Indian Motorcycle Community

Losing Is Worse Than Child Abuse...

Apparently, Losing is worse than child abuse. At least is you own an NFL team.

The Vikings just reinstated Adrian Peterson, the day after the Patriots handed them their heads.

Surely just a coincidence.

I just watched the video of the two idiots...I mean, the coach and the GM...that Ziggy Wilf sent out to explain this backpedalling move to the public. It would have been comical if it wasn't so fucking sad.

Let's be clear here, I am not against punishing your child.

Corporal punishment is fine... up to a point.

I spank my kids, OK.

I do NOT beat my kids with a switch, leaving lacerations and bruises on their legs, buttocks and groin, that are still visible a week after the fact.

I do NOT stuff their mouths full of leaves so they can't scream, pull down their pants, and beat their bare asses with a switch until they bleed.

In the ER, I have seen more abused kids than you want to know about, trust me.

I have seen children immersed in boiling water.

I have seen a toddler who had his hand stuck into a gas wall heater.

I have seen literally dozens of children with skull fractures.

In over 3/4's of the cases the parents stated to me or the investigators that they were punishing the child for something.

The police and CHS investigators invariably find that the abusers were themselves abused as kids.

You do what you learn as a child.

What Adrian Peterson did was not a spanking, OK?

Beating a four year old with a switch until he bleeds, striking him on the groin and thighs, ("I see I got him in the nuts") and leaving cuts and bruises that are still there a week later, after stuffing his mouth full of leaves so he won't scream out?

THAT IS FUCKING CHILD ABUSE, PEOPLE.

And no, I don't want to hear about how you got beat as a child and you turned out just great.

You may have turned out fine. That doesn't mean beating a child like this is OK.

It doesn't mean that beating YOU like that was OK, either.

What Peterson did was NOT OK.

I thought the Vikings, unlike the Ravens, or the 49ers, or the Panthers, or Roger Dipshit Goodell, I thought they had gotten it right.

I thought, "Holy Shit! Ziggy Wilf has morals and integrity!"

I guess that only lasted until Tom Brady and the Patriots got ahold of them.

Oops! My bad!

• Like 4

Last Resort, on 15 Sept 2014 - 7:13 PM, said:

It depends on how "important" you are what you get away with

maxresdefault.jpg

Us old farts remember this. Hell, the roof of the car was out of the water. I figure they should have buried Teddy next to his brother so they could shut the gas off to the "eternal flame" and let the flames of hell take over. Damn...did I just say that?

• Like 3

yep....i was spanked...I was also beat and lashed and would not want that for any child. My kids were spanked...but I learned a lesson during my own youth on what is right and what is wrong...and even if that is the way you are raised or were raised and disciplined...there is a limit where a line is crossed from behavior correction to abuse. He lost control...anger took over....you can see it in the number of hits that were imparted....blind rage.

I could give a fuck about A. Peterson or whether he plays ball or goes to hell for his actions.

I pray the children can forgive him...and they can vow to never do that to their own children. NEVER!

• Like 3

Agreed Mark, I can't stand the lawyer driven sound bite, I was just using the discipline I had as a kid growing up in the South. As if that makes it all fine. What horrible deed could a 4 year old possibly do to deserve a whipping so severe that it leaves bruises on his scrotum? Seriously?!?!?

• Like 1

Stupid people demand control & blind obedience, the end justifies the means.

There are much more outrageous crimes completed daily.

“It is not our part to master all the tides of the world,

but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set,

uprooting the evil in the fields that we know,

so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.”

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
T.S. Eliot

“Animals don't behave like men,' he said.

'If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill.

But they don't sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures' lives and hurting them.

They have dignity and animality.”
Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Looks like what drives me crazy
Don't have no effect on you--
But I'm gonna keep on at it
Till it drives you crazy, too.”

Langston Hughes, Selected Poems

Uh Brock did you not read all of Dr Mark posting? He said he don't want to here how you got your ass whipped as a child and turned out all right. :rotfl: So I can not say nothing about me childhood. :no:

It is all about money they ain't gonna do much if anything to them big ass dumb mf ball players. You should of seen all the bullshit that went on with them UT football players. Now that they have a new coach if they don't go by his rules they do not play and he is a black man. That man don't take no shit from them.

Kinda funny how the media taints everything? You know, how they only tell one side of a story. Funny they forgot to mention how the 4 year old was trying to suffocate the 5 year old with a plastic bag.

So what is the protocol for teaching children of this age not to do this kind of thing?

Please understand, I do not condone this type of discipline! Raising children is no easy task.

Also funny how we are all so quick to make judgment when we really know so very little about this, as well as many other situations presented by the media.

What the hell recently happened in St. Louis????? How many people jumped to conclusions because of the sensationalism portrayed by the media?

I'll reserve my judgment regarding this situation until all the facts have been shown.

I believe the management of the MN Vikings understand much more about this situation than we will be able to know until Adrian has his time in Court. Judicial system they will get to the bottom of this.............. yea sure sometime in 2015.

Also funny, that this incident which occurred in May 2014 is just now coming into the light at the beginning of the NFL season.

• Like 3

I think I'm going to wait & see what truth comes out, the media jumped on this & rode it like a rented mule for a week, Hey how about Will Haden molesting "both" of his daughters, I personally think that is a touch worse than an ass whoopin like many of us recieved more than once, yeah I'm alittle "thick" it took quite a few :nod:

Kinda funny how the media taints everything? You know, how they only tell one side of a story. Funny they forgot to mention how the 4 year old was trying to suffocate the 5 year old with a plastic bag.

So what is the protocol for teaching children of this age not to do this kind of thing?

Please understand, I do not condone this type of discipline! Raising children is no easy task.

Also funny how we are all so quick to make judgment when we really know so very little about this, as well as many other situations presented by the media.

What the hell recently happened in St. Louis????? How many people jumped to conclusions because of the sensationalism portrayed by the media?

I'll reserve my judgment regarding this situation until all the facts have been shown.

I believe the management of the MN Vikings understand much more about this situation than we will be able to know until Adrian has his time in Court. Judicial system they will get to the bottom of this.............. yea sure sometime in 2015.

Also funny, that this incident which occurred in May 2014 is just now coming into the light at the beginning of the NFL season.

Well, Gary, I read the indictment.

No, there is nothing in there about the 4 year old suffocating a 5 year old with a plastic bag.

The statement made to the grand jury by Peterson was that the 4 year old pushed the 5 year old off of a video game.

I'm sure that deserved him being wailed on.

"Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game."

Now, apparently, Peterson is under investigation for beating another one of his 4 year olds with a switch.... while the child was strapped in a car seat.

(Jesus, how many baby mamas does this guy have anyway?)

But, what the hell, I'm sure the media blew this way out of proportion, too.

After all, no one would beat a four year old that was strapped in a car seat.

Right?

Edited by Dr. Mark

Oops. My bad.

It appears the other 4 year old was not actually strapped in the car seat at the time. He was actually trying to escape from his father, who was hitting him with the switch when he struck his head on the car seat.

"A top law enforcement official confirmed knowledge of the allegations by the mother of Peterson's son back in June 2013. Photos, which the KHOU I-Team obtained from a source, show a head wound to a boy identified as Peterson's four year old son. It is a wound that weeks later, left a scar above his right eye.

Sources claim it allegedly happened while the boy, who lives out of state, was visiting Peterson at his gated home in The Woodlands.

The source provided a string of text messages allegedly exchanged between the Peterson and the boy's mother. They contain numerous grammatical errors:

Mother : "What happened to his head?

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat".

Mother "How does this happen, he got a whoopin in the car"

Peterson: "Yep"

Mother: "Why?'

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

The text messages go on to show Peterson saying he was disciplining his son for cussing to a sibling. Also in the text messages, the mother asks "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson never answers directly but writes "be still n (and) take ya (your) whopping, he would have saved the scare (scar). "He's aight (all right)."

The exchange continued:

Mother: "I'm real sensitive about my baby and him being hit."

Peterson: "You tripping if you want him, come get him. I'm not about to be getting questioned down like you (you're) CPS."

Peterson's attorney issued the following statement:

"The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true. This is not a new allegation, it's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it. An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son. There is no ongoing or new investigation."

There you have it. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. :glare:

There is discipline and there is abuse. The discipline should fit the behavior. Not to the point that is ALLEGED here of course. I also think you have a background thing of a past couple trying to get at each other here too. But say for instance WHAT IF the thing about trying to suffocate his sister is true. What do you do? Put him in time-out and take his video game away for an afternoon? Pop him on the ass with your hand a couple of times? Make the wrong call and little sister may be dead next time. I got the hickory a few times.One example is... myself and a friend of mine were playing with matches and caught the hay field on fire behind my parents house. Big fire. Burned the man's hay up and could have destroyed homes and killed people. So I got the hickory. Yep, it left stripes. It also left an impression on my little forming mind that this was WRONG and you don't do that again. EVER. The hickory whooping fit the crime and in my opinion was justified and I thank my parents for doing it. My friend got off light. He was grounded for a couple of weeks. A year or two later he was playing with fire again. This time with gas. The predictable happened and the flame ran up the stream of gas to the jug. He flung it and gas went all over him. Scarred him badly on his arm and chest. Could have killed him. So...which discipline was more severe? A hickory whooping or doing nothing and the child repeating the behavior and letting the discipline come in another form? Such as what happened here. Bad behavior finds it's own discipline many times. Prison is full of people who a few hickory stripes may have helped.

Edited by badndn
  • Like 2

The text messages go on to show Peterson saying he was disciplining his son for cussing to a sibling. Also in the text messages, the mother asks "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson never answers directly but writes "be still n (and) take ya (your) whopping, he would have saved the scare (scar). "He's aight (all right)."

The exchange continued:

Mother: "I'm real sensitive about my baby and him being hit."

Peterson: "You tripping if you want him, come get him. I'm not about to be getting questioned down like you (you're) CPS."

Gotta love the fact that someone translated the jive for us.

• Like 1

Funny they forgot to mention how the 4 year old was trying to suffocate the 5 year old with a plastic bag.

I think this ABSOLUTELY speaks to the kind of piece-of-shit parents these kids have! Every parent can out muscle their kids, but it's a goddamn lazy way to parent. A parent's job is to out-think their children, not out muscle them.

Charles Barkley defends this by saying that beating your kids is a southern thing and that every black parent from the south is guilty of "whoopings". He went on to say that he grew up getting hit with switches and having welts, bruises and lacerations on his legs and backside.

And the circle of violence and abuse continues.

WAKE THE FUCK UP, PEOPLE! If the only way that you can control your children is by fear and by hitting them with objects, then you're a shitty parent. Children are 100% dependent upon their parents to feed them, clothe them, and shelter them. You are teaching them how to be an adult, and they learn by watching how you behave. If you're a slutty mom, you're going to have a slutty daughter. If you have a quick temper, you're kids will grow to have quick tempers. If you don't spend the time to correct the shitty things that happened to YOU in your childhood, then you're simply going to raise more shitty, miserable adults.

Your children deserve for you to fight FOR them. They don't deserve to live in fear of violence towards them.

Let's be clear; I was beaten and abused as a child and it sucked. But my children won't have to go through that.

My children don't try to suffocate each other, but then again, my wife and I are doing everything we can to raise our children to be honest, compassionate, loving, good-natured adults. It's a lot of goddamn work, and it's HARD. But it's worth it.

Beating your children is a choice. And if you choose to beat your kids, you're a shortsighted, lazy cunt.

• Like 4

Gotta love the fact that someone translated the jive for us.

Barbara Billingsly translated jive in the movie "Airplane". She was good at it, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=190iqepL-G4

Could someone show me the link to the evidence where it talks about this 'smothering of another child'?

I can't seem to get it to pop up on google, for some reason.

And, of course, it's not in the indictment or any of the sworn testimony that Peterson gave, anywhere.

One would think that an important point like that, especially in front of the grand jury, would be front and center.

But, oddly enough, it's nowhere to be found. :rock:

Peterson has not denied ANY of what is alleged. He simply stated that he thought he was doing the right thing.

I am sorry, but beating a four year old like this is not OK.

It's abuse.

• Like 3

Details deschmails. Don't get hung up on plastic bag, no plastic bag. There ain't no justification for beating your kids - nohow, noway, nonever. But that's just my notsofuckinghumbleatall opinion.

Y'all are very vague about "beating". . Define please. Some of the worst parents I have ever seen weren't disciplined as a child. Also not all kids are alike. Some don't listen to reason. Or a pop on the butt. Sorry but its true. Let's not call all physical punishment abuse. It isn't. Discipline makes better adults and it saves the child and the world a lot of heartache later. Let me be clear....I am not siding with the father on this. I don't know all the facts.

• Like 3

Could someone show me the link to the evidence where it talks about this 'smothering of another child'?

And, of course, it's not in the indictment or any of the sworn testimony that Peterson gave, anywhere.

One would think that an important point like that, especially in front of the grand jury, would be front and center.

Peterson has not denied ANY of what is alleged. He simply stated that he thought he was doing the right thing.

It's abuse.

:I-Agree[1]: I'm not on the fence on this, I just don't have the time or enegery to research the whole mess, what with trying to Phuk with y'all in here, keep 2-Garlick's runnin & training a new mutt, I have bareley enough time for self-abuse :ooh2::rotfl:

• Like 1

Self-abuse ya right. :SmackBottom::tear2: :tear2:

It's abuse.

I agree any piece of shit that beats a child needs to get the exact beating as the child had and then some. Any child that gets that far out of line needs therapy not physical pain to grow from the wrongful action. Any adult who in my opinion that beats a woman or child and is in the public's eye needs to be removed from that position indefinitely on the first offense. Cowards need to be punished not rewarded.

• Like 1

beating is different from spanking....PERIOD!

• Like 1

Another child abuse case in Austin, Tx this 3 yr old is dead and the worthless parents buried him.

www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/09/16/megan-works-family-history/15742015/ if that don't work go to KVUE news for Austin,Tx and look for story about Megan Works.

Meagan Work's family history following death of son, 2.htm

Edited by lschultz

beating is different from spanking....PERIOD!

My point exactly.

Smacking your kid on the butt to get their attention is one thing.

Stuffing a four year old's mouth full of leaves, pulling their pants down and beating them with a switch until they are bruised and bleeding is another entirely.

Peterson has not denied what he did. In fact, he was very upfront about it.

If you read the evidence, and the interviewing officers testimony, he actually seemed confused that anyone would not understand that this is not normal behavior.

Then I did some more reading.

Peterson was beaten like this as a child, by his father, (who went to jail for ten years for cocaine distribution).

Once, his father beat him with a belt in from of 20 of his high school classmates.

To him, this IS normal behavior.

I feel really sad for him, as I do for any of the victims of abuse.

Do I think this excuses him for what he did? Oh, hell no.

Anyway, the Vikings backtracked overnight, in the face of a veritable firestorm of criticism and the exodus of a major sponsor.

Which had the sum total effect of making them look even worse.

Yesterday:

"We feel strongly as an organization this is disciplining a child."

Today:

“While we were trying to make a balanced decision (Monday), after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian,”

Yeah. Sure.

After Anheuser-Busch, McDonalds, Campbell's Soup, Radisson, Nike and their sponsors started getting all up in the NFL's face.

They may not "get" child abuse or domestic violence, but they sure as hell "get" MONEY.

Oh, and I STILL haven't been able to find anything about this 'plastic bag and smothering another child thing', aside from a few comments on message boards and facebook.

As Brian pointed out though, even if the child DID do that, it is still not justification for beating him bloody.

• Like 2

Add to this the fact that another one of his children DIED last year, as a result of injuries resulting from abuse at the hands of baby-momma's boyfriend! (linky)

These children don't stand a fucking chance.

I do agree with everyone that a spanking is far different than abuse. But a spanking can quickly turn into an abusive situation, ESPECIALLY when the parent/adult lacks self control.

Keep in mind that the person doing the whooping in this situation IS A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. We're not talking about some fat slob that smacks his kid on the ass with an open hand, we're talking about a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE taking his anger/frustration/whatever out on a CHILD.

FUCK YOU, Adrian Peterson! You're not man enough to break the cycle of abuse, you cunt.

• Like 2