Indian Motorcycle Community

Centennial Chief #33 Story

well i have always wanted a chief but they were to costly ,i settled for other bikes ,at 56 now and able to pay bills i found the perfect one on cycle trader june 2014 in florida . price seemed right ,original family owned . drove to central fl. met the nicest people, said i was the only person to ever ride it except his dad . the story ,the mom ordered this bike in 2000 for their 50th anniversary !!! what a woman , they were in their seventys we it was delivered . he rode 350 total miles and sold it to his son ,he got his dream and thrill in those miles , wel he died last year and the son i bought it froms wife has brain tumors ,so riding days are over for now or this bike would have never ever been sold .i will try to bring this bike to perfect show room condition and ride her till im to old ,then pass it down . life goes on.............. glassguy

• Like 1

:Worthless:

thank you ,im glad to be on here with a great bunch of folks !

Congrats on the new ride.

Sounds good put up some pictures when you have time.

Awesome story and glad you got it... You sound like a well deserving guy that has fulfilled one of his dreams...

Enjoy your new ride glassguy2 !! :moped:

thank you ,a gilroy has been my dream .i wish the old guy could have enjoyed it more tho

Sounds good put up some pictures when you have time.

i will, im so old school i barely can use a smart phone pics will ome soon !!!thanks guys

i will, im so old school i barely can use a smart phone pics will ome soon !!!thanks guys

He picked you to be the next caretaker, so he is still enjoying it through you. Every time you throw your leg over her he is with you.

• Like 2

He picked you to be the next caretaker, so he is still enjoying it through you. Every time you throw your leg over her he is with you.

wierd huh how things work,

• Like 1

heck of a story that Chief has, glad you found that Indian as it sounds like you got the fever n the Centennial has a great new home!

yep ,lucky i love this bike ,but if this bike could talk she could sure tell us more , guy at americanmoto is helping me put her back up top to a 10 ,she deserves it , holler at me on your next ashland trip ,glassguy

• Like 1

yep ,lucky i love this bike ,but if this bike could talk she could sure tell us more , guy at americanmoto is helping me put her back up top to a 10 ,she deserves it , holler at me on your next ashland trip ,glassguy

The Centenial is a beautiful bike. Congrats. I love the rake on those S&S bikes.

I have a similar story, with a twist. I almost bought a Centenial. I negotiated with the owner, an old guy that was through riding it after 20,000+ miles. I was on my way to pick it up in NC when the owner's son called me and told me he had just sold it to someone else who was willing to pay more. This was after the deal was done between the owner and I. I had already traveled 60 miles. He said he would call me back if the deal fell through. I told him not to bother and what I thought of his ethics. What an asshole. Things work out for a reason, I guess.

• Like 1

There is a Centennial sitting in the lobby of the Hilton at Springfield, Mass with 3 or 4 miles on it.

The Centenial is a beautiful bike. Congrats. I love the rake on those S&S bikes.

I have a similar story, with a twist. I almost bought a Centenial. I negotiated with the owner, an old guy that was through riding it after 20,000+ miles. I was on my way to pick it up in NC when the owner's son called me and told me he had just sold it to someone else who was willing to pay more. This was after the deal was done between the owner and I. I had already traveled 60 miles. He said he would call me back if the deal fell through. I told him not to bother and what I thought of his ethics. What an asshole. Things work out for a reason, I guess.

that was wrong for sure ,where i live and you know this living in the south a handshake or your word seals the deal ,its final

that was wrong for sure ,where i live and you know this living in the south a handshake or your word seals the deal ,its final

Exactly. I would have never done that to someone, no matter how much more was offered. All of our previous generations, and ours to some degree, believe that our word is our bond. If you don't have that, you have nothing. Our world is changing and not for the better.

Things happen for a reason. I love this Roadmaster, especially since I sent the engine off to Blackhawk and had him add a large set of gonads to it.

Get ready for a lot of attention at gas stations and all points between.

Exactly. I would have never done that to someone, no matter how much more was offered. All of our previous generations, and ours to some degree, believe that our word is our bond. If you don't have that, you have nothing. Our world is changing and not for the better.

Things happen for a reason. I love this Roadmaster, especially since I sent the engine off to Blackhawk and had him add a large set of gonads to it.

Get ready for a lot of attention at gas stations and all points between.

you take care v-rod ride safe and thanks ,anytime your passing thru alabama your welcome to take a rest stop here . glassguy

You do the same. and the invitation is open to you here as well.

I just noticed you had a Valkyrie. I saw one at the Honda dealership in Hendersonville, NC many years back and absolutely fell in love with it. It had a flame paint job, that may have been factory, and was stripped to the basic bike. Low, wide and mean. It had six drag pipes and sounded like a beast.

You do the same. and the invitation is open to you here as well.

I just noticed you had a Valkyrie. I saw one at the Honda dealership in Hendersonville, NC many years back and absolutely fell in love with it. It had a flame paint job, that may have been factory, and was stripped to the basic bike. Low, wide and mean. It had six drag pipes and sounded like a beast.

yep the valk is probably one of the best bikes ever built mine has 80,000 miles and never touched except brakes,tires and oil changes . it is god awefull fast and smooth . it will leave anything except a crotch rocket or rocket 3 in tears lol . the 6 pipes are cobra 6 pack ,i have them on mine i will post a pic when i figured it out , have a good one friend