Indian Motorcycle Community

Isis & Whack-A-Mole

I have no idea what should be done about ISIS... or even if anything should be done about them at all. The problem IMO is that we are dealing with an ideology, and this particular terror army is just one manifestation of that ideology. If we destroy this manifestation another will just take its place.

It's like the Whack-A-Mole game at the carnival. The game itself represents the ideology, and ISIS is just one of the little moles that sticks its head up. If you whack that particular mole, two more will stick their heads up. There is no winning a Whack-A-Mole game, because the more moles you whack the more that stick their heads up.

I live in a military town and so have had a chance to talk to several young men who have served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. From what I've been told pretty much everyone over there hates us, so arming one group against the other is actually arming one of our enemies. It just seems to be a no-win situation.

I agree that ISIS is an evil organization and a threat to our way of life, but what can we do about it?

Before considering military action I think we need to carefully think about what the end-game will be. What would victory look like? I don't believe we should get involved in what could turn out to be a perpetual war. If we kill off ISIS it will create a vacuum into which another group will form. It's Whack-A-Mole.

On the other hand this can turn into a fight for civilization itself, so I think that we need to do something, but I just don't know what.

What do you guys think?

Edited by KenB
  • Like 1

You hit it on the head, this is a fight for our civilization. Sooner or later it will be here. I am not being fateful, it is the truth. If anyone thinks that the widespread immigration of Muslims into the western world is just like every other wave of immigrants you are delusional, IMHO. This will be a war that will last for a long time, perhaps finished by our grandkids.

Read this book, it will chill you to the bone. Written by an ex-terrorist.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1416577807/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=4963254271&ref=pd_sl_8rhj0njutn_e

• Like 1

wackadoo

Radical muslims wish to behead you.

Moderate muslims wish radical muslims to behead you. :PlzDie:

It's really just that simple. :nod:

• Like 2

What do you do with fire ants? You will never kill them all, but there is great satisfaction in killing the ones in your yard. Their goal is to meet Allah. We should help expedite their wishes. They want to die and take us with them. Stupid, barbaric and cowardly people if you ask me. We saved millions of American lives when we nuked Japan. I'm not saying nuke them, but they need to know that we will annihilate them if they cross us. BTW, we shouldn't take offense that they hate us, they hate everybody, including each other.

The sad part is we have no control over our borders to stop any threats coming here and we are afraid to identify and remove the threats already in the U.S.

• Like 3

remove the PC bullshit. Go in and take no prisoners. Get the job done right regardless of the liberal PC whining. If anyone regardless of religion or ethnic background wants to come to north America they must abide by our rules and our way of life. If they can't then tell em to piss off. They aren't welcome. When they find Jihadis they should put a bullet between there eyes no questions asked. The others will take notice and leave us alone.

Al

• Like 5

To radical Muslims, everything is black and white. They came out of the womb hating Americans and anyone else who is not a Muslim. You are either a devout Muslim or you are a mongrel infidel that deserves to die. End of story. When they don't have infidels to fight, they fight each other like they've been doing for thousands of years and no amount of "education" or "understanding" or "diversity" will make them stop. They want things to be like they were in Biblical times and therefore they abhor modern culture, technology and any equal rights for women and non-Muslims. They are like rampant three-year olds, there is no rationlizing with them; the only thing they understand is a crack on the ass.

They know they will never beat us in a fair fight. Their Koran permits, even encourages, every form of deception and methodology to further Islam ideology to include cheating, lying, stealing and killing. Befriending enemies to stab them in the back is one of their main methods of operation. Look what's happening to Europe. Their overall goal is to bring down the West through subversion and interdiction, infilitrating our cities and our government, using our own laws, compassion and our "do not offend at all costs" culture against us.

The American people are too liberal and compassionate to do what really needs to be done to eliminate radical Islam from the face of the earth. In my opinion, one nuclear device detonated over Saudi Arabia would stop 90% of the terrorist problem since that's where the majority of terrorists are bred, trained and funded.

Good thing I'm not President for a day.....

• Like 5

I agree. The only thing that has any chance of keeping this insanity at bay is to instill fear in them. Even then, the final outcome is doubtful.

The difficult thing is that we are battling an ideology, and that sort of thing is practically impossible to kill. We can kill those who follow that ideology, but the ideology remains. As you say, that ideology promotes using our own tolerance against ourselves, and that makes it so very dangerous.

I also have some doubt about "Moderate Muslims"... do they even exist? Where are their protests against "Radical Muslims"? Where is their outcry at the outrages of the actions made in the name of their religion? I don't see any, do you?

Considering that there are millions (perhaps billions) of Muslims, is it even possible to quell their violent ideology through force? Obviously reason and negotiation will never work, but does force have a better chance?

I really think we need to define what we want as an outcome - what will our victory look like, before we put our troops in danger. If we are going to kill everyone who hates us and poses a threat to our way of life... this is going to be a LONG war.

• Like 1

We have two choices according to them. Submit and die or die fighting them. Notice the common denominator?

All we have to do is make sure they die for their ideology, not us, and in massive numbers.

Remember Muammar Ghadafi? Ran his mouth until Reagan dropped a bomb in his lap. Shut him up for over 20 years. He got the message.

I also have some doubt about "Moderate Muslims"... do they even exist? Where are their protests against "Radical Muslims"? Where is their outcry at the outrages of the actions made in the name of their religion? I don't see any, do you?

Again, black and white. Their cause is being progressed, even if the "Moderate Muslims" say they don't agree with the methods.

Again, black and white. Their cause is being progressed, even if the "Moderate Muslims" say they don't agree with the methods.

So is our objective to kill all Muslims?

I really don't see a end-game solution here.

As long as we exist we are an affront to everything they believe in, and they vow to destroy us. We can't isolate them because there isn't a prison big enough. If we leave them alone (as many leftists believe we should) they will continue to seek us out and kill us whenever they can.

Killing them all just isn't possible since they are so many - and I doubt that any country has the will to do that no matter what atrocity they commit.

Kill enough of them until they are pacified. How many is enough? I guess that's up to them. If they know we mean it, it will probably be fewer than we originally think. But they have to know that we will not take any shit from them.

• Like 2

Kill enough of them until they are pacified. How many is enough? I guess that's up to them. If they know we mean it, it will probably be fewer than we originally think. But they have to know that we will not take any shit from them.

Then I think the question is whether or not there is the "political will" to do what's necessary. Too many bleeding heart liberals standing in the way.

Just start killing all the loud radicals let Allah sort them out. If some moderate muslims get caught up in the killing oh well maybe they needed to be more vocal about how much they don't agree with the extremists. The moderates do have a choice they can voice their displeasure with the zealots or they can join em in hell.

Al

• Like 1

It was said before drop the Big A Bomb on them. Any of them left shoot them. Any of them ever start this shit again kill em. This I would do for no charge.

It is long past time that we should have secured our borders. Maybe we need to show them that they would be dealt with much like Israel does with it's enemies. ZERO TOLERANCE for any and all bullshit. Only takes a lesson or two and they go elsewhere to do their terrorism

You don't hear from moderate normal Muslims for some of the same reasons you don't hear from moderate Americans. Their voices get drowned out by the extremists. Just they don't seem to have a big liberal base as we do. However, they are there. I was just in Turkey, talked to a lot of people, one girl was really angry about how these thugs kill in the name of islam. Truth be told from what I see, there are still a lot of Muslims who are kinda OK with the killing of Christians, jews, and the wrong kind of Muslims. Way too many.

In some respects, radical Muslims and moderate Muslims can be compared the same way Nazis can be compared to the average German citizen. As long as things are going well for them, the economy is good and the trains run on time, just let the extremists do what they want. Problem is, without voicing their opinions (or starting outright revolt) and just turning a blind eye, they all get painted with the same brush and suffer the same fate, innocent or not. History has shown time and time again this is what apathy, complacence and lethargy do for you.

• Like 1

We should start by getting rid of the one in the White House

• Like 6

We should start by getting rid of the one in the White House

Now you talking.

• Like 1

Hmmm....The problem I have with lumping all people of a group together is there is no finite line. As you near the fringes of the subgroups, it becomes less and less clear who the bad guy really is. Before long the bad guy is your friends wife, your brother, your parents or others that YOU care about. If you aren't careful you may find yourself as the bad guy. It's a huge problem but I don't think concentration camps and mass execution is the answer. Sounds good and macho on a motorcycle forum but in real life...not so much.

Edited by badndn
  • Like 4

It's got nothing to do with being "macho" I too know and have muslim friends. They are vocal. and I do not follow the muslim faith or any religion for that matter as they are all full of hate and anger over peeps who do not believe as they do. What I am suggesting is ANY radical that wants to harm me. my family or way of life needs to be firmly put down to where they understand they should not be screwing with us. The Muslim friends I know express their sadness and disbelief in what the wacko's are doing in the name of Allah. They say that being muslim is about being peaceful. Kinda like what all religions say remember the crusades? It needs to stop and the world needs to stop hiding behind the PC bull shit. Yes innocents get killed but that should all be on the murderous ways of the terrorists not us for defending ourselves.

Al

Hmmm....The problem I have with lumping all people of a group together is there is no finite line. As you near the fringes of the subgroups, it becomes less and less clear who the bad guy really is. Before long the bad guy is your friends wife, your brother, your parents or others that YOU care about. If you aren't careful you may find yourself as the bad guy. It's a huge problem but I don't think concentration camps and mass execution is the answer. Sounds good and macho on a motorcycle forum but in real life...not so much.

Mass execution? Radical Muslim is the group we are discussing, not Muslims in general. ISIL, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda are all self-professed enemies of the U.S. Hell, ISIL troops carry flags so they are easily distinguished. They are not civilized and do not think like you, but they are not stupid, either. They are a disease and will not go away. We have the intelligence available to distinguish them from others. There's nothing macho in defending your family and your fellow countrymen. If you don't stand up and fight to eliminate any faction that is bent on your destruction, then your destruction is imminent. If you can destroy them in their homeland before they come here, then all the better. Apparently, some agree since we have started weeding them out again yesterday.

• Like 1

This whole issue is very complicated and as much as I'd like to just drop a few atomic bombs and end it all, I know there will be no simple solution. There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world (almost 1/4 of the world's population) and there are dozens of sects. I'm sure they're not all radical. However, as in any war, there are going to be innocent casualties, especially when the fanatics themselves purposely orient most of their attacks on civilians and then hide behind women and children. At least the US (and most civilized countries) makes a conscious effort to minimize them.

I personally think the air strikes are a good start. Using this method, you can surgically remove most of the key leaders, cut their communications and destroy any transportation and infrastructure they have. Air (and drone) strikes keeps them constantly looking over their shoulders and scurrying like rats. It also has the positive side effects of demoralizing the enemy and minimizing US casualties.

Almost every religion will have a fanatical fringe element (Westboro Baptist Church is a good example). The REAL fix for this Muslim situation is the Muslims themselves. If it truly is a religion of peace, the moderate Muslim majority needs to step up and make a concerted effort (not just occasional lip service) to cut out this cancer. However, I don't think they are unified enough or have enough interest since Islam is being spread to the rest of the world, even if it is through violence. Furthermore, I think they're all afraid of the repercussions from the fanatics and they desire they focus their hatred elsewhere....like towards us.

• Like 1

Mass execution? Radical Muslim is the group we are discussing, not Muslims in general. ISIL, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda are all self-professed enemies of the U.S. Hell, ISIL troops carry flags so they are easily distinguished. They are not civilized and do not think like you, but they are not stupid, either. They are a disease and will not go away. We have the intelligence available to distinguish them from others. There's nothing macho in defending your family and your fellow countrymen. If you don't stand up and fight to eliminate any faction that is bent on your destruction, then your destruction is imminent. If you can destroy them in their homeland before they come here, then all the better. Apparently, some agree since we have started weeding them out again yesterday.

Not what was being discussed previously. here. Go back and read the thread.