Indian Motorcycle Community

2004 sturgis

THAT's why everyone should PM and ask him about Sturgis...

Thanks, Danny

I'm gonna PM him and ask for pictures!!

Rosie

Don't have the pics ready yet. Definitely quiet the first weekend.  Rides to Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, Rushmore (Monday), and Wall (Sunday) were not bike-locked, which was nice, especially in Custer State Park.  Some vendors were still in setup mode on Friday, Full Throttle was not full on Friday so you could walk through without feeling like a sardine.  Gauntlet on Tuesday wasn't packed with bikes running through it, although parking was a little hard to find on the east end.  No fights that I heard about, although the cops did get called to Bobby's for a CMA'er that got out of hand.  Once the CMA left Bobby's on Sunday (they were there for a rally), it was easier to sleep past 6:30 a.m. when they'd get up and get started for the day.  Nothing like short pipes starting 10 feet from your tent at 7 a.m. to get your blood pumping in the morning.

Weather was decent, and Bobby Whittaker's was a pretty nice place to stay.  Belle Fourche was a nice place as well.  Small block party downtown Sunday night with a live band.  2 bars, 1 with a live band, and 2 restaurants (one on each side of town).

Coming out of Crazy Horse, front end of a bike was wedged in the wheel well of a truck.  Ambulance was already gone by the time we got there, looked like the truck was trying to pull a u-turn on the road and didn't see the bike, which wasn't damaged too bad, so if the biker was wearing a helmet or was able to stay on the bike (which was upright in spite of the front fender being wedged in the front tire well of the truck), he's hopefully ok.

Heard about another biker in the weeds scenario, he/she was taken to the hospital.  State, county, and city cops were pulling over a lot of cagers through my stay.  Didn't see them bothering any bikers.

Went up with Colorado Rider, other than our 2 chiefs, I did see 3 others (including Nasty and a glimpse of a cream/yellow chief owned by Chuck Ulen, missed gw, but I know he was there as well), a couple scouts (not IIRA) and 1 spirit (not IIRA).  Sold some IIRA merchandise to some non-IIRA'ers who are going to join us at some point upon their return home, and talked with a couple vintage owners who are going to check us out.

All in all, the Thursday night to Tuesday morning stay was pretty good, and we managed to sell over 250.00 worth of IIRA shirts and du-rags while I was there.

I'm sure things heated up action and T&A wise later in the week (although we did see our fair share of thongs, teddy's, bustiers, heels, and chaps in Sturgis).  Nasty will probably fill us all in later.

Archived