texas will guard the border and, eventually, the fence from the inside. Containment demands tough choices and sacrifices, but our brave men and women in uniform are up for the challenge.

Edited by Dr. Mark
  • Like 1

The POS refuses to close the borders and shod have Stopped all travelers coming to America from Western Africa

There are strange ones out there.

The POS refuses to close the borders and shod have Stopped all travelers coming to America from Western Africa

Nope....can't do that. That would be "profiling"....

Our gubmint would never do anything to affect commerce like that. It might besmirch the stellar economic record.... :unsure:

I've learned some things living this long.

There are more stupid people walking this earth than should be allowed. Two terms for our Liar-in-Chief is evidence of our collective intellect in this country. We've reached our quota already.

Stupid people are breeding like rabbits. Smart people are not.

The U.S. is becoming a third-world country because of uncontrolled immgration and the stupid people breeding as mentioned above.

All politicians are liars.

I can't piss as high on a tree as I used to.

• Like 3

Funny thing is I called this a while back when I was in Tejas visiting Whatdayawant, this was when they flew the Doc. back into the States, I told him "it won't be long before we have an out-break in the US" Although I didn't think it would be in Tejas

Funny thing is I called this a while back when I was in Tejas visiting Whatdayawant, this was when they flew the Doc. back into the States, I told him "it won't be long before we have an out-break in the US" Although I didn't think it would be in Tejas

Thought the same thing.

I said to my Wife; "What the fuck are they thinking"?

Made me realize that if travel wasn't restricted from Ebola ravaged countries, it would just be a matter of time. No need to rush it though.

Fuck :oh:

Edited by indian T

So now this relief worker that was cured may be sick again could we have just made the strain antibiotic resistant?

Ebola is a virus, antibiotics work on bacterial infections. So, no. The virus could mutate, but from what I understand the makeup of Ebola makes that less likely to happen than with some other viruses.

I'm with doc...blasé on this deal. no one but ignorami and the media (who are creating a story) need be afraid. 1 case, 2 cases, 20 cases need not an outbreak make. it will (has) come here. for once I relinquish my protectionist cap and think we need to be the ones to fight this there. this is much more of a threat to our national security than is ISIL.

• Like 2

I have a knowledgeable friend who believes that terrorists (ISIS or other) are planning to infect themselves in order to suicide bomb public places as part of the jihad against infidels in Europe and the US.

yeah. I thought about that too. the screening at airports won't help during the incubation period either. but the link made to the bombing event should be made relatively quick, and in Western countries they should be able to stop the spreading relatively quick.

Like all things associated with terror--its not a matter of "if", but "when".. we just have to deal with it and move on. We can't stop all terror attacks, domestic or foreign in origin. There's crazy people out there (religious, political, etc terrorist) who want to hurt/kill/maim others..

Edited by homer

Well since this was written, we now have the first transmission to a nurse who cared for him. The CDC and NIH are a complete clusterfuck. NBC's medical correspondent who was with the cameraman who's infected was seen out picking up take-out food, violating her quarantine. As of last night, we may have another case in Kansas. Yesterday we had a long time ebola researcher from Purdue saying that airborne transmission is not an impossibility and has been demonstrated in laboratory conditions and that transmission rates increase as humidity and temperature decreases - i.e., winter.

And there has been ISIS/L chatter about using this as a biological weapon and sure as shit, a plane from UAE arrived yesterday with several people with flu like symptoms. What is seriously fucked up is that it takes a minimum of 24 hours to test for the virus, but they only quarantined the other passengers for 3 hours before letting them go on their way.

Oh and the libs are blaming Bush and the Republicans.