Indian Motorcycle Community

Cruzer Rider And Cindy

A lot of you folks know Cruzer and Cindy - especially the California surfer dudes. Cruzer posted on FB yesterday. He and Cindy were out for a ride when some drunk woman pulled up beside them and deliberately pulled over and knocked them down. Here's a copy of his post:

1st we are gonna be OK. We were coming home from Laughlin and just outside of Barstow ( Hodge Rd ) I was deliberately hit by a woman in a car. She pulled up beside me and turned into me. Cindy Rice-Kirkus went down trying to miss me as I was sliding down the fwy about 70 mph. We both have road rash and bruises. She ran but someone followed her and police got her on D st in Victorville. She was arrest for DUI, child endangerment (had her 9 y.o. with her) hit & run felony and will probably also charged with Attempted manslaughter. Exciting day , found out 68 y.o. guys don't bounce well . Will update if we ever get to see a doctor.

It's bad enough we gotta watch out for the nuts who don't see us.

I hope they charge her with all of those charges and that you are all okay..... seems like usually they always get off with just a reckless driving ticket if that at all. Hope they throw book at her ass...

• Like 1

Fuck. For those that don't know, Cruzer is not only a great guy, but an experienced rider. Thankfully he had skills to spare to avoid a more serious accident.

My father was telling me of a recent incident in Florida where a guy came up behind a motorcyclist on a single-lane road and after a few minutes, purposely accelerated and rammed the rear of the bike. At least the bastard was caught but unfortunately, the biker died from his injuries. When asked why he did it, the asshole said, "I don't like motorcycles".

Some things are unavoidable but you've got to maintain situational awareness and keep your head on a swivel everytime you straddle your bike. Idiots are everywhere. :nod:

Two years ago at the Lake of the Ozarks, a HD guy was sitting at the stop light at the outlet mall. A teenage kid rear ended him and killed him. Turned out the kid was texting while driving.

All the kid got was a ticket for reckless driving.

Total shame.

Fuck. For those that don't know, Cruzer is not only a great guy, but an experienced rider. Thankfully he had skills to spare to avoid a more serious accident.

Is that Gary ?

Hoping for a speedy recovery CR and Cindy...like to meet up someday...always a great chuckle on Funnybook!

And for the idiot in the vehicle....throw the GD book at her!